Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 17457 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »
Advertisement
i know there is film , ive seen film and stills . i also know that what a lot of people think is actual footage or actual stills are in fact recreations at different points in the hours or even days after the event .

my point here was that weitzman obviously had more than a glance at that rifle . we know he still said it was a mauser i believe from memory up to about november 24 . this despite the tv news , radio and print media and the DPD now saying its a mauser . it is unfathomable to me that he saw , read or heard no news about the rifle that weekend or that one of his superiors or fellow detectives did not take him aside and tell he HE WAS WRONG , ITS A CARCANO . does any of this prove anything ? no , but it should make people think .

i also know that what a lot of people think is actual footage or actual stills are in fact recreations at different points in the hours or even days after the event .

Are you talking about the Alyea film being faked?
Some of the DPD crime scene shots were recreations due to the profoundly incompetent nature of the investigation but I've never heard that the footage taken by Alyea was faked.
Obviously there are stills taken by the DPD as part of the investigation and then there is the Alyea footage. They are completely different things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2023, 11:22:41 PM »
i know there is film , ive seen film and stills . i also know that what a lot of people think is actual footage or actual stills are in fact recreations at different points in the hours or even days after the event .

my point here was that weitzman obviously had more than a glance at that rifle . we know he still said it was a mauser i believe from memory up to about november 24 . this despite the tv news , radio and print media and the DPD now saying its a mauser . it is unfathomable to me that he saw , read or heard no news about the rifle that weekend or that one of his superiors or fellow detectives did not take him aside and tell he HE WAS WRONG , ITS A CARCANO . does any of this prove anything ? no , but it should make people think .

1.) The Alyea film was aired on WFAA at roughly 3 PM on November 22. It's pretty far fetched to think that they could have re-shot the rifle discovery and got it on air so quickly.

2.) Who said Weitzman was an expert in identifying weapons? He never claimed to be one. He also was a deputy Constable, not a detective. The primary role of the Constables office is to serve court documents and assume the role of bailiff forth the Justice of the Peace.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2023, 12:01:06 AM »
1.) The Alyea film was aired on WFAA at roughly 3 PM on November 22. It's pretty far fetched to think that they could have re-shot the rifle discovery and got it on air so quickly.

2.) Who said Weitzman was an expert in identifying weapons? He never claimed to be one. He also was a deputy Constable, not a detective. The primary role of the Constables office is to serve court documents and assume the role of bailiff forth the Justice of the Peace.

I just don't get why people are still talking about a Mauser.
Everyone knows about the Alyea footage and that it shows a Mannlicher Carcano not a Mauser.
It's a simple mistake. I just don't get how it can still be an issue.
It is one of the few aspects of this case for which we have actual footage regarding a piece of key evidence but it doesn't seem to be enough.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2023, 12:01:06 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2023, 02:56:11 AM »
The only way to vindicate Craig seeing a Mauser stamp at 1:06 pm would be to construct a very complicated coordinated “switch” plot.

It might be possible using the Deconstuctivist methodology , but it may cause stomach upset and some disorientation before you exit the building :)

Online Fergus O'Brien

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2023, 05:42:25 PM »
i never used the word fake nor did i even infer fake , i clearly said RECREATION . that was quite a leap .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2023, 05:42:25 PM »

Online Fergus O'Brien

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2023, 05:49:09 PM »
"2.) Who said Weitzman was an expert in identifying weapons? He never claimed to be one. He also was a deputy Constable, not a detective. The primary role of the Constables office is to serve court documents and assume the role of bailiff forth the Justice of the Peace. " mitch todd

sigh another one leaping and putting words in my mouth . to my knowledge i never used the word EXPERT to describe weitzman . i think i was pretty clear in what i did say .

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2023, 10:16:16 PM »
i never used the word fake nor did i even infer fake , i clearly said RECREATION . that was quite a leap .

You were being asked a question, that's all. There was no leap, just a request for clarification which I hoped could happen without any hysterics.
Just so I understand this correctly, you are insinuating that the Alyea footage involving the discovery of the rifle was staged?
Where are you getting this silly idea from?
Is it something you've heard about or is it a product of your own imagination?
Do you have any evidence that could support this insinuation?
Is it just a load of bollocks?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2023, 10:16:16 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2023, 01:56:20 AM »
"2.) Who said Weitzman was an expert in identifying weapons? He never claimed to be one. He also was a deputy Constable, not a detective. The primary role of the Constables office is to serve court documents and assume the role of bailiff forth the Justice of the Peace. " mitch todd

sigh another one leaping and putting words in my mouth . to my knowledge i never used the word EXPERT to describe weitzman . i think i was pretty clear in what i did say .
I didn't say you said that. My point was, and is, Weitzman wasn't any sort of firearms expert, and never claimed to be one. So there's no reason to hang on what he said about the rifle that day.