Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29259 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »
Advertisement
Quote from: Oscar Navarro on Today at 12:05:00 AM

That Oswald registered at N. Beckley under O. H. Lee is "solid evidence".
What makes it 'solid evidence'? When you actually register, you sign a book that asks your name. And you register your name along with the list of other renters. Some registers might want more information [business..what city you are from..etc]   I mean we're not talking about the Statler Hilton here..this was just an $8 a week flophouse right? Gladys Johnson was the owner.

Mr. BALL. Then you rented out rooms?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; I rent out bedrooms, don't give board, just bedroom and living room privileges.
    Mr. BALL.  How many tenants did you have in October last year?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. You know, I'm sorry I didn't bring my register. I couldn't tell you exactly; I imagine I had about 10 or 12.
    Mr. BALL. Was it full?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. No; I don't--I most always have vacancies.
    Mr. BALL. You do?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. I have had more even since this happened.
    Mr. BALL. Oh, you have?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; I have; people are funny about things like that, you know----
    Mr. BALL. Well, now, you knew Lee Oswald, didn't you?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. Well, I just knew him when I seen him. I knew him as a renter, that's all.
    Mr. BALL. Where was he when you first met him, at what place?
    Mrs. JOHNSON. At my home.......
Mrs Johnson mentioned nothing about an O H Lee.****
Mrs Johnson 'didn't bring the register'? If that was evidence and I think it should have been...to verify Oscars claim at least -so how does Oscar know for sure that Oswald registered as O H Lee?
 Mrs Johnson did bring this receipt paper. Joe Ball was happy with that and entered it in the record as JohnsonGladys Exibit A......and just called it the "Rooming House Register" H-XX
 Apparently, what Mrs Johnson forgot to bring along [what she called the register] just wasn't important after all.
 Well I've looked around for that register as an exhibit ...it looks like I need some help. Mytton.. Chapman.. Howsley.. Smith ..Organ where are you guys? I want to see the name of OH Lee written in a real register along with the names of the other renters or else it is not official that Oswald registered as OH Lee and is therefore not evidence.
This is what Joe Ball entered in. It doesn't look much like a weekly tabulated receipt book at all. It looks fake. It looks like it was the weeks that Oswald stayed there all filled out at once and somebody just wrote OH Lee on it [5 letters that couldn't be all that hard to forge]  And just what in hell made this scrap of paper all that top secret ???

Earlene Roberts the housekeeper did testify that Oswald registered as O H Lee. In fact she repeated it about 10 times ...
    Mr. BALL. Why to your sorrows?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, he was registered as O. H. Lee and I come to find out he was Oswald and I wish I had never known it.--------------------------------------
    Mr. BALL. Had you ever heard of the man before?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. No, and he didn't register as Oswald---he registered as O. H. Lee.
    Mr. BALL. Did he sign his name?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. O. H. Lee.
    Mr. BALL. Did he sign his own name that way ?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. O. H. Lee---that's what he was registered as.
    Mr. BALL. And you didn't have that name you didn't ever know his name was Lee Oswald?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he registered as O. H. Lee and they were asking for Harvey Lee Oswald.
    Mr. BALL. Then what happened after that?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. they flashed him on television, is how come us to know. Yes, that's him-that's O. H. Lee
    Mr. BALL. That was the first you knew who it was?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, because he was registered as O. H. Lee.
    Mr. BALL. And you had, of course, thought his name was what?
    Mrs. ROBERTS. O. H. Lee   

Earlene Roberts was an elderly lady with admitted hearing difficulty. It is possible she became confused. She 'thought' his name was O H Lee.
If someone repeats something often enough it becomes truth [whether it is or not]
That solid evidence just might have vaporized right there.
Mrs Johnson said that renters started leaving soon after Oswald did. I wonder why? Who were they?
 ****CORRECTION--- I meant to express that Mrs Johnson did not mention the name O H Lee in that particular statement. However as usual..the WR defenders will find any wart, booger, or dingleberry to pick at. When they error...it is of course, entirely excusable.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:51:24 PM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:50:20 AM »
What makes it 'solid evidence'? When you actually register, you sign a book that asks your name. And you register your name along with the list of other renters. Some registers might want more information [business..what city you are from..etc]   I mean we're not talking about the Statler Hilton here..this was just an $8 a week flophouse right? Gladys Johnson was the owner.
 Mrs Johnson mentioned nothing about an O H Lee.
Mrs Johnson 'didn't bring the register'? If that was evidence and I think it should have been...to verify Oscars claim at least -so how does Oscar know for sure that Oswald registered as O H Lee?
 Mrs Johnson did bring this receipt paper. Joe Ball was happy with that and entered it in the record as JohnsonGladys Exibit A......and just called it the "Rooming House Register" H-XX
 Apparently, what Mrs Johnson forgot to bring along [what she called the register] just wasn't important after all.
 Well I've looked around for that register as an exhibit ...it looks like I need some help. Mytton.. Chapman.. Howsley.. Smith ..Organ where are you guys? I want to see the name of OH Lee written in a real register along with the names of the other renters or else it is not official that Oswald registered as OH Lee and is therefore not evidence.
This is what Joe Ball entered in. It doesn't look much like a weekly tabulated receipt book at all. It looks fake. It looks like it was the weeks that Oswald stayed there all filled out at once and somebody just wrote OH Lee on it [5 letters that couldn't be all that hard to forge]  And just what in hell made this scrap of paper all that top secret ???

Earlene Roberts the housekeeper did testify that Oswald registered as O H Lee. In fact she repeated it about 10 times ...
 Earlene Roberts was an elderly lady with admitted hearing difficulty. It is possible she became confused. She 'thought' his name was O H Lee.
If someone repeats something often enough it becomes truth [whether it is or not]
Mrs Johnson said that renters started leaving soon after Oswald did. I wonder why? Who were they?

"Mytton.. Chapman.. Howsley.. Smith ..Organ"
>>> ME? LOL. Thanks, but I'm only the waterboy amongst those fine, learned gentlemen

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
 Mrs Johnson mentioned nothing about an O H Lee.

And just what in hell made this scrap of paper all that top secret

Could it be that this "register"  reveals that "OH Lee" was registered, and had paid for a room,  at the rooming house at 1026, North Beckley during the same period that Lee Oswald was living in Mrs Bledsoe's rooming house  ??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »
Once when I was playing tourist I took the tour of the Beckley house.  If you are ever in Dallas I highly suggest you do so.  The tour guide who knew quite a bit about the assassination said there were 16 renters living there at that time.  I was amazed.

Is there any testimony from any of the other 15 about Oswald?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:44:57 PM »
Once when I was playing tourist I took the tour of the Beckley house.  If you are ever in Dallas I highly suggest you do so.  The tour guide who knew quite a bit about the assassination said there were 16 renters living there at that time.  I was amazed.

Mr Earl, Perhaps you can remember....   As I recall Lee Oswald was a resident at 1026 N. Beckley for about three weeks .  I believe he was living at Mrs Bledsoe's rooming house for a couple of weeks in October......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:44:57 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 06:56:21 PM »
I haven't ever seen a word....or who they were. I do remember hearing about one individual but nothing in the Warren Report that I recall.
Walt mentions the Marsalis room and Mary Bledsoe. The Commission really found a doozy there.

[Mary] Bledsoe was divorced in 1925 and has lived for 24 years in a home
from Which she rents rooms, 621 N. Marsalis. She rented a room to Lee Oswald.
[Not particularly an alias]
who at the time showed her a picture of his wife and child.
She said she had just started renting rooms in September and kept
her records on a calendar, that Oswald rented a room on the 4th, and
then changed this to the 7th, but it turns out that "October of 1963
has been torn out."
(p.401) to show the kind of interest the Commission had in
Mrs. Bledsoe and the kind of person and witness she was. This is more
space than was devoted to some of the witnesses for their entire testimony
 Mrs. Bledsoe's testimony, if you'll excuse the expression, takes up 27 pages,
The above is an excerpt from Whitewash by Harold Weisberg continue reading here.....
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/W%20Disk/Witnesses/Item%2019.pdf
Mr. BALL - Now, you have a calendar here?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - That is my calendar.
Mr. BALL - That is the calendar for December 1963, and I notice it has dates and names and dates. Is that the way you keep books on your rooms?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes; but I don't now. I did then, because I just had started. The first one I got was in September.
Mr. BALL - September of 1963?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh.
Mr. BALL - He put his name on the calendar?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, got it in September. He got it, my son sold it for $5, and I didn't even know that he tore that out.
Mr. BALL - Now, let me see here in this calendar. It runs from January 1963, to December of 1963, but October of 1963, has been torn out?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh. And he said his name was Lee Oswald was what his name was, and I said, "Well, I can't think of that name Oswald, I will call you Lee."
So, he put it down on the 4th. Just rented for a week, you see, the 7th.
Mr. BALL - You said the 4th?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - On the 7th.
Mr. BALL - On the 7th of October? That is the first day you ever saw him?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Ever saw him.
Mr. BALL - On the 7th of October you rented the room to him, didn't you?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm
If one can make it through Mary Bledsoe's transcript they would conclude that it was Helen Markham in another body. They both spoke like they were in an opium trance. I pity the court reporter that had to go through all that.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »
I haven't ever seen a word....or who they were. I do remember hearing about one individual but nothing in the Warren Report that I recall.
Walt mentions the Marsalis room and Mary Bledsoe. The Commission really found a doozy there.
  The above is an excerpt from Whitewash by Harold Weisberg continue reading here.....
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/W%20Disk/Witnesses/Item%2019.pdfhttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm
If one can make it through Mary Bledsoe's transcript they would conclude that it was Helen Markham in another body. They both spoke like they were in an opium trance. I pity the court reporter that had to go through all that.

Walt mentions the Marsalis room and Mary Bledsoe.

The point I was trying to make is that "someone" was registered at Mary Bledsoe's rooming house as Lee Oswald....at the same time that Mrs Roberts was renting a room to OH Lee. 

Your point about Mrs Bledsoe saying that she would prefer to call Lee Oswald "Lee " is interesting....because Lee Oswald told Fritz that his goofy landlady was confused and got his name wrong.   We've been led to believe that Lee was referring to Mrs Roberts who thought he was Mr Lee....   And perhaps she did...but isn't it strange that it was Mary Bledsoe who wanted to call him "Lee"...   Or, Since O.H. Lee had rented a room and was registered at 1026 N Beckley at the same time that Lee was renting a room at Bledsoe's.... there's a distinct possibility that there were two men involved.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry..... ::)

Mr. BALL. Did he tell you what his name was?
Mrs. JOHNSON. O.H. L-e-e [spelling].
Mr. BALL. Did he sign anything with that name?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; I have it in my purse.
Mr. BALL. May I see it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I will be glad to--I don't want you to keep it. I want you to--I brought it for your information. I knew you was going to ask that.
Mr. BALL. Now, is this in his handwriting?
Mrs. JOHNSON. This "O. H. Lee" is in his handwriting and this other is in the housekeeper's handwriting--Mrs. Roberts.
Mr. BALL. And these are the rates you gave him?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. I would like this marked as an exhibit to this deposition, mark this Exhibit A. ????.

Mr. BALL. We will make a copy of this and give the original back to you and we will mark this "A." Did he sign that "O. H. Lee" in your presence?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes sir.
Mr. BALL. On that day?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; the day he rented the room, they sign the register--they sign the register before I accept any money.

Mr. BALL. I'm talking about this "O. H. Lee" signature on this document; he signed that on that date?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did he give you the money?
Mr. BALL. $8?
Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest. So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2, something like that, anyway, it was after this assassination, and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character and I told them I didn't think I had anyone by that name there but we went through the register carefully two or three times and there was no Oswald there and I had two new tenants, rather new tenants, so we had carried them around the house to show them and we was going to start in the new tenants' rooms and my husband was sitting in the living room and seen this picture flash on the television and he said, "Please go around that house and tell him it was this guy that lived in this room here"; and it was O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. That is the first time you learned his name was Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You knew him as O. H. Lee?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; I knew him as O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. The first time you knew the man to be Lee Harvey Oswald that you had known as O. H. Lee?
Mrs. JOHNSON. That's right...??

Direct solid evidence that Oswald rented the room under an assumed name, an alias, O. H. Lee. Oswald signed the document, Mrs. Johnson was present when Oswald signed the document, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson both identified Oswald as O. H. Lee. On top of that Marina testified the Oswald used the alias and that's why she was so pissed off at him. That is why Oswald went to the Paine's house on Thursday evening after work. My impression is that Oswald tried to mend fences with his wife and if that didn't work then he would take drastic action, like killing the POTUS. It was a premeditated action by Oswald that hinged on Marina's reaction to his plea for reconciliation. The little scumbag went over the edge because he was a loser with visions of grandeur who found himself unable to control his wife.