Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Alan J. Ford

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 217713 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #840 on: January 14, 2021, 11:05:50 PM »
Advertisement
4. Mr Oswald----seconds later----has an exchange by the front door with Officer Baker (before Mr Truly comes up)----Officer Baker is asking him "Do you work here?" because he needs someone to point him to the nearest stairs

I hope you will see that this idea isn't probable.....  Because.... Baker didn't need anybody to direct guide him through the building as he approached the front steps.  He probably expected to find an elevator just inside the door ( which in fact there was ) But he wouldn't have asked for a guide or directions BEFORE he entered the building.

Incorrect!

"As I entered the door I saw several people standing around. I asked these people where the stairs were." (Officer Baker, affidavit 11/22)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #840 on: January 14, 2021, 11:05:50 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #841 on: January 14, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
On 11/23 Chief Jesse Curry told reporters that an officer had spotted Mr Oswald in the lunchroom

Do you have a video of Curry's press briefing ?

No------he's quoted in the NYT.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #842 on: January 14, 2021, 11:27:14 PM »

The lunchroom story was concocted at some point late 11/22 in order to get Mr Oswald away from that front entrance----------and to explain away the man encountered walking away from the stairway halfway up the building.

"The lunchroom story was concocted at some point late 11/22..."

What evidence do you have for this assertion?
(Obviously you have none, you never do)
At least have a guess at who concocted this hoax.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #842 on: January 14, 2021, 11:27:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #843 on: January 15, 2021, 12:10:51 AM »
Incorrect!

"As I entered the door I saw several people standing around. I asked these people where the stairs were." (Officer Baker, affidavit 11/22)

"As I entered the door"      .... This statement indicates that Baker was INSIDE the building.....There was a large sign with an arrow that pointed to the stairs .....Baker would not have needed to ask "Where's the stairs" or any question like that.

Mr Oswald----seconds later----has an exchange by the front door with Officer Baker (before Mr Truly comes up)----Officer Baker is asking him "Do you work here?" because he needs someone to point him to the nearest stairs

Baker reportedly said ......"I saw several people standing around". If there were "several people standing around why didn't any of them say that they heard Baker ask Lee Oswald any questions....And certainly someone would have reported that they heard Baker asking them for directions.  Do you suppose that Lee Oswald wasn't there and This is nothing but a figment of your imagination.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2021, 12:16:46 AM »
"As I entered the door"      .... This statement indicates that Baker was INSIDE the building.....

Nope, that would be "After I had entered the door"

If there were "several people standing around why didn't any of them say that they heard Baker ask Lee Oswald any questions....And certainly someone would have reported that they heard Baker asking them for directions.  Do you suppose that Lee Oswald wasn't there and This is nothing but a figment of your imagination.

Lol, so the contents of Officer Baker's affidavit-------seeing people standing around, asking where the stairs are---------are now a figment of my imagination?

Question for you, Mr Cakebread: how many people, some 30 seconds after the last shot, do you think were "standing around" in the lobby? Can you name a single one?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2021, 12:16:46 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #845 on: January 15, 2021, 01:32:33 AM »
Very worth noting!  Thumb1:

But by the same token-----------

If while giving the affidavit Officer Baker sees a man being brought in in handcuffs, and remembers having encountered this heavily guarded suspect at a lunchroom on the second floor shortly after the assassination, why on earth does his affidavit not make mention of this very significant fact?

From Officer Baker's WC testimony:

Mr. BAKER - As I was in the homicide office there writing this, giving this affidavit, I got hung in one of those little small offices back there, while the Secret Service took Mr. Oswald in there and questioned him and I couldn't get out by him while they were questioning him, and I did get to see him at that time.

Picture the scene, friends: Officer Baker is giving his affidavit. He has one memorable encounter he really needs to tell: the man walking away from the rear stairway on "the third or fourth floor". Why does he need to tell this? Why, because he now----in retrospect----must wonder might this man have been a fleeing assassin after all. The fact that he describes the man's physical appearance at the end of his affidavit proves that he now worries that this was no ordinary innocent employee.

But! As he is giving the affidavit, a man is brought in-----in handcuffs and heavily guarded.

What happens next?

Scenario A: Officer Baker recognizes the man as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, and------with all the time he has to note this crucial fact------seals the deal by getting this noted in the affidavit he is in the process of giving.

Scenario B: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he checked out in a lunchroom on the second floor. He says to the person taking his affidavit, "This guy's the suspect? Damn, we need to start over."

Scenario C: Officer Baker does not recognize the man from Adam and finishes giving his affidavit, whose central character remains the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor,.

Scenario D: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he encountered fleetingly at the front entrance as he was running into the building. He tells this to the person taking his affidavit, and this encounter is duly mentioned in the (continued or fresh) affidavit.

Scenario E: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he encountered fleetingly at the front entrance as he was running into the building. He tells this to the person taking his affidavit, and this encounter is NOT mentioned in the (continued or fresh) affidavit.

Which of the above scenarios is consistent with the affidavit as we have it, and which not?

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:40:52 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:03 AM »
From Officer Baker's WC testimony:

Mr. BAKER - As I was in the homicide office there writing this, giving this affidavit, I got hung in one of those little small offices back there, while the Secret Service took Mr. Oswald in there and questioned him and I couldn't get out by him while they were questioning him, and I did get to see him at that time.

Picture the scene, friends: Officer Baker is giving his affidavit. He has one memorable encounter he really needs to tell: the man walking away from the rear stairway on "the third or fourth floor". Why does he need to tell this? Why, because he now----in retrospect----must wonder might this man have been a fleeing assassin after all. The fact that he describes the man's physical appearance at the end of his affidavit proves that he now worries that this was no ordinary innocent employee.

But! As he is giving the affidavit, a man is brought in-----in handcuffs and heavily guarded.

What happens next?

Scenario A: Officer Baker recognizes the man as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, and------with all the time he has to note this crucial fact------seals the deal by getting this noted in the affidavit he is in the process of giving.

Scenario B: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he checked out in a lunchroom on the second floor. He says to the person taking his affidavit, "This guy's the suspect? Damn, we need to start over."

Scenario C: Officer Baker does not recognize the man from Adam and finishes giving his affidavit, whose central character remains the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor,.

Scenario D: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he encountered fleetingly at the front entrance as he was running into the building. He tells this to the person taking his affidavit, and this encounter is duly mentioned in the (continued or fresh) affidavit.

Scenario E: Officer Baker recognizes the man, not as the man he caught walking away from the stairway on the third or fourth floor, but as a man he encountered fleetingly at the front entrance as he was running into the building. He tells this to the person taking his affidavit, and this encounter is NOT mentioned in the (continued or fresh) affidavit.

Which of the above scenarios is consistent with the affidavit as we have it, and which not?

Thumb1:

Read his affidavit...... Does his description of the man fit Lee Oswald?     Does the site of the encounter fit the second floor lunchroom?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:03 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #847 on: January 15, 2021, 03:32:27 AM »
Nope, that would be "After I had entered the door"

Lol, so the contents of Officer Baker's affidavit-------seeing people standing around, asking where the stairs are---------are now a figment of my imagination?

Question for you, Mr Cakebread: how many people, some 30 seconds after the last shot, do you think were "standing around" in the lobby? Can you name a single one?

"After I had entered the door"

I doubt that you believe that Baker "entered the door"   ( Like casper the ghost, .....Went right into the wood of the door)   Any rational person would understand that Baker meant to say.... as I entered the building through the door......