Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Jon Banks and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Author Topic: Was George HW Bush employed by the CIA on 11/22/63? Does it matter?  (Read 913 times)

Online Jon Banks

Officially, George HW Bush didn't work for the CIA until he became the CIA Director during the Gerald Ford Administration.

However, there's some evidence that he worked "with" or "for" the CIA years prior to becoming CIA director.

- Zapata Oil
Bush started the company in 1953 with CIA officer Thomas Devine

- FBI-CIA memo on the JFK assassination aftermath
http://deepstateblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/JEH-re-GHWB-112963.pdf

No one has ever confirmed that the "George Bush" referenced in Hoover's memo was the future President. However, it has all but been ruled out that low-level CIA employee, George William Bush could've been the person referenced in the Memo.

George HW Bush may have been cagey about his early work with the CIA for several reasons. The CIA did a lot of things abroad in the 1950's and 1960's (ie coups, assassinations, LSD tests, etc) that could ruin his political aspirations if he were connected to any of it. I think this history matters because if true, it paints a clearer picture of how the CIA operates. I'm not convinced that Bush's secrecy over his background with the CIA had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination...

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Was George HW Bush employed by the CIA on 11/22/63? Does it matter?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:40:05 AM »
You ask if it matters. Is not a better question whether it can be further developed?
The owners of the media are owned. This week they are fawning all over themselves,
even praising his public CIA tenure, loved by the Langley staff 21 years later as the new HQ
building was dedicated in his name.

After 15 years and expending a small fortune assisted by the rare experienced legal counsel in this
specialized niche.... the same attorney who represent Weissberg, Jeff Morley has been blocked at
every turn by Judge Richard Leon, minority counsel in 1992 who shut down the October Surprise reinvestigation.

I presume you know closer to the truth is a POTUS appointed by Nixon was alerted by his
handpicked, unelected V.P. Rockefeller that his cover up Op presented as a Commission to
examine the work product of the investigative body in the Senate led by Sen. Frank Church required
more distorting, discrediting, and disappearing than V.P. Rocky expected he could perform.

On CNN the universal description of this is that Bush turned around a demoralized agency,
How do you expect to go up against that? The vulnerable flaws in the veneer seem to be the
DeMohrenschildt, Devine, Dryer, Macomber dynamic.

Pick lower hanging fruit unless you are indifferent as to realistic likelihood of learning anything you
can prove, or you are indifferent to the impression you might make on reasonable people.

Or in the opposite alternative, declare that the BOP associated ship renamed Barbara J had any actual link to Bush.

Joe McBride took the Bush memo as far as it will impact, 30 years ago. Does that influence you at all to choose
a different tree?

Bush was a Bonesman, no more than 15 added per year, only males invited until 30 years ago,
They are influenced to never confess, or even explain.

That is the foundation for presenting his verfiable, grave shortcomings as far as what he owed to his countrymen
VS what he actually communicated.

I follow my own advice and cannot even spur a discussion. My presentation is not entertaining but it is solid.

I believe I succeed in fashioning Bush as unreasonable and dishonest, not even knowing right from wrong.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1429.0.html
Bush 2007 Ford Eulogy CT Taunts vs His Actual Knowledge & involved Acquaintances

You are not presenting anything new or, if McBride's then cutting edge research circa 30 years ago is an indication,
anything not too high up in the tree to ever reach and pick. BYP redux.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:58:09 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 06:16:15 AM »
BTW, did you know Tom Devine was in a wildcat investment near Bush in Midland in the early 50s in a
partnership with a cousin of David KA Bruce and the partner cousin was newly married in the Baltimore
area to Jackie's best friend, Jesse Leigh Hunt?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/427868/albert-cabell-bruce
Albert Cabell Bruce, Jr. 1925 - 1985

At their wedding in big profile were male and female Iglehart
siblings. Ann Iglehart was CIA operating as a coldwar NOC in Germany. Her spouse was a CIA agent of Jonathan
Bush's Yale class. Frank Feldher Sommers is the name I recall....I will post the Iglehart obit.

The editor at Harper's, Evan Thomas, who handled author William Manchester had a niece, Rebekkah Thomas, who went to Frankfurt in 1959 to visit Ann and Frank, even though the CIA sent them there.

Jackie's friend Jesse had three or four kids with the Tom Devine partner, divorced, and by 1975 was living on
a Greek Island with a new spouse, Clem Wood, editor at the time of the Paris review....the ties between Jackie,
Devine, and his Paris Review veteran investment partner, John Train run deep. Plimpton was with Train in 1953
at Paris Review in Paris, and at the Ambassador Hotel when RFK was shot.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/05/obituaries/clement-biddle-wood-jr-69-novelist-and-paris-review-editor.html
Clement Biddle Wood Jr., 69, Novelist and Paris Review Editor
DEC. 5, 1994
….Mr. Wood's second book, "Ocean Vu, Jog to Beach," was published in 1988 by St. Martin's Press.
George Plimpton, the editor of the Paris Review, said Mr. Wood had served as a sort of international editor of the literary magazine.
Mr. Wood was at work on a biography of Irwin Shaw, one of his literary influences, when he died.
He is survived by his second wife, Jessie Leigh-Hunt Bruce and by four children from his first marriage: a daughter, Marion Covey, of Chicago; and three sons, Clement and Alexander, of Manhattan, and Willard of Seattle.....

A.C. Bruce Jr., Cousin of Envoy to France, Marries Jessie Leigh Hunt ...
https://www.nytimes.com/.../ac-bruce-jr-cousin-of-envoy-to-france-marries-jessie-leigh-...
In the Protestant Episcopal Church of the Epiphany here yesterday afternoon, Miss Jessie Leigh Hunt, daughter of Henry Leigh Hunt of Las Vegas, Nev., and ...

JFK seemed to have no real friends. Bradlee??? CIA in Paris. Bartlett? A Jupiter Island boy as close
to Prescott Bush and Cord Meyer as he was to JFK. Smathers? Fuggetaboutit…..

wing sommers, a banker, is married in capital to ro blake jr., a diplomat
https://www.nytimes.com/.../wing-sommers-a-banker-is-married-in-capital-to-r-o-blake-j...
Jan 17, 1988 - The marriage of Anne Wing Sommers, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank ... Her father is a retired officer of the Central Intelligence Agency. ... of the late Mr. and Mrs. Iredell Waddell Iglehart of Baltimore, and of the late Mr. and ...

Mildred A. NigroWorked in food serviceMass of ... - Baltimore Sun
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-03-22/news/1992082060_1_nigro-sommers-mawr
Anne I. Sommers
Worked at the CIA
A memorial service for Anne Iglehart Sommers, a Baltimore native and former CIA employee, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Christ Church of Georgetown in Washington.
Mrs. Sommers died Friday at her home in Chevy Chase of lung cancer. She was 63.
In the early 1950s, she was a CIA operations officer for East Germany for two years. In May 1953, she married Frank Feldher Sommers, a CIA officer. They lived in Frankfurt, Germany; Vienna, Austria; Bern, Switzerland; and Vientiane, Laos.
Mrs. Sommers served on embassy committees and school boards in each of these cities.
From 1981 to 1991, she was an administrative assistant at the International Management and Development Institute, a non-profit group in Washington that worked with Fortune 500 companies and major corporations abroad.
Mrs. Sommers attended the Calvert and Bryn Mawr schools in Baltimore and graduated from Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, Pa.
She is survived by her husband; two daughters, Wing Sommers Blake of Washington and Jane Walker Sommers-Kelly of Fountainebleau, France; two sons, Frank Feldher Sommers IV of San Francisco and Alexander Robinson Sommers of Cheshire, Conn.; a sister, Alice I. McAdams of Spruce Head, Maine; a brother, Iredell W. Iglehart of Baltimore; and a grandson.

Mar 22, 1992 - A memorial service for Anne Iglehart Sommers, a Baltimore native and former CIA employee, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Christ Church of ...
OBITUARIES - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/.../2b48f5fb-b617-48de-8f29-f7cdf6c5e684...

Mar 23, 1992 - Anne Iglehart Sommers, 63, who had been an administrative aide with the ... came to the Washington area in the early 1950s, was a native of Baltimore. ... In 1953 she married Frank Feldher Sommers, also a CIA officer, and ...

BTW, the Sommers' daughter Wing married the daughter of Joseph Blake and another close friend of Jackie,
Sylvia Whitehouse Blake. Her brother Charles Whitehouse was CIA before transitioning to State.
Whitehouse was US Ambassador in Laos in 1975, Frank Feldher Sommers was serving in Laos at the
same time. The UK ambassador at the time was married to a woman named McAtee, best friend of Priscilla
Mcmillan. The two couples were still seeing each other at Frogs Island, SC in 1980.

Alan Davidson (food writer) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Davidson_(food_writer)

Alan Eaton Davidson CMG (30 March 1924 – 2 December 2003) was a British diplomat and ... He was a noted expert on Lao cuisine, which he introduced to the West through his two books, Traditional Recipes of Laos, and Fish and Fish …

https://www.nytimes.com/1951/07/29/archives/jane-macatee-wed-to-embassy-aide-married-in-washington-church-to.html

Wing Sommers marriage to the Blake Whitehouse son eventually ended. He followed his father, Robert O Blake,
a Whittier native literally devoted to Nixon, into the State Dept and progressed to one of Hillary's top deputy
secretaries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_O._Blake_Jr.

Robert Orris Blake Jr. (born 1957) is a career diplomat and the former U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia. He formerly served as the Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs from 2009 to 2013 and U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives from 2006 to 2009.[1]

He is the son of Robert O. Blake, retired U.S. Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary.....

Ex wife Wing Sommers Blake progressed to a long relationship with this fellow Alistair, Andover alumni rather close
to McCloy, Jr. and formerly married to granddaughter of Farish no. 2 at Standard Oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_C._Teagle
Walter Clark Teagle (May 1, 1878 – January 9, 1962) was president of Standard Oil Company of New Jersey from 1917 to 1937 and was chairman of the board from 1937 to 1942.[1][2] He was responsible for leading Standard Oil to the forefront of the oil industry and significantly expanding the company's presence in the petrochemical field. In 1923, Cornell University announced that Teagle was their highest salaried alumnus. He served as vice president of the Cornell Club of New York and on a variety of committees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stamps_Farish_II

William Stamps Farish II (February 23, 1881 – November 29, 1942) was a pioneer in East Texas oilfield development, president of Standard Oil and a founding member and president of the American Petroleum Institute. He was a member of the influential Farish family.

Jay Teagle and Alastair Keith, Banker, Are Married in Church in Palm ...
https://www.nytimes.com/.../jay-teagle-and-alastair-keith-banker-are-married-in-church-i...
May 1, 1983 - Brenda Teagle Essex was matron of honor for her sister. John J. McCloy 2d served as best man. Mrs. Keith, who is known as Jay, graduated …

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/05/01/style/jay-teagle-and-alastair-keith-banker-are-married-in-church-in-palm-beach.html
Jayne Will Teagle, daughter of Mrs. Page W. Smith of Palm Beach, Fla. and the late Walter C. Teagle Jr., of Locust Valley, L.I., was married yesterday to Alastair James Keith, son of Lord Keith of Castleacre, Norfolk, and Lady Ariel Keith of London. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Ralph Warren Jr. at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach.
Farish son who fathered close Bush friend Will Farish III, host of THE Queen as his overnight guest in Kentucky
horse breeding country, was in the wedding party of Devine's later to be father in law, Samuel Wynn mills, in 1937

The McAtee friend of Priscilla was the niece of Jinx Falkenberg wife of Bonesman Tex McCrary. They lived immed.
post WWII in a bungalow on Jock Whitney's estate until after Whitney died and Jinx, divorced from McCrary by
then, was evicted by Whitney's widow. The Whitney estate was almost in shouting distance from Priscilla's
father's place in Glen Head, where Svetlana was later detained by security paid by Harpers'

The head of Harpers, Cass Canfield employed Evan Thomas and edited two Allen Dulles books. Jackie's
sister married Canfield's "son" Michael in 1953

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:27:43 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 10:36:36 AM »
I heard that when GHW Bush went through hearings to become CIA director, he denied any prior connections.

I never knew about this "Thomas Devine", I will read up on that.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »
You ask if it matters. Is not a better question whether it can be further developed?
The owners of the media are owned. This week they are fawning all over themselves,
even praising his public CIA tenure, loved by the Langley staff 21 years later as the new HQ
building was dedicated in his name.

After 15 years and expending a small fortune assisted by the rare experienced legal counsel in this
specialized niche.... the same attorney who represent Weissberg, Jeff Morley has been blocked at
every turn by Judge Richard Leon, minority counsel in 1992 who shut down the October Surprise reinvestigation.

I presume you know closer to the truth is a POTUS appointed by Nixon was alerted by his
handpicked, unelected V.P. Rockefeller that his cover up Op presented as a Commission to
examine the work product of the investigative body in the Senate led by Sen. Frank Church required
more distorting, discrediting, and disappearing than V.P. Rocky expected he could perform.

On CNN the universal description of this is that Bush turned around a demoralized agency,
How do you expect to go up against that? The vulnerable flaws in the veneer seem to be the
DeMohrenschildt, Devine, Dryer, Macomber dynamic.

Pick lower hanging fruit unless you are indifferent as to realistic likelihood of learning anything you
can prove, or you are indifferent to the impression you might make on reasonable people.

Or in the opposite alternative, declare that the BOP associated ship renamed Barbara J had any actual link to Bush.

Joe McBride took the Bush memo as far as it will impact, 30 years ago. Does that influence you at all to choose
a different tree?

Bush was a Bonesman, no more than 15 added per year, only males invited until 30 years ago,
They are influenced to never confess, or even explain.

That is the foundation for presenting his verfiable, grave shortcomings as far as what he owed to his countrymen
VS what he actually communicated.

I follow my own advice and cannot even spur a discussion. My presentation is not entertaining but it is solid.

I believe I succeed in fashioning Bush as unreasonable and dishonest, not even knowing right from wrong.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1429.0.html
Bush 2007 Ford Eulogy CT Taunts vs His Actual Knowledge & involved Acquaintances

You are not presenting anything new or, if McBride's then cutting edge research circa 30 years ago is an indication,
anything not too high up in the tree to ever reach and pick. BYP redux.

He knew right form wrong...   Somewhere, I recall reading that George HW Bush said..." If the American people knew what we have done, we would all be in prison."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »

He knew right form wrong...   Somewhere, I recall reading that George HW Bush said..." If the American people knew what we have done, we would all be in prison."

Firstly, the quote was not about the assassination, it was about Iran-Contra affair, also referred to as Irangate, Contragate or the Iran–Contra scandal.

Secondly, the quote did not contain the word 'prison', although plenty of members of Reagan administration officials were eventually indicted (to the tune of 200 or so) and did time, To this day, the GOP continues to crap on America. No wonder they continue to be referred to as The Stupid Party

LOL

https://meagainstiniquity.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/george-herbert-walker-bush-sarah-if-the-american-people-ever-find-out-what-we-have-done-they-would-chase-us-down-the-street-and-lynch-us-that-is-a-famous-1992-quote-by-george-herbert-walker/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:32:44 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
Somewhere, I recall reading that George HW Bush said..." If the American people knew what we have done, we would all be in prison."
“Sarah, if the American people ever find out what we have done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us.”
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/04/03/1199001/-Jeb-Bush-Oliver-North-and-the-Murder-of-CIA-Drug-Smuggler-Barry-Seal-in-1986

Offline Mark Wengler

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »
The thing is this Bay of pigs was called operation Zapata Bush's oil company was called Zapata oil. Two of the ships used was called Huston. where Bush lived. The other was called Barbara . Bush's wife.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:46 PM »
The thing is this Bay of pigs was called operation Zapata Bush's oil company was called Zapata oil. Two of the ships used was called Huston. where Bush lived. The other was called Barbara . Bush's wife.

Worst Spy ever if Bush chose those names for those Covert things

Online Joe Elliott

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:53:55 AM »

Questions:

Did any CTers, like Mark Lane, mention George H. W. Bush as taking part in the assassination before he was appointed the CIA Director?

What is the earliest mention of a CT author of Bush’s possible involvement?

Did this only start after he was made the CIA Director? After he became Vice President? After he became President?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:53:55 AM »