Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: “Passion for Truth”  (Read 1249 times)

Online Charles Collins

“Passion for Truth”
« on: January 07, 2024, 02:33:49 AM »
Advertisement
Arlen Spector’s book “Passion for Truth” was published about 22-years ago. I found a copy recently and am in the process of reading it. The section about his experiences on the Warren Commission is a good read (as are the other parts that I have read). Anyway, I just want to relate part of one of his subjects (near the end of the section on the Warren Commission) which includes some of his responses to Oliver Stone’s movie JFK. Spector writes that he almost sued Oliver Stone for libel. He felt that he had a good case against Stone but decided not to pursue it because he was too busy with other things that were more important to him than suing Stone. However, his next response is remarkable. As a senator, he co-sponsored the legislation that created the Assassinations Review Board. The CT crowd likes to counter criticism of Stone’s JFK movie by stating that it helped to inspire the creation of the ARB. And I suppose that is true. However, I have never seen one of the CT crowd ever state that Arlen Specter was a co-sponsor of that legislation. I think that this shows a lot of integrity on Specter’s part. Also, a lot of confidence from Specter in the work of the Warren Commission. I think that anyone who values the truth would likely be inspired by Specter’s actions.

JFK Assassination Forum

“Passion for Truth”
« on: January 07, 2024, 02:33:49 AM »