Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Head of KGB Reported in '63 That Oswald visited Soviet Embassy in Mexico  (Read 1693 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Advertisement
The day after the assassination the then head of the KGB, Vladimir Semichastny, reportedly issued a top secret memorandum to Soviet political leaders about what the KGB knew about Oswald. In the report he said that the KGB had "established data" that Lee Oswald did visit their Embassy in Mexico City requesting a visa and asylum in the USSR. The decision was made at that time to deny his request again.

The below is excerpted from Oleg Nechiporenko's book "Passport to Assassination." Nechiporenko was one of three KGB agents who met Oswald when he visited the Embassy in search of a visa. The Mikoyan that the memo was addressed to was top Soviet official Anastas Mikoyan who was then the Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers. This undermines the claim made by conspiracists who say Oswald was impersonated and that Nechiporenko and the other KGB agents falsified a story about Oswald visiting the Embassy in order to sell his book decades later or curry favor with the West. Again, the Soviets *at that time* believed the real Oswald visited their Embassy; not an impostor. Note as well that Nechiporenko never defected to the West; after the dissolution of the USSR and KGB he remained in Russia and worked for the Russian intelligence service the FSB.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 01:52:22 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Re: Head of KGB Told Leadership Oswald visited Soviet Embassy in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 05:17:45 PM »
The day after the assassination the then head of the KGB, Vladimir Semichastny, reportedly issued a top secret memorandum to Soviet political leaders about what the KGB knew about Oswald. In the report he said that the KGB had "established data" that Lee Oswald did visit their Embassy in Mexico City requesting a visa and asylum in the USSR. The decision was made at that time to deny his request again.

The below is excerpted from Oleg Nechiporenko's book "Passport to Assassination." Nechiporenko was one of three KGB agents who met Oswald when he visited the Embassy in search of a visa. The Mikoyan that the memo was addressed to was top Soviet official Anastas Mikoyan who was then the Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers. This undermines the claim made by conspiracists who say Oswald was impersonated and that Nechiporenko and the other KGB agents falsified a story about Oswald visiting the Embassy in order to sell his book decades later or curry favor with the West. Again, the Soviets *at that time* believed the real Oswald visited their Embassy; not an impostor. Note as well that Nechiporenko never defected to the West; after the dissolution of the USSR and KGB he remained in Russia and worked for the Russian intelligence service the FSB.

The date, 11/23/63, indicates that it was written while LHO was still alive. And I don’t believe that anyone (including Jack Ruby) had even dreamed that LHO would be murdered the next day. Good stuff Steve, thanks!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 06:02:46 PM »

The date, 11/23/63, indicates that it was written while LHO was still alive. And I don’t believe that anyone (including Jack Ruby) had even dreamed that LHO would be murdered the next day. Good stuff Steve, thanks!
Yes, this was all before Oswald was shot. As to the impersonation claims: it's difficult for me to imagine that the conspirators who allegedly sent this impersonator wouldn't realize that the Cubans and Soviets would expose it, wouldn't reveal this plot, this impersonation? What did they think would happen? Of course they would. So they send an impersonator to obtain visas, visas? - he's going to have to present photos and his signature (as he did) - and this will be pulled off, they would get away with it? The Cuban/Soviets (they send him to two places? the Soviets aren't sufficient?) have the evidence - the fake photos and signatures of this impostor; the whole plan is exposed.

But that didn't happen. The Soviets to my knowledge *never* said it was an impostor, never claimed that it was an actor even though they blamed the CIA for the assassination and had every incentive to say so. So why not? Why didn't they reveal this framing of Oswald?

And one more: If they're framing Oswald for this Mexico City visit why not lie and say he *admitted* going there? According to the interrogators, e.g., Fritz, Hosty et al., who were supposedly framing him, he denied going there. Why did they say he denied this? If they're framing him for the MC visit then the obvious action is to lie and say he admitted it. He's dead; he can't deny it.

And once again, no, this man below did NOT say he was Oswald.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 03:56:36 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 06:02:46 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 07:23:41 PM »
There is no apparent reason for any conspirator to have faked Oswald's presence in Mexico City.  It does not advance the plot to frame him from the JFK assassination but entails enormous risk since they would have to account for any witness who places Oswald elsewhere.   In a conspiracy narrative, they would not fake pointless events like Oswald getting on a bus after the assassination that takes him nowhere.  Events in a false narrative must have purpose.  You don't see characters in a movie doing random things that have nothing to do with the plot.   That is how a conspiracy plan would work.   Oswald's defection to the USSR provides ample support that he was a Commie/Marxist.  There is no apparent need to bolster that with a faked Mexico City visit if that is the alleged intent here.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »
There is no apparent reason for any conspirator to have faked Oswald's presence in Mexico City.  It does not advance the plot to frame him from the JFK assassination but entails enormous risk since they would have to account for any witness who places Oswald elsewhere.   In a conspiracy narrative, they would not fake pointless events like Oswald getting on a bus after the assassination that takes him nowhere.  Events in a false narrative must have purpose.  You don't see characters in a movie doing random things that have nothing to do with the plot.   That is how a conspiracy plan would work.   Oswald's defection to the USSR provides ample support that he was a Commie/Marxist.  There is no apparent need to bolster that with a faked Mexico City visit if that is the alleged intent here.
The conspiracy claim (fasten your seat belt, here we go) is that the staged visit connects Oswald and the assassination he's framed for back to the Soviets and/or Cubans. They were behind it and Oswald was acting on their behalf. This can then be used to either blame them for the act or can be used by the conspirators who faked the visit to stop the investigation into who the real assassins were, i.e., them, since the US would be fearful that it would lead to a war with Moscow. Yeah, I just repeat the claims I don't make them <g>.

But it's obvious to us that impersonating Oswald to connect him to the Soviets *and* then to the assassination two months later in Dallas is quite a plan. It's dizzying for me to imagine how you go from "A" - impersonating him at the two facilities in Mexico City in late September - to "B" - the actual assassination in late November. There are so many steps and paths, many uncontrollable, between "A" and "B" that you have to have a deep conspiracy view - one that thinks "they" have near limitless power - in order to connect them. You know the spiel: fake films, faked photos, planted evidence, coerced witnesses, and all of this covered up by multiple generations of Americans in the government and in the media for a half century plus. Gosh, that's dumb.

Back to my main point again: the Soviets *at that time* believed it was Oswald. They didn't think it *was* an impostor. This is not, as is claimed, something that Nechiporenko dreamed up in order to sell a book or curry favor with the West (note: he never defected, he stayed in Russia and worked for the FSB). Moscow had every incentive at that time and for the next four decades to expose this intrigue. But they didn't. Not then and not up to now.

Shorter: If you insist it was an impersonation then how to explain this? What, were they fooled too? Or were the Soviets working with the CIA too? How does this go?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 04:05:08 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 03:48:48 PM »
The claim is that this staged visit connects Oswald and then the assassination back to the Soviets and Cubans. They were behind it; Oswald was acting on their behalf. And that this can be used to either blame them for the act or used by the conspirators who faked the visit to stop the investigation into the real assassins because the US is fearful that it leads to a war with Moscow. Yeah, I just repeat the claims I don't make them <g>.

Even that doesn't make sense in a conspiracy context.  Imagine going through all the time and risk to link Oswald to Cuba/Russia but then CTers complain that all the blame is put on Oswald and that the WC ignores the involvement of anyone else.  In complete contradiction of the purpose of any fake Mexico City trip.   It doesn't add up.  If there was a conspiracy that faked Oswald's presence at the Cuban embassy as a pretext for war against Cuba, there would have been some action to place blame on Cuba after the assassination.  Someone in power would have advocated for that outcome if that was the intent of this whole "plan" but no one did to my knowledge.  The usual case of characters are criticized by CTers for placing the blame entirely on Oswald instead of trying to implicate Cuba or Russia. 

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:36:06 PM »
Even that doesn't make sense in a conspiracy context.  Imagine going through all the time and risk to link Oswald to Cuba/Russia but then CTers complain that all the blame is put on Oswald and that the WC ignores the involvement of anyone else.  In complete contradiction of the purpose of any fake Mexico City trip.   It doesn't add up.  If there was a conspiracy that faked Oswald's presence at the Cuban embassy as a pretext for war against Cuba, there would have been some action to place blame on Cuba after the assassination.  Someone in power would have advocated for that outcome if that was the intent of this whole "plan" but no one did to my knowledge.  The usual case of characters are criticized by CTers for placing the blame entirely on Oswald instead of trying to implicate Cuba or Russia.
Right, the conspiracists conspirators - these right wing Cold War fanatics who would do anything for their cause - framed a Marxist (real of fake) in order to justify an invasion of Cuba or a war with Moscow or something. Okay so far (I guess). But then after going through all of this they cleared Castro/Moscow of any involvement? They didn't do *anything* with this act? It was Oswald alone. Okay so they needed to kill JFK for their war in Vietnam? But you don't need to frame Moscow/Havana for that purpose. So they lose me here. Why go through all of this to then clear the people you want to set up? This is completely at odds with itself. But remember in JFK conspiracy world it doesn't have to make sense; it just has to support the conspiracy view.

So is this the way it went?
Plotter A: "We're going to assassinate JFK. Are you joining up with us?"
Potential Accomplice: "Maybe. But how do you plan to keep it secret from everyone? It's going to be investigated forever."
Plotter A: "We control Congress and the next Congress and the media and the next media. Nobody will talk; everyone will go along. Including future generations. Don't sweat it."
Potential Accomplice: "Okay, sure. I'm all in."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 03:34:58 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:36:06 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 06:41:57 PM »
Right, the conspiracists - these right wing Cold War fanatics who would do anything for their cause - framed a Marxist (real of fake) in order to justify an invasion of Cuba or a war with Moscow or something. Okay so far (I guess). But then after going through all of this they cleared Castro/Moscow of any involvement? They didn't do *anything* with this act? It was Oswald alone. Okay so they needed to kill JFK for their war in Vietnam? But you don't need to frame Moscow/Havana for that purpose. So they lose me here. Why go through all of this to then clear the people you want to set up? This is completely at odds with itself. But remember in JFK conspiracy world it doesn't have to make sense; it just has to support the conspiracy view.

So is this the way it went?
Plotter A: "We're going to assassinate JFK. Are you joining up with us?"
Potential Accomplice: "Maybe. But how do you plan to keep it secret from everyone? It's going to be investigated forever."
Plotter A: "We control Congress and the next Congress and the media and the next media. Nobody will talk; everyone will go along. Including future generations. Don't sweat it."
Potential Accomplice: "Okay, sure. I'm all in."

Then there was the part where they suggested "we put Oswald a bus that takes him nowhere after the assassination.  And convince every random person on the bus to keep quiet about him not being on the bus even though his presence makes no possible difference."