Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?  (Read 7943 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2024, 09:27:33 PM »
Advertisement
Be warned, this is a typical propaganda conspiracy book with a fancy cover and a catchy title, intended to deceive and aimed at a misguided audience. There is real shame on the author for not only attempting to deceive through sinister intrigue, distortion of and ignoring the evidence, but also, in the process, defaming a former President of the United States. A new law should prevent the creation of such defamatory books designed to deceive and provide a false impression of history.
I'd be completely against any new laws; the existing ones on defamation are fine. Although some people have advocated re-visiting Sullivan's distinction between public and private individuals. I think Justice Thomas has supported that. Besides, LBJ is dead; you can't defame a dead person. I still believe that the answer to bad speech, to bad ideas is more speech. The truth doesn't always win out but the alternatives are worse.

At this point the assassination is simply an event that people use to express their grievances with the government or with some entity. For Roger Stone it's LBJ. It's why we see people with far right wing or far left wing views using it; they both think democracy has been stolen. And they've convinced themselves that the only reason these powerful groups killed JFK was because he was such a threat to them and their power. He was going to "end the Cold War", leave Vietnam, make nice with Castro, establish Camelot. And it was for this they had to strike him down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2024, 09:27:33 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2024, 02:29:22 PM »
I'd be completely against any new laws; the existing ones on defamation are fine. Although some people have advocated re-visiting Sullivan's distinction between public and private individuals. I think Justice Thomas has supported that. Besides, LBJ is dead; you can't defame a dead person. I still believe that the answer to bad speech, to bad ideas is more speech. The truth doesn't always win out but the alternatives are worse.

At this point the assassination is simply an event that people use to express their grievances with the government or with some entity. For Roger Stone it's LBJ. It's why we see people with far right wing or far left wing views using it; they both think democracy has been stolen. And they've convinced themselves that the only reason these powerful groups killed JFK was because he was such a threat to them and their power. He was going to "end the Cold War", leave Vietnam, make nice with Castro, establish Camelot. And it was for this they had to strike him down.

"Just because you're 'paranoid' doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you"

I'll grant that people who distrust major government institutions and the mainstream media are more likely to believe there was a conspiracy in JFK's assassination while people on the Left and Right who still defend and trust major institutions are less likely to believe in conspiracy in this case.

While those two things explain the level of confirmation bias on both sides, the bottom lines that we can't ignore without lying to people or being intellectually dishonest are:

- The forensic evidence is conflicting and inconclusive for the most part on the question of a single shooter vs multiple shooters.

- From the Dallas PD to the CIA, investigators lied, covered up important facts, and manipulated or destroyed evidence.

- LHO was killed while in police custody by a guy who was connected to both organized crime and the US intelligence community (Ruby was an FBI informant).

- 60 years later, the government refuses to declassify all the remaining files related to the JFK investigations or files related to a handful of suspected intelligence officers who have been dead for decades.

So it's totally reasonable given the above described circumstances for people to suspect that we don't know the complete truth about what happened leading up to 11/22/63.

Without accusing people of being "kooks" or "conspiracy theorists, we should be able to accept that the JFK assassination may never reach some sort of general consensus where everyone agrees on what happened due to the points I cited above...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 03:41:31 AM by Jon Banks »

Offline Gary Davis

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2024, 08:31:21 PM »
Having read books on both sides of the equation one pair has amazed me. Cover Up by J. Gary Shaw and the killing of a president by Robert Groden. The basic idea of both volumes is strikingly Similar even down to the basic structure of the books. Anyone else notice this?

Gary 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2024, 08:31:21 PM »

Offline Gary Davis

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2024, 02:20:40 PM »
One of the worst conspiracy volumes I've read has to be Killing Kennedy and the hoax of the century, by Harrison Edward Livingstone. According to Mr Livingstone everything is fake all the pictures, films, all of it. all the witness statements are altered all the physical evidence is either faked or altered by a massive government conspiracy.He even blasts many of his fellow critics calling then liars.

Not worth reading

Gary   

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2024, 06:45:07 PM »
One of the worst conspiracy volumes I've read has to be Killing Kennedy and the hoax of the century, by Harrison Edward Livingstone. According to Mr Livingstone everything is fake all the pictures, films, all of it. all the witness statements are altered all the physical evidence is either faked or altered by a massive government conspiracy.He even blasts many of his fellow critics calling then liars.

Not worth reading

Gary
From what I've read he believed people like Doug Horne and David Lifton are (or were) "intelligence operators."

A question for the big "C" conspiracy advocates, people like Livingstone at al.: Two weaknesses in the lone assassin theory are placing Oswald in that window at 12:30 and, second, showing a motive. If you believe in the big conspiracy involving all of these powerful groups wouldn't they have placed witnesses in Dealey Plaza claiming that they saw Oswald (or a person who looked like him) in the window at 12:30? Isn't that the claim in the Tippit shooting? That those witnesses were plants or coerced? So why not do this in Dealey Plaza? As to the second: wouldn't they have had witnesses, e.g., Marina, say they heard him say he detested JFK, that he viewed JFK as a fascist enemy of "The Revolution" and the Cuban people? At least manufacture documents/writings where he wrote this, et cetera. Many of these other writings implicating him - the Walker "note", the letter to the Soviet Embassy - are supposedly fake; so why not create anti-JFK material? It seems obvious, to me, that those two aspects - showing motive and evidence he was in the window - would have been what these conspirators would have done at the least.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 07:22:09 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2024, 06:45:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2024, 08:24:47 PM »
From what I've read he believed people like Doug Horne and David Lifton are (or were) "intelligence operators."

A question for the big "C" conspiracy advocates, people like Livingstone at al.: Two weaknesses in the lone assassin theory are placing Oswald in that window at 12:30 and, second, showing a motive. If you believe in the big conspiracy involving all of these powerful groups wouldn't they have placed witnesses in Dealey Plaza claiming that they saw Oswald (or a person who looked like him) in the window at 12:30? Isn't that the claim in the Tippit shooting? That those witnesses were plants or coerced? So why not do this in Dealey Plaza? As to the second: wouldn't they have had witnesses, e.g., Marina, say they heard him say he detested JFK, that he viewed JFK as a fascist enemy of "The Revolution" and the Cuban people? At least manufacture documents/writings where he wrote this, et cetera. Many of these other writings implicating him - the Walker "note", the letter to the Soviet Embassy - are supposedly fake; so why not create anti-JFK material? It seems obvious, to me, that those two aspects - showing motive and evidence he was in the window - would have been what these conspirators would have done at the least.

If you believe in the big conspiracy involving all of these powerful groups wouldn't they have placed witnesses in Dealey Plaza claiming that they saw Oswald (or a person who looked like him) in the window at 12:30?

Perhaps, but then again, what if there were really two conspiracies; a relatively small one for the assassination of Kennedy and setting up Oswald as the patsy and another, after the fact, one to wrap the case around Oswald instead of conducting a detailed investigation that might lead to other possibilities?

Isn't that the claim in the Tippit shooting? That those witnesses were plants or coerced?

I have actually never heard that claim, nor do I believe it is true. What I do question is the way witnesses were selected for the DPD line up and how the line ups were conducted. Having been a witness to a robbery that happened right in front of me, I know first hand just how difficult it is to identify somebody you've only seen for a few seconds in the midst of chaos. And then there is the fact that some people are easily influenced and persuaded to confirm something that in reality they did not see. I would be seriously out of pocket if I had to pay $1 to every witness who, under cross examination, had to admit that their identification of a suspect wasn't as secure as they thought it was.

At least manufacture documents/writings where he wrote this, et cetera. Many of these other writings implicating him - the Walker "note", the letter to the Soviet Embassy - are supposedly fake; so why not create anti-JFK material?

For lack of sufficient knowledge we really do not know for sure how much value can be placed on the opinions of so-called questioned documents experts in this case. Many years ago, I was involved in a court case where the opposing party claimed that signatures on mulitiple contracts and documents had been falsified. The claims were ultimately debunked by the expert, who requested the court to compell the opposing party to provide handwriting samples, to be written in front of (and authenticated by) the judge, for comparison. He rejected documents already provided by the opposing party's lawyers because the authenticity of those documents could not be sufficiently verified.

One of the biggest problems in this case is that fact that all comparisons of handwriting and/or prints were done using "existing" documents of which the authenticity can and should be questioned.

It seems obvious, to me, that those two aspects - showing motive and evidence he was in the window - would have been what these conspirators would have done at the least.

You seem to be overthinking this thing and are forgetting one thing. What would happen if they placed witnesses in Dealey Plaza claiming that they saw Oswald in the window, when Oswald himself could conclusively show he was somewhere else? The simple answer would be that they would have to conclude that the witnesses were wrong, right? But, wouldn't that also mean that they could never argue again that Oswald was in fact the man who shot Kennedy?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:15:03 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Matthew Finch

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2024, 12:38:26 PM »
Judith Baker: Me and Lee. Pretty sure 99% of the entire text is fabrication.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2024, 12:38:26 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2024, 09:26:09 PM »
The 2003 Beyond Conspiracy Documentary which was supposed going convince the public there was no conspiracy. They made many glaring errors ( or was it intentional)  such as using a parallel staircase instead of right angle stair with 20 ft landing distance, so they could claim Oswald could make it easily to the 2nd floor lunchroom by 60 sec post shots.

I can forgive errors because we all make them but HOW could they claim to be objective when they BS us like that ?

I think it was not long after that documentary that I concluded the MSM is hand and glove with the MIC and the shadow government that’s now manifested itself as the WEC ( formerly the Bilderberg group).