Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Mystery of the Roll Call  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Colin Crow

The Mystery of the Roll Call
« on: June 20, 2018, 06:57:34 AM »
Advertisement
Most will know that there has been much debate about whether a "roll call" was conducted in the TSBD (or how it was conducted) some time after the shots. It would appear that shortly after the rifle was found on the 6th floor Roy Truly arrived there and informed Will Fritz that employee Lee Oswald was "missing".

We also know that a number of employees were taken to the police dept. for questioning before Oswald was brought into the DPD. These employees were Bill Shelley, Billy Lovelady, Bonnie Ray Williams, Charles Givens, Danny Arce and Jack Dougherty. I have always been interested why these individuals were specifically selected. One might assume that membership of the "floor laying crew" was the factor but Dougherty was not part of that group. In reading reports from various officers I came across the following from Detective Senkel.

As you can see Senkel was advised by Fritz to take the employees who had been on the 6th floor that day to City Hall. Now we have the criteria used "those that worked on the 6th floor", thus Dougherty is included. The sequence of events place Senkel on the 6th floor just before the hulls are found. Fritz, Sims and Boyd arrive and Fritz instructs Senkel to identify and take those workers who were on the 6th floor that day to City Hall.

This would appear to be after 1.20pm or so. Senkel then would need to find out who had been on the 6th floor and arrange for their transfer. Senkel got the information from who? Pictures (and movies) of the removal of Shelley, Williams and Arce and their placing in a squad car are available. One might suggest Roy Truly as the person Senkel spoke with, or perhaps it was Shelley. Once the list was compiled those in the group would need to be identified and assembled. Was it at this time that the "roll call" occurred? Maybe around 1.30-1.40pm. Did Truly (or Shelley)mention Oswald as one who should be included? Was it around this time that Truly relays the information to Fritz? Day was processing the rifle on the 6th floor and so it had to be before 2pm. Also Detective Potts arrived at HQ at 2pm and was taking statements from Arce and Dougherty at HQ when Oswald was brought in.

Was this exercise the "roll call"?

We all know Givens was also not present when this occurred. The other person who fit the "worked on the 6th floor that morning" was Buell Frazier. Had he left the building by the time, not been identified or identified himself as being part of the group. So in effect there were three candidates that Truly could have told Fritz about. Oswald, Givens and Frazier.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:59:12 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

The Mystery of the Roll Call
« on: June 20, 2018, 06:57:34 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

Re: The Mystery of the Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:57 AM »
Yawn.

Is there a point to all this ?

Truly was mysteriously and unjustifiably trying to draw attention to Saint Oz ?

Is that it ?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »
Yawn.

Is there a point to all this ?

Truly was mysteriously and unjustifiably trying to draw attention to Saint Oz ?

Is that it ?

Just trying to put some chronology to all this Howard. Do you disagree with anything I posted so far?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:30:50 AM »
Now that you've established the chronology, where are you going with this ?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
Now that you've established the chronology, where are you going with this ?

I will take your lack of response to my question to indicate you don?t disagree.

Where are we going with this? I have no idea Howard....it?s called discovery, like other threads I have posted in I find some information and post for others to comment/build on. Let?s see where it leads, I hope others can contribute to build on our understanding of the sequence of events.

Is that ok with you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 11:08:47 AM »
I will take your lack of response to my question to indicate you don?t disagree.

Where are we going with this? I have no idea Howard....it?s called discovery, like other threads I have posted in I find some information and post for others to comment/build on. Let?s see where it leads, I hope others can contribute to build on our understanding of the sequence of events.

Is that ok with you?

Sure Colin, it's fine with me.

I just thought there might have been a purpose to your post.

I thought you were going to build on the chronology and discovery and take it somewhere in a thread you started.

I thought you were going somewhere with this.

Silly me.

Now that you've explained that you have no idea where this is going, I'm sorry I asked.

Is that ok with you ?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »
Sure Colin, it's fine with me.

I just thought there might have been a purpose to your post.

I thought you were going to build on the chronology and discovery and take it somewhere in a thread you started.

I thought you were going somewhere with this.

Silly me.

Now that you've explained that you have no idea where this is going, I'm sorry I asked.

Is that ok with you ?

I have no idea where it will lead other than hopefully a better understanding of events....that?s why I am here.

You might recall that many CTs deny a roll call ever occurred, I am using contemporaneous reports to suggest a means how and why such an event could have evolved.

It?s ok with me that you?re sorry you asked. Maybe reflect on why you did.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
Are you sure you don't have a point to make regarding 'the mysterious roll call' ?

Was kinda hoping for another epic 'bags and bones' type thread. Maybe even a 'studebaker created 142' bonanza.