Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29287 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »
Advertisement
The recollection of A C Johnson
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm
The whole idea was to present Oswald in the most seeming and nefarious way possible.
No one did it better than counsel for the prosecution... David Belin. Here are some excerpts from that hearing....
Mr. BELIN. Now, sometime last fall, a person came to your house to rent a room who you knew by the name of O. H. Lee. Is that correct?.... Mr. BELIN. There were already curtain rods in the room, then, when this O.H. Lee came there is that correct? ....Mr. BELIN. All right. In any case, this man, O. H. Lee, came to rent a room from you or from your wife?...Mr. BELIN. Could you describe how you came to find out that this man had another name other than O. H. Lee?   
I think David Belin and Vincent Bugliosi must have been separated at birth. Seems like they had the same arrogant manner.   
During his testimony, A C Johnson provided some interesting information.
Who all knew that his housekeeper --Mrs Roberts had ducked out on them without notice one night? Johnson  couldn't remember what particular night though. He said she left 3 or 4 weeks before this testimony.
A C stated that he had heard that JFK had died before he got home that day. The announcement came right at 1:00 PM Dallas time. A C testified that he had come home to the 1026 Beckley house just afterwards. The police had arrived between 1:30 and 2:00 looking for Oswald...Lee Harvey Oswald.
I believe it is singular that the police are looking for LHO when they couldn't have possibly known that he had done anything criminal.
Mr. BELIN. And did you hear this on the radio?
Mr. JOHNSON. No. Uh--we have a friend that is a policeman, works for Cotton Belt Railroad. And he called us--called up here and told us. Of course, we had heard all the sirens and everything, you know, going, and we couldn't imagine what it was. And Nicholson called us and told us that he had heard it over the radio.
Mr. BELIN. He had heard over the radio that the President had been shot?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And then, did you turn on your radio?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes. We don't have one there in the place, so we went out in the car and sat there in the car and listened.
Mr. BELIN. All right. And was it while you were sitting in the car that you heard that the President had died?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes; we didn't leave until we--it was announced that he was dead.
Mr. BELIN. How soon after that announcement did you leave?
Mr. JOHNSON. I'd say 5 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. All right. Then, how long did it take you to get to 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. It takes us about 5 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. So that about 10 minutes after you heard on the radio that the President had been shot, you arrived with your wife at 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.
Mr. BELIN. Did you see anyone? Was Mrs. Roberts there?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes; she was there at the television.
Mr. BELIN. She was watching television?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. Had this man, O. H. Lee, was he there when you got there?
Mr. JOHNSON. No; he had been there--just--uh--before we got home.
Mr. BELIN. Did Mrs. Roberts tell you that he had?
Mr. JOHNSON. She told us that he come in and got a--uh--little coat or something and just walked in his room and right back out the door.
   That statement was glossed over and smoothed away saying that this conversation occurred AFTER the cops came. BTW how considerate of this policeman/railroad worker friend to take time out from the all the chaos that was ensuing to call the Johnsons and re-report the news that he heard on the radio. Belin failed to specify the difference there between shot- and dead. The president was SHOT at 12:30 and he was pronounced DEAD at 1:00.
Why did the cops come to 1026 Beckley?
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?
Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh--after he was--uh--apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket [that just couldn't be]
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.
Mr. BELIN. All right. What happened when the officers got there? They asked if Lee Harvey Oswald lived there?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. How long had you been at the house when the officers arrived?
Mr. JOHNSON. Oh, probably 30 minutes.
The timeline as testified by A C Johnson seems totally out of kilter.
So for some reason, Oswald had the Beckley address on him...Why? And it was found when he was somehow searched by the police before [according to the clock] he was even arrested.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
The recollection of A C Johnson
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm
The whole idea was to present Oswald in the most seeming and nefarious way possible.
No one did it better than counsel for the prosecution... David Belin. Here are some excerpts from that hearing.... I think David Belin and Vincent Bugliosi must have been separated at birth. Seems like they had the same arrogant manner.   
During his testimony, A C Johnson provided some interesting information.
Who all knew that his housekeeper --Mrs Roberts had ducked out on them without notice one night? Johnson  couldn't remember what particular night though. He said she left 3 or 4 weeks before this testimony.
A C stated that he had heard that JFK had died before he got home that day. The announcement came right at 1:00 PM Dallas time. A C testified that he had come home to the 1026 Beckley house just afterwards. The police had arrived between 1:30 and 2:00 looking for Oswald...Lee Harvey Oswald.
I believe it is singular that the police are looking for LHO when they couldn't have possibly known that he had done anything criminal.    That statement was glossed over and smoothed away saying that this conversation occurred AFTER the cops came. BTW how considerate of this policeman/railroad worker friend to take time out from the all the chaos that was ensuing to call the Johnsons and re-report the news that he heard on the radio. Belin failed to specify the difference there between shot- and dead. The president was SHOT at 12:30 and he was pronounced DEAD at 1:00.
Why did the cops come to 1026 Beckley? The timeline as testified by A C Johnson seems totally out of kilter.
So for some reason, Oswald had the Beckley address on him...Why? And it was found when he was somehow searched by the police before [according to the clock] he was even arrested.

Jerry You are confused by the fact that JFJ was pronounced dead at 1:00pm ( officially for the record) but his death wan't announced to the public until 1:30.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
Jerry You are confused by the fact that JFJ was pronounced dead at 1:00pm ( officially for the record) but his death wan't announced to the public until 1:30.
Actually, it was 1:38 CT that Cronkite issued the bulletin on TV. I can't say about radio. But read the statement where Johnson said it was a little after 1:00 that he returned home having heard about JFK was dead. Therein is the confusion.
He had 4 months to prepare his testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 10:33:45 PM »
Were they all 'mistaken'?......Mr & Mrs Johnson as well as Earlene Roberts testified that the cops showed up at around 1:30 that day. Why? Apparently on a tip that Oswald would be their man and that is where he lived. In their zeal, the DPD sucked it all down---- hook, line and sinker.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
I think LHO was at Beckley for 5 weeks prior to the assassination.  Seems like enough time for at least one person out of over a dozen to have something to say about him.

John Carter lived at the N. Beckley rooming house during the time Oswald stayed there. See CE-2883 FBI Report dated 12/23 of the interview taken 12/19
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=375&tab=page

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 12:15:19 PM »
I haven't ever seen a word....or who they were. I do remember hearing about one individual but nothing in the Warren Report that I recall.
Walt mentions the Marsalis room and Mary Bledsoe. The Commission really found a doozy there.
  The above is an excerpt from Whitewash by Harold Weisberg continue reading here.....
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/W%20Disk/Witnesses/Item%2019.pdfhttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm
If one can make it through Mary Bledsoe's transcript they would conclude that it was Helen Markham in another body. They both spoke like they were in an opium trance. I pity the court reporter that had to go through all that.

I haven't ever seen a word....or who they were. I do remember hearing about one individual but nothing in the Warren Report that I recall.

See WR page 363

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
Walt mentions the Marsalis room and Mary Bledsoe.

The point I was trying to make is that "someone" was registered at Mary Bledsoe's rooming house as Lee Oswald....at the same time that Mrs Roberts was renting a room to OH Lee. 

Your point about Mrs Bledsoe saying that she would prefer to call Lee Oswald "Lee " is interesting....because Lee Oswald told Fritz that his goofy landlady was confused and got his name wrong.   We've been led to believe that Lee was referring to Mrs Roberts who thought he was Mr Lee....   And perhaps she did...but isn't it strange that it was Mary Bledsoe who wanted to call him "Lee"...   Or, Since O.H. Lee had rented a room and was registered at 1026 N Beckley at the same time that Lee was renting a room at Bledsoe's.... there's a distinct possibility that there were two men involved.....

The point I was trying to make is that "someone" was registered at Mary Bledsoe's rooming house as Lee Oswald....at the same time that Mrs Roberts was renting a room to OH Lee.

There's absolutely zero evidence that Oswald was renting at Mrs. Bledsoe's rooming house at the same time he was renting at the N. Beckley rooming house. The evidence has Oswald renting from Mrs. Bledsoe from Oct 7 through 11 when Oswald was kicked out of the rooming house for being the typical jerk that he was. Oswald stayed at Mrs. Paine's house that weekend and rented from Mrs. Roberts on Oct 11 under the alias of O. H. Lee. Oswald confided to Marina that he was using an alias because he didn't want the FBI to know where he lived and that is confirmed by the fact that in his application for the TSBD job he listed the Paine's address as his home address. It wasn't until Oswald was under interrogation that Fritz found out that he lived at the Beckley address and that was at 2:25 PM. Fritz then sends Lt. Cunningham and Detectives Senkel and Potts to the N. Beckley rooming house to search rhe place. it was not until 2:58PM that the search party arrives at the N. Beckley rooming house where they are met by Mrs. Roberts and Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. The trio are then asked by the search party if a Lee Harvey Oswald or an A. J. Hidell are registered there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »

There's absolutely zero evidence that Oswald was renting at Mrs. Bledsoe's rooming house at the same time he was renting at the N. Beckley rooming house. The evidence has Oswald renting from Mrs. Bledsoe from Oct 7 through 11 when Oswald was kicked out of the rooming house for being the typical jerk that he was. Oswald stayed at Mrs. Paine's house that weekend and rented from Mrs. Roberts on Oct 11 under the alias of O. H. Lee. Oswald confided to Marina that he was using an alias because he didn't want the FBI to know where he lived and that is confirmed by the fact that in his application for the TSBD job he listed the Paine's address as his home address. It wasn't until Oswald was under interrogation that Fritz found out that he lived at the Beckley address and that was at 2:25 PM. Fritz then sends Lt. Cunningham and Detectives Senkel and Potts to the N. Beckley rooming house to search rhe place. it was not until 2:58PM that the search party arrives at the N. Beckley rooming house where they are met by Mrs. Roberts and Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. The trio are then asked by the search party if a Lee Harvey Oswald or an A. J. Hidell are registered there.

Oswald was kicked out of the rooming house for being the typical jerk that he was.

Mrs Bledsoe said that she asked the tenant to vacate after she heard him talking on the phone in a foreign language. 

Could it be that Lee was talking to his wife Marina . who didn't speak English?   Rather innocuous wouldn't you say?  But Mrs Bledsoe couldn't eavesdrop and listen to the conversation and that made her angry....