Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3D Modeling  (Read 29229 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: 3D Modeling
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2023, 05:10:25 PM »
Advertisement
I may be the last to know this. I just looked at Dealey Plaza in Google Earth Pro-with 3D Buildings layer. Elevation data is not only given for buildings but trees, plaza structures and even automobiles parked in the lots! Elevations for some details of the TUP are available. All elevation data are given with 1 foot resolution.

Elevation, Ft
426      Center of Houston St. / Main intersection
400      Elm just at the underpass
398      Elm just after the underpass
419-420   Top of bridge at track level
423      Rail
426      Top of East Elm/Main pillar
Very helpful.  On my 3D Sketchup model of DP I get 490 feet from the bottom SE corner of the TSBD to the middle of Elm at the entrance to the underpass. So the average slope is arcsin(26/490)=3.04 degrees.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2023, 05:10:25 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2023, 12:30:20 AM »

The rubber tyre diameters don't match. My model shows tyres with a 27" diameter.  It may be that the rubber tyres are bigger. Need more information.

In 1963, the limousine received a set of "sunburst" wheel covers made for the 1957 Lincoln Premiere, that measure 15" across. The same diameter as the hubcaps in the SketchUp model. So at least the wheel covers are accurate.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2023, 08:29:19 PM »
There's an auction closing today for a fence section owned by Larry Howard. Link

I believe this is not the 1963 fence because the fence Holland and Lane stood behind in 1966 had a different taper. I believe the 1963 fence had no gaps between the pickets and that there was a curvature on the front surface of each picket, in order to simulate a "stockade fence".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2023, 08:29:19 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2023, 09:02:08 PM »
There's an auction closing today for a fence section owned by Larry Howard. Link

I believe this is not the 1963 fence because the fence Holland and Lane stood behind in 1966 had a different taper. I believe the 1963 fence had no gaps between the pickets and that there was a curvature on the front surface of each picket, in order to simulate a "stockade fence".

Just curious, but why would you use the word "simulate" with respect to the 1963 fence? Why do you believe the 1963 fence was Not an actual "Stockade fence"?  In 1963, the parking lot behind that fencing was still nothing but actual ground/soil.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:05:47 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2023, 09:47:58 PM »
    Just curious, but why would you use the word "simulate" with respect to the 1963 fence? Why do you believe the 1963 fence was Not an actual "Stockade fence"?  In 1963, the parking lot behind that fencing was still nothing but actual ground/soil.

The original stockade was built of logs, placed side-by-side vertically to form a defensive wall. The 1963 decorative "stockade fence" was made of planks with machined curvature on one face. The 1980s version that's up for auction seems like small irregular logs sawed in half vertically. Evidently they were looking to evoke the "Old West" look.

No one builds traditional stockades anymore, so the term "stockade fence" now mainly refers to decorative or privacy fencing. Such a fence needs only a pointed top to be "stockade"-style and doesn't have to be curved on its front face. Such fences are usually sold in sections. The 1963 fence might be made of same-length sections that are attached to evenly-spaced metal posts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2023, 09:47:58 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2023, 10:51:59 PM »
The original stockade was built of logs, placed side-by-side vertically to form a defensive wall. The 1963 decorative "stockade fence" was made of planks with machined curvature on one face. The 1980s version that's up for auction seems like small irregular logs sawed in half vertically. Evidently they were looking to evoke the "Old West" look.

No one builds traditional stockades anymore, so the term "stockade fence" now mainly refers to decorative or privacy fencing. Such a fence needs only a pointed top to be "stockade"-style and doesn't have to be curved on its front face. Such fences are usually sold in sections. The 1963 fence might be made of same-length sections that are attached to evenly-spaced metal posts.

I thought this "STOCKade" fence carried that name in reference to "liveSTOCK" being confined in this same area at one time. This made it convenient to then load the livestock onto the trains for transport. I don't know how secure anyone would feel with a fence such as this serving as a "defensive wall", even if it were made of logs. It is only roughly 5 feet tall.   

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2023, 12:42:35 AM »
"Knott Laboratory presents digital reconstruction and findings on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy" ( Link )

They're using the "low" entry point for Kennedy's back wound. Since they're not showing a jacket bunch, I guess they went about four-inches below the top of the jacket collar. Photos show the top of the jacket collar was tight to Kennedy's nape and went to the hairline

Connally was sitting upright (if not a little backward) in the early-Z220s while they have the Governor's torso leaning forward.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2023, 12:42:35 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2023, 01:14:44 AM »
"Knott Laboratory presents digital reconstruction and findings on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy" ( Link )

They're using the "low" entry point for Kennedy's back wound. Since they're not showing a jacket bunch, I guess they went about four-inches below the top of the jacket collar. Photos show the top of the jacket collar was tight to Kennedy's nape and went to the hairline

Connally was sitting upright (if not a little backward) in the early-Z220s while they have the Governor's torso leaning forward.
They also have the bullet hitting JFK in the centerline, and it looks like they have the shot coming from the western pane of the first window, rather than the eastern one. And there's nothing to account for the uncertainty of the measurement of the actual wound locations. If this is all these guys have, they're either amateurs, lazy, or just incompetent.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 08:10:58 PM by Mitch Todd »