Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Conspiracy of the Three Stooges  (Read 52124 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Conspiracy of the Three Stooges
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2018, 06:26:13 AM »
Advertisement
Need to back track a bit. Jarman was interviewed by the FBI on the 24th.....the day Oswald was killed.

This statement is consistent with his DPD statement the previous day. The additional information largely centres on his presence on the fifth floor, who he was with at the time of the shots and his recollection of what happened immediately after. They talked about the location of the shots. In particular his recall of the positioning of himself and co-workers at the window is precise and accurate compared to the imprecise and inaccurate nature of Bonnie Ray.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2018, 06:26:13 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2018, 06:28:44 AM »
The next interviews were conducted by the Secret Service and occurred in the first week of December. They are included in WC Document 87.

In this interview less than two weeks after the assassination Williams recalls the elevator race as they broke for lunch and Oswald calling for the lift. On the 6th floor he sat at windows "in the centre of the building". A Dr Pepper bottle and chicken bones were left together on the floor. He didn't see or hear anyone and only ate his lunch for a few minutes. The lunch was "finished", not partially eaten, and he left immediately for the 5th floor before 12.15pm. (Note 12.15 is mentioned specifically!). Heard only two shots coming from 6th floor but did not hear shells and bolt action. They went to west side windows and discussed what they should do as the shots had come from the 6th floor.
A policeman was seen near the stairway but Williams did not know if he was going up or down (note no mention of arrival by the elevator now). After five minutes they took the stairs down.

This interview  essentially provided a similar story he told the FBI the day after the assassination except for some minor variance and added details. He now described the lunch consisting of a chicken bone sandwich and a Dr Pepper. He has been given the free pass by Day on the 25th November after Williams initial FBI interview. Day may have (inadvertently) provided a description of the final position of the chicken and bottle as found around 2pm on November 22 during that discussion.
Significantly he is sure he left before 12.15pm. No doubt there has been much talk between the TSBD workers of the events of November 22 and Oswald in the days since it occurred. Apparently he abandoned the idea of moving the lunchbreak earlier by 20 minutes. By this time the others members of the floor laying crew have been interviewed and they generally agreed the elevator race occurred at about 11.50am. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:31:59 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2018, 07:01:51 AM »
Jarman was interviewed by the SS in the first week of December. His statement also formed part of WC document 87.

Again Jarman said he saw Oswald take the elevator up sometime after 11.30am. The floor laying crew came down just before noon. After eating his lunch he went with Williams and Jarman to fifth floor.  He heard three shots but did not hear shells and bolt. They ran to the to the windows on the west side of the fifth floor after the shots. They discussed what they should do as they knew shots came from above and decided it was too dangerous to go to 6th floor. They waited 5 minutes before taking the stairs the  down. He did not see the policeman (Baker) but remembered a woman on the fourth floor looking out the window.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2018, 07:01:51 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2018, 07:31:05 AM »
Here is Norman's Affidavit and the Extract from CD87 for comparison.

AFFIDAVIT
State of Texas
County of Dallas
City of Dallas
I Harold Norman, wish to make the following statement to Special Agents William Carter and Arthur W. Blake, United States Secret Service.
I am 25 years of age, and I live at 4858 Beulah Street, Dallas, Texas. I do not have a telephone at my residence. I have been employed as an order filler at the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas for about three years.
I was acquainted with Lee Oswald during the time that he was employed at this company, but I never did get to know him well. I have spoken to him briefly to say "Hello" or in connection with my work, but I never carried on any conversations with him. He did not mix with the employees and did not appear to want to make friends with me or any of the others. I never saw him at any time other than in the building at work.
On the 22nd of November, 1963, to the best of my memory, the last time I saw him was about 10:00 A.M. when we were both working on the first floor of the building. I did not speak to him at that time.
About 12:15 P.M. on this same date, after I had eaten my lunch, I went to the fifth floor of the building to watch the parade of the President pass the building. Bonnie Ray Williams and James Jarman, who also worked at this building went with me. We took a position in the south-east corner of the building on the fifth floor and I was looking out the window which is closest to the east end of the building overlooking Elm Street.
Just after the President passed by, I heard a shot and several seconds later I heard two more shots. I knew that the shots had come from directly above me, and I could hear the expended cartridges fall to the floor. I also could hear the bolt action of the rifle. I saw some dust fall from the ceiling of the fifth floor and I felt sure that whoever had fired the shots was directly above me. I saw all of the people down on the street rut towards the west side of the building, so I went to that side with Williams and Jarman, and looked out the west side window. We discussed the shots, and where they had come from and decided we better go down stairs. We walked down the stairs to the first floor and did not see anyone else on the stairway as we went down. From the time of the shots until we started down-stairs was about five minutes.
I have read over the above statement and it is the truth to the best of my knowledge.
/s/Harold Norman
Harold Norman
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 4th day of December, 1963.
/s/William N. Carter
William N. Carter, Special Agent U.S. Secret Service

Norman now recalled sighting Oswald about 10am on the first floor. After eating his lunch he went with Jarman and Williams to the fifth floor about 12.15pm. Note that Jarman eventually provided a time for the ascent to the fifth floor in his January FBI statement as 12.25pm. They went to the SE corner to watch the motorcade. After the first shot he stuck his head out the window as it appeared to be from directly above his position. He heard three shots and they ran to the west side of the building. They discussed what to do and eventually left the building about 5 minutes later via the stairs.
By the middle of January the problem of Rowland's time of 12.15pm for the sighting of a gunman on the sixth floor must have been an issue for the investigators. Williams had told of visiting the sixth floor the day after the assassination, but we have statements provided from both Norman and Jarman that Williams accompanied them on the trip to the fifth floor.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:34:34 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
No Bill. It's what BRW thought he might be implicated in given he was in the SN about 5 minutes or so before the shots. Also his chicken remnants and pop bottle had been subsequently referred to as the "assassin's lunch". The fact that all three said in various statements that he came up with them on the elevator to the 5th floor.

The fact that all three said in various statements that he came up with them on the elevator to the 5th floor.

So now what?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:48 AM »
Williams FBI interview Jan 14, 1964

Williams interviewed again by the FBI about five weeks after the SS interviewed him. Williams again moved the time they broke for lunch earlier by claiming the elevator race occurred at 11.40am and stated he ate lunch on the 6th floor at noon. Note the consistency in a 20 minute interval between departing and arriving back on the 6th floor. Once again he recalled staying only a few minutes, leaving at 12.05pm, before joining Jarman and Norman on the 5th floor. In this interview he told that the motivation for going down was that he heard them below. According to this revised timeline he spends about 25 minutes with them before the motorcade arrives. Compare this with his first day statement, taken about 2 hours after the shots, where he stated that "just after we got on the 5th floor the motorcade arrived". In this report he further distanced himself from 12.15pm by effectively moving the departure time from the 6th floor back from 12.13 to 12.05!

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2018, 07:44:22 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2018, 07:44:22 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »
On Jan 14 the FBI also interviewed Jarman

In this statement he claimed he ate his lunch with Williams and Norman on the first floor after noon. This is reinforced by saying that the other two were in his company the whole time they were on the first floor. He recalls they took the west elevator up to the fifth floor about 12.25. Clearly serious issues are appearing regarding difference in the statements between Williams and Jarman in their movements before the shooting. Williams in his November 23 interview told (perhaps reluctantly) of his trip to eat lunch to the 6th floor before meeting up with Norman and Jarman. Now, seven weeks after the shooting, Jarman's version would have the three men together from the break for lunch until the time of the shots.