Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 100075 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Advertisement
Your Ferrell link re bag length has revealed a few details of which I was heretofore unaware. Namely that Buell saw only a 9"X1" section of the bag as viewed from behind, apparently in Oswald's armpit.I have been looking for information that would confirm that Buell, at any time, saw Oswald with the package fully revealed from a full-frontal perspective. Additionally, no one has been able to confirm that Oswald's free arm was in full view as he walked ahead of Buell. I have experimented with a 35" long-heavy object that can be supported by the left hand, and by drawing it across the chest, (while still supported in the palm in the other hand) can, arguably) be carried out of the view of a trailing, distracted trainspotter. (The Ferrell link informs that Buell estimated Oswald was no closer than 12' feet to him on the walk towards the TSBD that day) In addition, I'm 6'-6'1" and can only get 22-23" jammed into my armpit and held in my palm. A 5'9" man would have to be a real knuckle-dragger to get a 27-incher to fit.
Finally, do you know how much the curtain rods weighed?
Well congratulations. You just made an excellent case for a package that actually never existed.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

I'll tell you why I am less impressed about the brother/sister package length assertions than I once was.
They were motivated to agree before their 302s were taken to discuss and synch their stated approximations of the length.

LInnie Frazier Randall estimates package length to FBI on 01 Dec., 1963:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1140&search=linnie_and+package#relPageId=426&tab=page

Possibly they had a day's advantage to satisfy themselves (a reliable assumption, or not) there was no reporting of other witnesses claiming to have observed any similar paper sack while in transit. Frazier had been subjected to harsh interrogation including psychological manipulation. Police searched their home and
confiscated his rifle, of US manufacture.

Frazier and his sister had no incentive to admit observing Frazier transporting Oswald and a paper sack actually a foot longer to the TSBD and Oswald infamy.
They were country people from Huntsville, Frazier only months before. Is it unreasonable to contemplate they were suddenly deer in the headlights, their 27" assertions a leap away from the headlights's beam and of the path of the course they illuminated?

Up to very recently, I believed that Mr Oswald probably was tricked into bringing a rifle into work that morning, and that Mr Frazier and Ms Randle's size estimate was a get-out-of-jail (-and-electric chair) manoeuvre.

However! The realisation in recent days that 2 curtain rods were submitted for fingerprinting for Mr Oswald's prints on 15 March 1964, and that Agent Howlett and Mr Jenner put on an elaborate sham eight days later when 'finding' 2 curtain rods in the Paine garage, has greatly strengthened the grounds for believing Mr Frazier and Ms Randle. Their size estimate looks to have been out by less than an inch! Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

Your Ferrell link re bag length has revealed a few details of which I was heretofore unaware. Namely that Buell saw only a 9"X1" section of the bag as viewed from behind while in Oswald's palm/armpit.

I have been looking for information that would confirm that Buell, at any time, saw Oswald with the package fully revealed to Buell in a full-frontal perspective. Additionally, no one has been able to confirm that Oswald's free arm was in full view as he walked ahead of Buell.

I have experimented with a 35" long-heavy object that can be supported by the left hand, and by drawing it across the chest, (while still supported in the palm in the other hand) can, arguably) be carried out of the view of a trailing, distracted trainspotter.

(The Ferrell link informs that Buell estimated Oswald was no closer than 12' feet to him on the walk towards the TSBD that day)

In addition, I'm 6'-6'1" and can only get 22-23" jammed into my armpit and held in my palm. A 5'9" man would have to be a real knuckle-dragger to get a 27-incher to fit.

Finally, do you know how much the curtain rods weighed?

Nice try!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

With the "March 15 entry being in error" scenario the rods were submitted at 9:45 pm on March 23 and then released at 7:50 the next morning.

:D

It's not just a "March 15 entry being in error" scenario, it's a "March 15 entry being in error; 9.45 am entry being in error; Lieutenant Day being a moron; Agent Howlett not noticing that Lieutenant Day was a moron; Agent Howlett being a moron for thinking a test for Oswald's prints would prove anything remotely pertinent to the case" scenario!

In short----a wild and rather desperate speculation in defence of your beloved "Oswald being a Lone Nut Presidential assassin" scenario!  Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

When asked why Oswald denied anything to do with curtain rods during his interrogations and interviews, Ford dismisses those who reported the denial as being liars.

Can you kindly quote me to this effect, Mr Nickerson? Thank you!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Oswald said he carried fruit in a bag. Should the authorities have processed all the fruit in the Paine kitchen for Oswald"s prints? And if they did find an orange with the pinko's pinky print on it, what would that prove?

Tell us what your reaction would be if the curtain rods had never been checked for Oswald's prints.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:53:31 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Alan Ford

Friends, there is obviously some documentation missing from this discussion:

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Tell us what your reaction would be if the curtain rods had never been checked for Oswald's prints.

No different to our reaction to the fact that the apples in the Paine kitchen were never checked for Oswald's prints
-------------i.e. complete indifference! 

Because we understand the purpose of crime-lab fingerprinting in a criminal case. Don't you, Mr Chapman?  ???