Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 57622 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 02:34:28 AM »
Advertisement

Wide sidewalk

Narrow ledges (look up, look way up)

Easy enough to pop one's head over the ledge unless one has a fear of heights

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 02:34:28 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2021, 02:48:00 AM »
The fact is that Oswald's "icing" in the form of him "eating lunch" with Norman and Jarman proves that he didn't see them when they were on the first floor prior to going to the fifth.

Oh dear oh dear, you poor Gullibles just can't get your story straight, can you?

The Ingenious Davidson Explanation of Mr Oswald's citing of Messrs Norman & Jarman is as follows:

-Mr Oswald manages to see Messrs Norman & Jarman leave the sidewalk and turn north on Houston
-A couple of minutes later he hears them a floor below
-Putting two and two together, he concludes that they must have re-entered the building by the back door.
-Later, in custody, he craftily uses this to place himself at the rear of the first floor at the time of their presumed re-entry en route to the fifth floor

Now for the Ingenuous Organ Supplementary Explanation:

-Mr Oswald, electing to completely screw up his crafty exploitation of presumed facts, adds the crazily unnecessary detail that Messrs Norman & Jarman ate lunch with him at this time!

:D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:01:40 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2021, 03:00:55 AM »
Mr. BALL - Did you see Lee Oswald?
Mr. JARMAN - No; I didn't.
Mr. BALL - After his arrest, he stated to a police officer that he had had lunch with you. Did you have lunch with him?
Mr. JARMAN - No, sir; I didn't.

Let's see what an honest line of questioning might have elicited, shall we?

Mr. BALL - Did you see Lee Oswald?
Mr. JARMAN - No; I didn't.
Mr. BALL - After his arrest, he stated in interrogation that he saw you and Hank Norman passing through at the rear of the first floor. Did you and Hank Norman pass through together at the rear of the first floor?
Mr. JARMAN - Yes sir, we did.
Mr. BALL - When was this?
Mr. JARMAN - Less than five minutes before the motorcade arrived.
Mr. BALL - Was anyone else with you at the time?
Mr. JARMAN - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - Did you see any other people at the rear of the first floor at the time?
Mr. JARMAN - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - If Lee Oswald was at the domino room, would it have been possible for him to have seen you without you seeing him?
Mr. JARMAN - I guess so, yes sir.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2021, 03:00:55 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2021, 03:03:26 AM »
    "And pray tell, how did Oswald guess, that both men, after leaving the
     front of the building would stay together, walk down Houston and enter
     the back of the building?"

Well, I guess you didn't say Oswald mouthed it, but you somehow know he guessed it. Or you really don't know. And your question was to do with me having to come up with some rationale for "how did Oswald guess, that both men, after leaving the front of the building would stay together, walk down Houston and enter the back of the building?"

I actually don't know and it is not my narrative. In the past several LNs have claimed that Oswald saw both men in front of the building from the 6th floor window and guessed that they subsequently went to the back of the building together and walked towards the elevators. In my estimation none of it actually happened. Oswald just saw Junior and another man enter the building through the doorway of the Domino room

So your interpretation is no better than anyone else's.

What interpretation would that be? I rely on the facts, which are that Norman and Jarman confirmed that they entered the back of the building around 5 minutes prior to the shots, to go to the 5th floor, and the only common denominator in all reports on Oswald's interrogation, which is that Oswald said he saw Junior and another man while having lunch in the Domino room.

Where does Oswald say words to the effect "just prior to the shots being fired"? And where does he say words to the effect that he saw Norman and Jarman take the elevator?

Stop playing games. We will never know what Oswald said verbatim due to the total incompetence of the interrogators. All we have is his comment that, while eating lunch in the Domino room, he saw Junior and another man walk through the room. If you want to argue that he saw this after the shots were fired, that's fine by me, but it would be completely ridiculous.

Sure. But it's all a house of cards based entirely on your reading between the lines.

Really? What lines am I reading between. Please do me a favor and bring the "house of cards" down with a logical, peruasive alternative version.... Go on then

What question was that?

Go back and find out for yourself. Stop playing games and wasting time by pretending to be ignorant.

Maybe I'm getting it from the same place you got Oswald knowing (since he never uttered it) this ...
  • "that both men, after leaving the front of the building would stay together, walk down Houston and enter the back of the building."
  • "Norman and Jarman entered the back of the building"

So what's your point? My point is that what little Oswald did say (according to the reports) lines up with the fact that Jarman and Norman confirm they were exactly where Oswald said they were.

Your are right. Oswald never said ...
  • "that both men, after leaving the front of the building would stay together, walk down Houston and enter the back of the building."
  • "Norman and Jarman entered the back of the building"

Again, what is your point? Oswald didn't say it (and we don't even know that for sure) so it didn't happen. Is that your argument? Really

Oswald only needed to know that most of his coworkers said they were having their lunch early so they could out to see the President. When he concocting his alibi after being arrested, that became a good basis for assuming the Domino Room would be empty. Oswald recalls seeing or hearing Norman and Jarman together, either on the street or under the SN window. Just to add a touch of authenticity, Oswald claimed (although he had brought no lunch to work that day) to have eaten lunch with the two

"In talking with him further about his location at the time the President was killed,
     he said he ate lunch with some of the colored boys who worked with him. One
     of them was called "Junior" and the other one was a little short man whose name
     he did not know. He said he had a cheese sandwich and some fruit and that was
     the only package he had brought with him to work and denied that he had brought
     the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister."

"He said he ate his lunch with the colored boys who worked with him. He described
     one of them as "Junior," a colored boy, and the other was little short negro boy.
     He said his lunch consisted of cheese, fruit, and apples, and was the only package
     he had with him when he went to work."

— Thomas J. Kelly

This doesn't sound like Oswald was anywhere near a lower floor ...

"You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation.
     So I didn't interrupt too much, but he [Lee Oswald] said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
     Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say
     whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see
     what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started
     to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers
     that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we
     will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about." And he
     wouldn't tell what happened then."

— Harry D. Holmes; April 2, 1964

Total and utter BS based on selective reading of non-verbatim reports that were written after the fact and after Oswald's death. The most pathetic argument is that Oswald was trying to concoct an alibi, when we are in fact talking about events that took place about 5 minutes prior to the shooting. There was no alibi there!

So now you have Oswald collaborating some "exact time". The fact is that Oswald's "icing" in the form of him "eating lunch" with Norman and Jarman proves that he didn't see them when they were on the first floor prior to going to the fifth. Knowing Norman and Jarman had done so would have been a useful thing for Oswald to state as clearly and precisely as he could, and repeatedly so.

I don't have Oswald collaborating some "exact time" whatever that means. Even less do I understand how the hell Oswald allegedly "eating lunch" with Norman and Jarman somehow proves that he didn't see them on them on the first floor. I really would look forward (and enjoy) to you explaining how this proves what you claim it does.

The biggest flaw in your story is that Oswald somehow must have known that Norman and Jarman were on the 5th floor when the shots are fired. There is not a shred of evidence for that and it's not really a flaw, it's really something you just made up to "support" your narrative.

Perhaps next time try to stick with the known facts and work from there instead of creating your own little fairytale

Three sets of facts here;

1. Norman and Jarman have confirmed that approx 5 minutes prior to the shots they entered the TSBD through the back door and took the elevator to the 5th floor

2. Anybody walking in the area of the first floor next to where the elevators and the stairs are can be seen through the door opening of the Domino room

3. The only common denominator of all the reports on Oswald's interrogation is that he claim to be eating his lunch in the Domino room when he saw Junior (aka Jarman) and another man (Norman) walk through the room.

Try to work it out from there and let us know what you come up with.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2021, 03:06:20 AM »
Mr Oswald's claimed sighting of Messrs Norman and Jarman at the rear of the first floor shortly before the assassination is significant not just for whom he claims he saw (Messrs Norman and Jarman) but for whom he claims he did NOT see (anyone else). The fact that he mentions only these two tells us that he knows the rear of the first floor was completely devoid of other people at this time.

How can he know this? How can he be confident that there wasn't in fact a bunch of guys hanging out back there, any one of whom can now blow his claim to smithereens?

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the question, 'How does he know no else was eating lunch in the Domino Room at 12:26?'

Because he was in the Domino Room at the rear of the first floor at 12:26.

Thumb1:

The fact that he mentions only these two tells us that he knows the rear of the first floor was completely devoid of other people at this time.

That's an astute observation Mr. Ford...... I had never realized that the fact that Lee said that he ate his lunch alone in the Domino room, means that he KNEW that nobody else was there at that time.    Lee had to have been there because  that is he only way he could have known that there was nobody in the Domino room.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2021, 03:06:20 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 03:09:22 AM »

Wide sidewalk

Narrow ledges (look up, look way up)

Easy enough to pop one's head over the ledge unless one has a fear of heights

Another one who has never been to the TSBD! All theory and no first hand knowledge.
To look straight down to the sidewalk from the 6th floor your entire upper body would need to be hanging out of the window.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 03:11:25 AM »
Oh dear oh dear, you poor Gullibles just can't get your story straight, can you?

The Ingenious Davidson Explanation of Mr Oswald's citing of Messrs Norman & Jarman is as follows:

-Mr Oswald manages to see Messrs Norman & Jarman leave the sidewalk and turn north on Houston
-Putting two and two together, he concludes that they must have re-entered the building by the back door.
-Later, in custody, he craftily uses this to place himself at the rear of the first floor at the time of their presumed re-entry en route to the fifth floor

-Mr Oswald, electing to completely screw up his crafty exploitation of presumed facts, adds the crazily unnecessary detail that Messrs Norman & Jarman ate lunch with him at this time!

And even worse, by making such a "false claim" he at best ends up with having an alibi for where he was 5 minutes or so prior to the shooting..... Yeah, that makes sense, right...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 03:11:25 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2021, 03:17:22 AM »

Oswald said he went to lunch at noon or shortly thereafter. No one in the Domino Room saw Oswald there. There's no evidence he brought a lunch. There's no statement from Oswald that he saw Norman and Jarman enter the back of the first floor, that Oswald saw them while he was in the Domino Room and that the time was 12:25.