Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Rifle Capability  (Read 20705 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Oswald's Rifle Capability
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »
Advertisement
I've already mentioned that she did...further noting that Marina stated at first.....she had never seen OSWALD practice with his rifle or any other firearm and he had never told her that he was going to practice.     (Warren Commission Hearings, vol.22, p.763 [Commission Exhibit 1401])
She did not recall that he [Oswald] ever practiced firing the rifle either in New Orleans or in Dallas. She does not think he did practice in New Orleans because as a rule he stayed home when he was not working. When he did go out, she did not see him take the rifle.     (ibid., p.778 [Commission Exhibit 1403])
She said that she never saw Lee going out or coming in to the house with a rifle and that he never mentioned to her doing any practice with a rifle. (Warren Commission Hearings, vol.23, p.393 [Commission Exhibit 1785])
However..when she testified before the Commission-a different tune was sung as we saw in an earlier post.

Apparently if she didn't see him take the rifle out it was because he always got to the door before calling to her that he was going out, according to her. I recall her saying that she suspected he was taking the rifle with him at those times.

It that differs from her testimony 15 years later, then those later pronouncements may have been influenced by what I understand to be a change of heart as to whether she thought him guilty.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:35:41 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »

When the two large fragments recovered from the limo and the bullet found on Connally's stretcher at Parkland were matched to that rifle.
Take a look at the fragments....  The width of the groove on the copper jacket measures 1.5mm across.....The lands in the rifling of a Mannlicher Carcano barrel measure 2 mm across...  This bullet was NOT fired from a Mannlicher Carcano.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=Walt+Cakebread

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »
Apparently if she didn't see him take the rifle out it was because he always got to the door before calling to her that he was going out, according to her. I recall her saying that she suspected he was taking the rifle with him at those times.

It that differs from her testimony 15 years later, then those later pronouncements may have been influenced by what I understand to be a change of heart as to whether she thought him guilty.

And she never said she saw him coming back in with a rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2019, 09:13:43 PM »
And she never said she saw him coming back in with a rifle.

Which fits with an intent to conceal the rifle from her, if what Marina suspected was true.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:28:28 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »
Take a look at the fragments....  The width of the groove on the copper jacket measures 1.5mm across.....The lands in the rifling of a Mannlicher Carcano barrel measure 2 mm across...  This bullet was NOT fired from a Mannlicher Carcano.

Why is everybody so afraid to measure the width of the groove?.... I've sent PM to many members requesting that they use the scale and measure the width of the groove, but nobody has posted any reply.... Why??   This isn't rocket science....Even an elementary school student can use a ruler.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2019, 01:09:06 AM »
Which fits with an intent to **conceal the rifle** from her, if what Marina suspected was true.
** Easily** ...He cleverly shoved it down his pants just like he did when he took it into the TSBD  ::)

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 06:05:08 PM »

Mr. SPECTER. What did you think it was when you first saw it?
Mr. EUINS. I thought it was a piece of pipe or something sticking out the window.
Mr. SPECTER. Did it look like it was a piece of metal to you?
Mr. EUINS. Yes, sir; just a little round piece of pipe.
Mr. SPECTER. About an inch in diameter, would you say?
Mr. EUINS. Yes, sir.
Mr. SPECTER. And how long was the piece of pipe that you saw?
Mr. EUINS. It was sticking out about that much.
Mr. SPECTER. About 14 or 15 inches?
Mr. EUINS. Yes, sir. And then after I seen it sticking out, after awhile, that is when I heard the shot, and everybody started looking around.
Mr. SPECTER. At that time, Amos, did you see anything besides the end of the pipe?
Mr. EUINS. No, sir.
Mr. SPECTER. For example, you didn't see anything about a stock or any other part of the rifle?
Mr. EUINS. No, sir
Mr. SPECTER. How many shots did you hear altogether?
Mr. EUINS. I believe there was four, to be exact.
Mr. SPECTER - How many shots did you hear?
Mr. WORRELL - Four.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you observe anything at about that time?
Mr. WORRELL - Yes, sir, I looked up and saw the rifle, but I would say about 6 inches of it.
......  Well, as I said on the third shot I was looking up and pivoting and turning to run at the same time. When I got here I heard the fourth shot.
A clue that the rifle that was found was not the same rifle that was sticking out the window. I only see 4 inches of barrel on the MC before the wooden stock.
James Worrells gave a lengthy testimony of a man he saw run out the back door of the TSBD....wearing a sport jacket ... running north on Houston and then east on Pacific.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 06:05:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
A clue that the rifle that was found was not the same rifle that was sticking out the window. I only see 4 inches of barrel on the MC before the wooden stock.
James Worrells gave a lengthy testimony of a man he saw run out the back door of the TSBD....wearing a sport jacket ... running north on Houston and then east on Pacific.

No assassin in his right mind would risk running away from the scene....Nothing would drawn attention to him quicker than running away.....   If there had been a shooter in the TSBD ( which there wasn't) he would NOT have dashed away from the scene...