Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342895 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2648 on: May 20, 2022, 01:05:32 PM »
Advertisement
"Exactly" what?

Who's to say the Hertz clock represents "real" time? We don’t know how or when it was calibrated.

We have four independent sources confirming that the minute of the assassination was 12:30pm.

You don’t know that they’re independent. For all you know, the channel two dispatcher set his clock to match the Hertz clock that morning and that Powers looked at the Hertz clock and misremembered it at looking at his watch. Greer is hearsay.

Besides, the 4 independent sources confirming that Tippit was shot several minutes before 1:15 don’t seem to impress the WC faithful, so why would this?

Then it is important to establish that channel 1 and channel 2 are synchronised with each other.
After the 12:44pm timestamp [channel 2], Sawyer gives the first description of the suspect. Both dispatchers immediately broadcast this description givng the same details Sawyer provided but with slightly different wording.
Both dispatchers finish their descriptions with a timestamp - 12:45pm.

Once again, I am confident you will agree this is an unequivocal example of both channels being synched together.

Not even a little bit. Just because they both announce a description doesn’t mean both did it immediately or at the same “real” time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:09:02 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2648 on: May 20, 2022, 01:05:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2649 on: May 20, 2022, 01:18:41 PM »
By the way, it has been claimed elsewhere that the “attention all squads” announcement was a single announcement given by a single dispatcher over both police channels. If that’s true, then the time check only reflects a single dispatcher’s clock. But then that doesn’t explain why the wordings aren’t identical in the transcripts.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #2650 on: May 20, 2022, 05:58:54 PM »
Who's to say the Hertz clock represents "real" time? We don’t know how or when it was calibrated.

What is "real" time in this instance?
What is the source that all clocks and watches should be measured against.

The best I can offer is when four independent sources confirm the time of the assassination as 12:30pm we can safely assume this is indeed "real" time.

You don’t know that they’re independent. For all you know, the channel two dispatcher set his clock to match the Hertz clock that morning and that Powers looked at the Hertz clock and misremembered it at looking at his watch. Greer is hearsay.

I present a solid argument for synchronising the timestamp of the DP tapes with "real" time, backed up with multiple evidence and all you can do is offer up is these half-baked fantasies? It's beyond desperate.
Why not just say that I don't know if Powers, Greer and the dispatchers met up at the TSBD before everyone else was awake and all set their watches/clocks to the Hertz clock?
I can't prove that didn't happen.
Does this ridiculous fantasy cast doubt on whether these are independent sources?
Only in your mind.

The problem you have is that these four independent time "sources" corroborate each other. I am confident it's something that would be accepted as solid evidence by anyone with a grain of common sense.

Besides, the 4 independent sources confirming that Tippit was shot several minutes before 1:15 don’t seem to impress the WC faithful, so why would this?

This argument is so weak you should be embarrassed.

Not even a little bit. Just because they both announce a description doesn’t mean both did it immediately or at the same “real” time.

The point was about synchronising the two channels with each other.
Nothing to do with "real" time.
Both dispatchers finish their descriptions with the timestamp 12:45(pm) confirming, beyond doubt, that channels 1 and 2 are synchronised at this point.
Your misrepresentation of this point once again reflects a certain desperation on your part.
It is unequivocal that both channels are synchronised at this point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2650 on: May 20, 2022, 05:58:54 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #2651 on: May 20, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »
By the way, it has been claimed elsewhere that the “attention all squads” announcement was a single announcement given by a single dispatcher over both police channels. If that’s true, then the time check only reflects a single dispatcher’s clock.

You, of all people, coming up with a phrase like "it has been claimed elsewhere".

Cite please

But then that doesn’t explain why the wordings aren’t identical in the transcripts.

Maybe you shouldn't bother with the cite as you've immediately gone on to destroy the doubt you were desperately trying to cast.
The reason the wording of each call is completely different is because it's two different dispatchers.
Anyone with a grain of common sense can see that.

What was the point of your post  ::)

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2652 on: May 20, 2022, 08:13:59 PM »
What is the source that all clocks and watches should be measured against.

The best I can offer is when four independent sources confirm the time of the assassination as 12:30pm we can safely assume this is indeed "real" time.

I present a solid argument for synchronising the timestamp of the DP tapes with "real" time, backed up with multiple evidence and all you can do is offer up is these half-baked fantasies? It's beyond desperate.
Why not just say that I don't know if Powers, Greer and the dispatchers met up at the TSBD before everyone else was awake and all set their watches/clocks to the Hertz clock?
Does this ridiculous fantasy cast doubt on whether these are independent sources?
Only in your mind.

The problem you have is that these four independent time "sources" corroborate each other. I am confident it's something that would be accepted as solid evidence by anyone with a grain of common sense.

Both dispatchers finish their descriptions with the timestamp 12:45(pm) confirming, beyond doubt, that channels 1 and 2 are synchronised at this point.
Your misrepresentation of this point once again reflects a certain desperation on your part.
It is unequivocal that both channels are synchronised at this point.

Someone who lived in Dallas has said that a large percentage of Dallasites used the clock on top of the TSBD to check their wrist watches each day as they drove to work.    That seems like a very real possibility ......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2652 on: May 20, 2022, 08:13:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2653 on: May 20, 2022, 09:29:58 PM »

Real time in this context would be the precise time according to the USNO master clock or its equivalent.

Agreed that this is the best you can offer, but it doesn't demonstrate that they are actually independent.  Or correct.

You think all of your arguments are solid.  I agree that the Hertz clock visible in the McIntyre photo appears to show 12:30 when the motorcade is going through the underpass.  What we don't know is how accurate the Hertz clock was.

Only in your mind.

You don't know what you don't know.

The problem you have is that these four independent time "sources" corroborate each other.

That's not a "problem" for me.  I'm not attached to any particular outcome  -- I just expect truth claims to be proven.  At best, you can assert that the Hertz clock is close to what the channel 2 dispatcher announced the time as on the extant recordings (assuming they are authentic and haven't been edited in the relevant timeframe).  But that doesn't tell you that these times are correct.  Or that they are any help with determining the actual time of the Tippit shooting.

I too applaud your efforts to look for a way to reliably synchronize the dispatcher time announcements.  I just don't think you have found one yet that doesn't depend on handwaving.

I am confident it's something that would be accepted as solid evidence by anyone with a grain of common sense.

"Common sense" is what people appeal to when they don't have evidence.

It's not an argument, but it does point out how much special pleading goes on here.  Do you accept the "four independent sources" argument of people's memories about what their watches said as solid evidence of accuracy or not?

No, that doesn't confirm a damn thing unless you can demonstrate that the two announcements occurred at the same time as each other.

What misrepresentation?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:43:26 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2654 on: May 20, 2022, 09:38:27 PM »
You, of all people, coming up with a phrase like "it has been claimed elsewhere".

Cite please

Facebook discussion group called "J. D. Tippit: Searching For The Truth".  A gadfly named Frederic James.  But this is more attention than he deserves.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403553303608257/posts/1062905751006339

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2654 on: May 20, 2022, 09:38:27 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2655 on: May 21, 2022, 12:04:28 AM »
Facebook discussion group called "J. D. Tippit: Searching For The Truth".  A gadfly named Frederic James.  But this is more attention than he deserves.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403553303608257/posts/1062905751006339

I've never heard of the group..... But if they can't smell that the official story of JD Tippit's murder reeks of bovine excrement, then they have to have heads tucked away where their olfactory glands are occluded.

They do not need to be "searching for the truth"......  If they simply look at the FACTS....

I'll list just a couple of the FACTS....

1)   Lee Oswald would have been coated with gunpowder residue if he had fired four or five shots from that worn out, and modified  S&W pistol with the sawed off barrel, that's a fact..... and it is a FACT that Lee had  no gunpowder residue on him when he was checked at the Dallas police station. 

2) It is a fact that all of the witnesses who saw Tippit's killer leaving the scene swore that the killer removed the spent shells from the pistol ONE SHELL AT A TIME   Since this is a FACT  the killer could not have been unloading a S&W revolver because the S&W revolver dumps all six chambers at once and not one single spent shell at a time like a Ruger or a Colt,   Since the official story says that Lee Oswald had a S&W revolver in his possession when he was arrested at the Texas theater, and Tippit's killer was NOT firing a S&W.... Lee couldn't have been the killer..

A side note:.... The man who shot JD Tippit was a pretty good shot ( hitting Tippit four times in a vital area of the torso.)  That takes a a good shot with a good pistol.... And there's no evidence that Lee Oswald ever fired a revolver....and he most certainly couldn't have scored four shots in the vital area with that old worn out and modified S&W revolver. ( It's very doubtful that a good shot could have scored one hit in the vital area on JD Tippit, if he had been using that old worn out S&W)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:08:34 AM by Walt Cakebread »