Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Time for Truth  (Read 33365 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Time for Truth
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2023, 05:46:07 AM »
Advertisement
The suspicious looking guy enters the Texas Theatre. Does Brewer need to see this guy actually enter the door to know he has entered the building?

Yes.

Even though Postal doesn't see Oswald enter the theatre, she does provide us with the information that Oswald never passed her position as she was looking west, up Jefferson.

Walking past Postal isn’t the only other option. The man could have done an about face. He could have crossed the street. He could have gone down the alley separating the theater from the furniture store.

Postal was stood on the sidewalk just in front of the Box Office, checking out the police cars blaring by. She actually sees Oswald approaching from the east but then she turns to look west and doesn't see him ducking into the theatre:

That’s what she claimed, but when Brewer asked her if she sold a ticket to “that man” she said “what man?”. By the way, she never said anything about it being Oswald.

Also, if Brewer really “knew” that man entered the theater without buying a ticket then why ask Postal at all if she sold him a ticket? And why would she say she wasn’t sure? None of this fits together.

Brewer's account of following Oswald into the Texas Theater is confirmed by both Postal and Burroughs

Bull. How does not seeing someone enter confirm when somebody entered?

"I don't know if this is the man they want," I said, "in there, but he is running from them for some reason,"

Postal saw nothing that would suggest that anybody in the theater was “running” from the police.

Brewer's account of what happened seems completely credible and is corroborated by multiple witnesses

Brewer’s account of when and how Oswald entered the theater is corroborated by nothing and nobody. And it is contradicted by Burroughs and Davis.

and there is no doubt in Brewer's mind that the man he saw outside his shop and who ducked into the Texas Theater was the man he pointed out to police and who was subsequently arrested in the cinema - Lee Harvey Oswald.

When did Brewer ever say there was no doubt in his mind?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2023, 05:46:07 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2023, 01:35:42 PM »
Mrs. POSTAL. - So, well, I called the police, and he wanted to know why I thought it was their man, and I said, "Well, I didn't know," and he said, "Well, it fits the description," and I have not---I said I hadn't heard the description. All I know is, "This man is running from them for some reason." And he wanted to know why, and told him because everytime the sirens go by he would duck and he wanted to know----well, if he fits the description is what he says. I said, "Let me tell you what he looks like and you take it from there." And explained that he had on this brown sports shirt and I couldn't tell you what design it was, and medium height, ruddy looking to me, and he said, "Thank you"

The police officer who took the call had heard this description of the suspect:

"Thank you", indeed...................

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 02:26:48 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »
Dallas Assistant District Attorney Jim Bowie confirmed Mrs. Postal's call when asked by researcher Mr. Leo Sauvage, but added that it was just one of "half a dozen calls” to the police concerning a suspicious man sneaking into the theater.

Mrs. Postal's call, based on Mr. Brewer's half-suspicion, was not the one that drew DPD en masse to the Texas Theatre.

Either that or what she actually described, in her call to police, and what Mr. Brewer actually described to her, was a man wearing a white shirt.

No wonder it took the 'investigating' authorities a couple of weeks to put Mr. Brewer and Mrs. Postal on the record!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 01:55:37 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2023, 01:51:47 PM »

Note----------------by the way---------------the words "Have a description on the suspect on Jefferson. Last seen about the three hundred block of East Jefferson".

This description will have come from Mr. Warren Reynolds.

Two days after being interviewed by FBI and failing to make a positive identification of the man as Mr. Oswald, Mr. Reynolds was shot in the head. The bullet evidently entered at an angle such as to concentrate his mind: thereafter, Mr. Reynolds positively identified Mr. Oswald as the man.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »
Mrs. POSTAL. - So, well, I called the police, and he wanted to know why I thought it was their man, and I said, "Well, I didn't know," and he said, "Well, it fits the description," and I have not---I said I hadn't heard the description. All I know is, "This man is running from them for some reason." And he wanted to know why, and told him because everytime the sirens go by he would duck and he wanted to know----well, if he fits the description is what he says. I said, "Let me tell you what he looks like and you take it from there." And explained that he had on this brown sports shirt and I couldn't tell you what design it was, and medium height, ruddy looking to me, and he said, "Thank you"

The police officer who took the call had heard this description of the suspect:

"Thank you", indeed...................

Oswald does fit that basic description. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2023, 02:25:35 PM »
Oswald does fit that basic description.

~Grin~

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2023, 05:04:58 PM »
~Grin~

What were the police supposed to do in your fantasy world?  They get a report of a suspicious person in the area of the crime.   He matches the general description of the suspect.  With 60 years of hindsight, you can find a single anomaly.  Ironically, based on Oswald's efforts to change his appearance.  The police acted exactly as they should have and captured the murderer.  Great work with the assistance of the public.  An unhinged killer was taken into custody without further loss of life.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2023, 05:04:58 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2023, 05:35:24 PM »
What were the police supposed to do in your fantasy world?  They get a report of a suspicious person in the area of the crime.   He matches the general description of the suspect.

A man in a brown shirt does not fit the description of a suspect in a white shirt, lol