Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo  (Read 68169 times)

Offline Royell Storing

Re: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2024, 03:52:06 PM »
Advertisement
Hi Jim, nice graphic, the left side and bottom border are clearly defined by the edge of the mirror(which in your graphic was a little fudged) and the top of Kennedy's jacket.

JohnM

And somehow we got LN's telling us that Jackie was NOT pulling down on JFK's arm? Really? LN's swear by the Assassination Images until it does not fit their 60 yr old LN Blah/Blah/Blah. Fortunately, Knott Labs 360 Laser SCIENCE and their finding that the, "SBT IS IMPOSSIBLE" have now knocked those 60 yrs of LN  BS: into a cocked hat.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2024, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2024, 04:37:08 PM »
Nice diagram Jerry but could you do it again with the rear view mirror at the correct width? In your diagram, it's conveniently smaller that it was in reality.
You will then see that the bullet impact line up perfectly.

Nothing "convenient" about the mirror in the 3D version of the garage photo appearing smaller. The position of the disc representing damage was based not on the mirror, which I noticed was different, but on the windshield in general. The blue outline of the "nebula" was drawn from the Altgens Photo. The mirrors appear to match in the Altgens photo recreation. Could be that in the garage photo, the mirror needs to be drawn forward in space a bit (which would then make it larger in regards to camera-view). Possibly the stem supporting the mirror is not correct.

I see no need to alter the disc representing the main area of the windshield damage. As the garage photo shows, the damage relative to the mirror was over towards the driver's side. The disc is also lower in elevation compared to the "Nebula" defect.

I think you ought to work this out in 3D being declaring the "Spiral Nebula" is the large windshield defect.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2024, 04:51:37 PM »
Nothing "convenient" about the mirror in the 3D version of the garage photo appearing smaller. The position of the disc representing damage was based not on the mirror, which I noticed was different, but on the windshield in general. The blue outline of the "nebula" was drawn from the Altgens Photo. The mirrors appear to match in the Altgens photo recreation. Could be that in the garage photo, the mirror needs to be drawn forward in space a bit (which would then make it larger in regards to camera-view). Possibly the stem supporting the mirror is not correct.

I see no need to alter the disc representing the main area of the windshield damage. As the garage photo shows, the damage relative to the mirror was over towards the driver's side. The disc is also lower in elevation compared to the "Nebula" defect.

I think you ought to work this out in 3D being declaring the "Spiral Nebula" is the large windshield defect.

ALL garage photos of the JFK Limo are tainted. Once the sun visors were lowered at Parkland Hospital in order to place the assembled top on the Limo made this an ALTERED crime scene. And then there's the Parkland Hospital photo of the wash bucket on the ground beside the Limo. This further taints the JFK Limo possessing any level of legit evidentiary value
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:52:30 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2024, 04:51:37 PM »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2024, 06:01:10 PM »

Whatever, the 3D image needs correcting, with the rear view mirror at the correct width. It's the only thing in the image which isn't at the right dimensions. We're talking about very important fine details so that needs to be corrected.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2024, 12:05:24 AM »
Whatever, the 3D image needs correcting, with the rear view mirror at the correct width. It's the only thing in the image which isn't at the right dimensions. We're talking about very important fine details so that needs to be corrected.

Meanwhile, if you have a better 2D or 3D image that maps your claim that the "Nebula" is directly over the actual windshield damage area, it would be nice if you showed it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2024, 12:05:24 AM »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2024, 07:50:25 AM »
Meanwhile, if you have a better 2D or 3D image that maps your claim that the "Nebula" is directly over the actual windshield damage area, it would be nice if you showed it.

Didn't you do the 3D images that you posted? If you did, all you have to do is put the mirror at the correct size.
If you can't do it in 3D, you could simply correct the 2D images. I'll do it soon.

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2024, 04:35:58 PM »

So, this first image shows the errors in the diagram that you posted. In the 3D model, the rear view mirror is too small and the impact is slightly off to the right:

In the following image I have corrected those two errors (in Photoshop - it'd be better if this was done in the 3D model) and presto, the impact point on the windscreen lines up with what we see in Altgens 6:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2024, 04:35:58 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2024, 02:40:06 AM »
So, this first image shows the errors in the diagram that you posted. In the 3D model, the rear view mirror is too small and the impact is slightly off to the right:

My circle is off a whooping 1/8". What a nitpick. As explained to you, the damage was located using the windshield as a guide. The width of the mirror is secondary.

The Garage Photo is difficult to match as it has zoom and very little perpendiculars and straights. The camera angle is depressed and the field-of-vision is unknown. In time, it could be worked out. Much easier to maintain some precision with a photo like the Altgens Photo.

In the following image I have corrected those two errors (in Photoshop - it'd be better if this was done in the 3D model) and presto, the impact point on the windscreen lines up with what we see in Altgens 6:

As I predicted, you have now created a new error. It is certainly better to leave the scale of the mirror alone as doing so preserves its match with the Altgens Photo. Personally, I can't see how your new version has the "Nebula" shape corresponding with the windshield damage disc.

So you have never done an original mapping of the damage area on the windshield to see if it corresponded to the "Nebula" shape in the Altgens Photo. You simply thought it did.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:50:21 AM by Jerry Organ »