Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Escape Route Time Trial  (Read 16836 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald's Escape Route Time Trial
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2024, 01:00:03 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald was arrested without a Jacket.

And Brewer who saw Oswald out the front of his store just before he headed to the Texas Theatre, describes NO jacket.

Mr. BREWER - And had brown hair. He had a brown sports shirt on. His shirt tail was out.
Mr. BELIN - Any jacket?
Mr. BREWER - No.

JohnM

So what?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2024, 01:00:03 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2024, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2024, 01:48:24 PM »
Even if Oswald left the rooming house in a rainbow-colored jacket, why did he ditch it between the rooming house on Beckley and the shoe store on Jefferson?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2024, 01:48:24 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2024, 02:21:26 PM »
Even if Oswald left the rooming house in a rainbow-colored jacket, why did he ditch it between the rooming house on Beckley and the shoe store on Jefferson?

The assumption that Oswald left the rooming house wearing a jacket relies 100% on Earlene Roberts being correct. There are, however, several indicators that she could easily have been wrong. Frazier describes (somewhat poorly) that Oswald was wearing a gray jacket during the trip to Irving on Thursday evening and Marina identified the gray jacket (CE 162) as the one Oswald seemed to be wearing when he arrived in Irving. Roberts, on the other hand, was unable to identify the gray jacket and instead relied solely on that whatever Oswald was putting on had a zipper. Roberts even rejected the gray jacket because she believed the jacket she had seen was darker. Earlier that same day, Baker had mistaken Oswald's shirt for a jacket and Whaley also stated that Oswald was wearing a jacket (or even two) during the taxi ride, when in fact he wasn't. So, the assumption that Roberts was correct is somewhat questionable.

The statement that Oswald ditched his jacket between the rooming house and the shoe store in Jefferson is speculative at best, because it assumes that Oswald was in fact the shooter and thus was at the scene of the Tippit murder to begin with. I am aware of what the witnesses said, but witnesses can be wrong and/or manipulated at a line up. I personally find it beyond belief that all the Tippit witnesses identified Oswald at the line up, because the likelihood that under normal circumstances all the witnesses identify the same man seems extremely remote to me. I only bring to mind that Scoggins identified Oswald at the line up but failed to identify him from a photo to the FBI the very next day.

As for the "rainbow colored jacket", you can not argue that Oswald left the rooming house wearing a jacket of any other color than light gray and still maintain that the light gray jacket Westbrook delivered to the evidence room (without any kind of chain of custody, at least two still unidentified officers involved and with initials of officers on it who were nowhere near the parking lot) is the same one that Oswald was wearing when he left the rooming house. One can only wonder how Westbrook ended up with that light gray jacket (if Frazier and Marina were correct and it was supposed to be in Irving) and how and when it got to the DPD offices and from where.

A major part of any murder investigation is motive and opportunity. As far as is known, Oswald had no motive to kill Tippit or for that matter to even be at 10th street and it most certainly isn't clear that he even had the opportunity to murder Tippit. It all comes down to a very fragile time line based upon an estimate of a witness (Roberts) and a highly questionable time stamp call on the recording of DPD radio traffic. I personally believe that there wasn't enough time for Oswald to get to 10th street and have the opportunity to kill Tippit. Obviously that means that I also find the witness identification of Oswald unreliable.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 02:51:57 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2024, 10:54:59 PM »

Exactly,

1. Roberts didn't say Oswald was buttoning up a jacket but specifically testified that Oswald was "zipping up" a jacket.

2. Oswald was positively identified at or moving away from the Tippit crime scene while wearing a jacket.

3. Oswald was arrested without a jacket.

4. Oswald was positively identified as carrying a gun while at or moving away from the Tippit crime scene.
5. The same parking lot where Oswald was seen entering, was later found to have a discarded jacket that Marina testified belonged to Oswald.
6. Oswald jacket that Marina later proved was Oswald's was not long after filmed in the Parking lot.

7. Some members theorize that the Dallas Police without knowing that multiple Eyewitnesses saw Oswald wearing a jacket and/or that he was arrested without a jacket, took the jacket from Irving and placed it in the Parking lot? Talk about desperation based on stupidity.
8. The same shells that were discarded by Oswald at the crime scene Exclusively matched Oswald's revolver.
9. Out of the hundreds of square miles of Dallas, the only Police Officer shot in years, was a stone's throw from both Oswald's rooming house and the the Theater where Oswald was arrested.
10. Why would anybody else have any motive to kill Tippit but perhaps an escaping assassin would have reason to commit another murder.

11. After Oswald left the Rooming House and before Oswald was arrested, Tippit was killed.
12. Oswald's reason for being on the side streets, was obviously because after killing Kennedy, he was avoiding the main roads. Duh!
13. Oswald while being arrested tried to use the same revolver to kill more cops.
14. Oswald admitted to Fritz that he was carrying his revolver, ""Well, you know about a pistol; I just carried it."

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2024, 10:54:59 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2024, 11:05:09 PM »
Exactly,

1. Roberts didn't say Oswald was buttoning up a jacket but specifically testified that Oswald was "zipping up" a jacket.

2. Oswald was positively identified at or moving away from the Tippit crime scene while wearing a jacket.

3. Oswald was arrested without a jacket.

4. Oswald was positively identified as carrying a gun while at or moving away from the Tippit crime scene.
5. The same parking lot where Oswald was seen entering, was later found to have a discarded jacket that Marina testified belonged to Oswald.
6. Oswald jacket that Marina later proved was Oswald's was not long after filmed in the Parking lot.

7. Some members theorize that the Dallas Police without knowing that multiple Eyewitnesses saw Oswald wearing a jacket and/or that he was arrested without a jacket, took the jacket from Irving and placed it in the Parking lot? Talk about desperation based on stupidity.
8. The same shells that were discarded by Oswald at the crime scene Exclusively matched Oswald's revolver.
9. Out of the hundreds of square miles of Dallas, the only Police Officer shot in years, was a stone's throw from both Oswald's rooming house and the the Theater where Oswald was arrested.
10. Why would anybody else have any motive to kill Tippit but perhaps an escaping assassin would have reason to commit another murder.

11. After Oswald left the Rooming House and before Oswald was arrested, Tippit was killed.
12. Oswald's reason for being on the side streets, was obviously because after killing Kennedy, he was avoiding the main roads. Duh!
13. Oswald while being arrested tried to use the same revolver to kill more cops.
14. Oswald admitted to Fritz that he was carrying his revolver, ""Well, you know about a pistol; I just carried it."

JohnM

When you have something else and better to offer than some jpg's, circular logic, cherry picked "evidence" and thousand times regurgitated flawed claims that ignore significant parts of the evidence, perhaps then we can talk.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:07:25 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2024, 11:47:11 PM »
When you have something else and better to offer than some jpg's, circular logic, cherry picked "evidence" and thousand times regurgitated flawed claims that ignore significant parts of the evidence, perhaps then we can talk.

perhaps then we can talk.

Huh? I wasn't responding to you??

And even if I was, the fact that my Mountain of Rock Solid Evidence will be here for eternity, whereas your speculation based on your faith is currently being flushed down the toilet, is presently where you're at.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2024, 11:47:11 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2024, 12:19:59 AM »
Huh? I wasn't responding to you??

And even if I was, the fact that my Mountain of Rock Solid Evidence will be here for eternity, whereas your speculation based on your faith is currently being flushed down the toilet, is presently where you're at.

JohnM

Oh sorry, John, did I hurt your feelings?

I wasn't responding to you?? 

Why the question marks? You don't know who you were responding to?

Nasty, nasty, but hilarious nevertheless. It's funny, but I can actually understand how a little person can confuse an actual molehill for some sort of mountain. It's all a matter of perspective.