Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?  (Read 99095 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2019, 02:33:07 AM »
Advertisement
This entire thread is a complete waste of time since in real life the defense will always determine their strategy based upon what the prosecution has presented. There is no point in proving something wrong when the prosecution hasn't brought it up earlier.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2019, 02:33:07 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2019, 02:43:17 AM »
This entire thread is a complete waste of time since in real life the defense will always determine their strategy based upon what the prosecution has presented. There is no point in proving something wrong when the prosecution hasn't brought it up earlier.

Are you suggesting that the Prosecution could present something other than the basic facts, the same basic facts that are still argued more than half a Century Later? How so?

JohnM

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2019, 02:45:39 AM »
Do you mean the part where he says: “he was just sitting up there looking down...”?

No, that's not what I mean.
I think he was saying he saw the man sitting before JFK reached DP.
However he's clear about what he said he saw when the shots were fired at JFK.

Mr. BELIN. Then what did you observe or hear?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, then something, just right after this explosion, made me think that it was a firecracker being thrown from the Texas Book Store. And I glanced up. And this man that I saw previous was aiming for his last shot.
Mr. BELIN. This man you saw previous? Which man are you talking about now?
Mr. BRENNAN. The man in the sixth story window.
Mr. BELIN. Would you describe just exactly what you saw when you saw him this last time?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to this right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit this mark, and then he disappeared. And, at the same moment, I was diving off of that firewall and to the right for bullet protection of this stone wall that is a little higher on the Houston side. [3H143-144]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:50:50 AM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2019, 02:45:39 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2019, 02:49:34 AM »
No, that's not what I mean.

Mr. BELIN. Then what did you observe or hear?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, then something, just right after this explosion, made me think that it was a firecracker being thrown from the Texas Book Store. And I glanced up. And this man that I saw previous was aiming for his last shot.
Mr. BELIN. This man you saw previous? Which man are you talking about now?
Mr. BRENNAN. The man in the sixth story window.
Mr. BELIN. Would you describe just exactly what you saw when you saw him this last time?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to this right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit this mark, and then he disappeared. And, at the same moment, I was diving off of that firewall and to the right for bullet protection of this stone wall that is a little higher on the Houston side. [3H143-144]

Did Brennan ever say he went inside the Depository because if you weren't familiar with the inside of the building then anything could "appear" possible. The photo that Charles posted shows how low the window sill is.

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2019, 04:12:28 AM »
Did Brennan ever say he went inside the Depository because if you weren't familiar with the inside of the building then anything could "appear" possible. The photo that Charles posted shows how low the window sill is.

JohnM

From Brennan's position would it be possible for Brennan to see a sitting man from his belt up?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2019, 04:12:28 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2019, 04:40:54 AM »
From Brennan's position would it be possible for Brennan to see a sitting man from his belt up?

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

JohnM
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:41:27 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »
Brennan is not a witness Belin would want to put on the stand for the simple reason that the more the investigation went on the more Brennan became a hostile witness and totally useless

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2019, 05:22:03 AM »
Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

JohnM

So, sitting on the window sill satisfies this requirement. Seems reasonable. Is there a problem with the window opening far enough? Would the window need to be fully raised to allow this or was it still low when this occurred?