Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 225177 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #768 on: January 09, 2021, 09:58:17 PM »
Advertisement
Westbrook Scranton recalls the incident in detail.

You mean the incident where, with everyone walking and milling around and everything, Mr Oswald came to the door with a Coke in his hand and asked Ms Reid, "What's all the excitement about?" and Ms Reid told him "Oh my God, someone has shot the President!"? That incident?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #768 on: January 09, 2021, 09:58:17 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #769 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »
A point worth making about my previous post.
I would urge anyone interested in this aspect of the case to watch the section of Scranton's interview regarding Reid's telling of her encounter with Oswald.
The story seems far too detailed to be some kind of 'misrememberance'.
I find it difficult to believe Scranton would feel the need to invent something like this so long after the event but if you're a bit tinfoil you might need more convincing
If we take her account at face value it leaves us with this 'reality':

Within an hour or so of the assassination Reid is telling her co-workers about meeting Oswald on the second floor. If Reid's account of her interaction with Oswald is true it supports the validity of the second floor lunchroom encounter between Oswald, Baker and Truly. More importantly, if Reid is accurate in her estimation of the time interval between the final shot and her meeting with Oswald, it means she is an eye-witness placing Oswald on the second floor within 120 seconds of the final shot.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #770 on: January 09, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »
You mean the incident where, with everyone walking and milling around and everything, Mr Oswald came to the door with a Coke in his hand and asked Ms Reid, "What's all the excitement about?" and Ms Reid told him "Oh my God, someone has shot the President!"? That incident?

Really?
Try again.
She is saying that while the TSBD employees were milling around in the office after the assassination Reid told her story about meeting Oswald at the door (of the office) with a Coke in his hand.
She is not saying Oswald came to the door of the office when everyone was milling around in there after the assassination. ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #770 on: January 09, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #771 on: January 09, 2021, 10:20:05 PM »
Really?
Try again.
She is saying that while the TSBD employees were milling around in the office after the assassination Reid told her story about meeting Oswald at the door (of the office) with a Coke in his hand.
She is not saying Oswald came to the door of the office when everyone was milling around in there after the assassination. ::)

So you--------in your zeal to take Ms Scranton's account at "face value"--------believe that Ms Reid told colleagues that Mr Oswald asked her "What's all the excitement about?"? If the answer is yes, then I am strongly minded to agree with you!  Thumb1:

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #772 on: January 09, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
So you--------in your zeal to take Ms Scranton's account at "face value"--------believe that Ms Reid told colleagues that Mr Oswald asked her "What's all the excitement about?"? If the answer is yes, then I am strongly minded to agree with you!  Thumb1:

Stop trying to squirm out of it Alan.
Forget the details for now.
Scranton is confirming Reid was telling the story of meeting Oswald in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.
Way to soon to be part of a Hoax.

You have to call Scranton a liar because she blows your little world apart.
So just get it over with.
Call her the liar you think she is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #772 on: January 09, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #773 on: January 09, 2021, 10:35:42 PM »
Stop trying to squirm out of it Alan.
Forget the details for now.
Scranton is confirming Reid was telling the story of meeting Oswald in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.
Way to soon to be part of a Hoax.

You have to call Scranton a liar because she blows your little world apart.
So just get it over with.
Call her the liar you think she is.

:D

"Westbrook Scranton recalls the incident in detail." ---------Mr Dan O'Meara

"Forget the details for now."------------Mr Dan O'Meara (an hour-and-a-half later)

For the record: I most certainly do not think Ms Scranton is a liar. I believe she may have given us crucial information as to when exactly and where exactly Ms Reid's real encounter with Mr Oswald took place. (Hint: not in the second floor office, not some two minutes after the shooting.)

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #774 on: January 09, 2021, 10:43:56 PM »
:D

"Westbrook Scranton recalls the incident in detail." ---------Mr Dan O'Meara

"Forget the details for now."------------Mr Dan O'Meara (an hour-and-a-half later)

For the record: I most certainly do not think Ms Scranton is a liar. I believe she may have given us crucial information as to when exactly and where exactly Ms Reid's real encounter with Mr Oswald took place. (Hint: not in the second floor office, not some two minutes after the shooting.)

So now you believe there was an encounter between Reid and Oswald?
Guess who wrote this just a few posts ago:

"She only told it because her boss Mr Truly needed help selling the lunchroom fiction that the still-alive Mr Oswald was unwittingly but dangerously refuting in interrogation."

Oh dear  ::)

So, where and when did the "real encounter" with Oswald take place?

;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #774 on: January 09, 2021, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #775 on: January 09, 2021, 11:00:20 PM »
So now you believe there was an encounter between Reid and Oswald?
Guess who wrote this just a few posts ago:

"She only told it because her boss Mr Truly needed help selling the lunchroom fiction that the still-alive Mr Oswald was unwittingly but dangerously refuting in interrogation."

Oh but I stand over that statement 100%  Thumb1:

So, where and when did the "real encounter" with Oswald take place?

;)

Front entrance, just after the assassination. (Cf. what Messrs Lovelady & Shelley told the WC about Ms Gloria Calvery.)

Now, Mr O'Meara, question for you! Do you believe that Ms Reid told colleagues that the Coke-in-hand Mr Oswald had asked her, "What's all the excitement about?" Or are you now, suddenly, of the view that Ms Scranton did not after all recall in detail and that her account is not after all to be taken at face value?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:01:12 PM by Alan Ford »