Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure  (Read 22931 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:40 AM »
Advertisement
That's not what I said.

Perhaps if you stopped trying to be vague and cryptic then maybe we could have a better chance of interpreting your posts, just saying.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:40 AM »

Offline John Mytton

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »
BELIN forgot to ask her.

Sure, it could have been any one of a thousand questions BELIN could have asked, but on the 22nd Roy Truly who is essentially the Texas School Book Depository Expert with decades of experience in that building....

Mr. TRULY. I went to work for the Texas School Book Depository in July 1934.
Mr. BELIN. And have you been employed by the Texas School Book Depository since that date, since July 1934?
Mr. TRULY. That is right.

.....confirms there were elevators operating just after the assassination.

Mr. TRULY. Well, I started around towards the stairway, and then I noted that this east elevator was there. So I told the officer, "Come on, here is an elevator," and then we ran down to the east side, and got on the east elevator.
Mr. BELIN. Could you put the letter "T" at the end of that line, please?
All right.
Now, where did you go with the east elevator, to what floor?
Mr. TRULY. We rode the east elevator to the seventh floor.

JohnM

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:15:16 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 08:46:29 AM »

No sinister power failure. I there was one at all.

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »

Sure, it could have been any one of a thousand questions BELIN could have asked, but on the 22nd Roy Truly who is essentially the Texas School Book Depository Expert with decades of experience in that building....

.....confirms there were elevators operating just after the assassination.

Mr. TRULY. Well, I started around towards the stairway, and then I noted that this east elevator was there. So I told the officer, "Come on, here is an elevator," and then we ran down to the east side, and got on the east elevator.
Mr. BELIN. Could you put the letter "T" at the end of that line, please?
All right.
Now, where did you go with the east elevator, to what floor?
Mr. TRULY. We rode the east elevator to the seventh floor.

JohnM

How convenient for his co conspirators Truly the KKK member takes the police past the floor where the cover up is taking place, and blocks the only lift which is not powered off in the building

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 12:32:32 PM »
Did Adams not know how to operate a passenger elevator?

Miss ADAMS - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Or a freight elevator?

Miss ADAMS - I tried to get the elevator to go to the fourth floor, but it wasn't operating, so the gentlemen lifted the elevator gate and we went out and ran up the stairs to the fourth floor.

And here is proof that someone was messing with the power switches, elevators not moving, phones not working, and torches required to search dues to no lights on the 6th, this is one hell of a guy our Oswald how in gods name did he accomplish so many tasks?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 01:38:22 PM »
Did Adams not know how to operate a passenger elevator?

Miss ADAMS - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Or a freight elevator?

Miss ADAMS - I tried to get the elevator to go to the fourth floor, but it wasn't operating, so the gentlemen lifted the elevator gate and we went out and ran up the stairs to the fourth floor.

Adams wasn't on the passenger elevator.  She pushed the button for it and it didn't come.  In the aftermath of the assassination the police were in the building using these very same elevators that you claim had no power (e.g. Sawyer takes the passenger elevator up and down around 12:36 with no problem).  There are multiple examples of both the passenger and freight elevators in operation at this time.  That means they had power.  Given the quirks of the freight elevators, it is plausible that gates were left opened, elevators were occupied or held by police on the upper floors, and some folks using them were unfamiliar with how they operated etc. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:50:05 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 01:38:22 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
Your short attention span has become a real problem to you. Repeat:

In the aftermath of the assassination the police were in the building using these very same elevators that you claim had no power.

I never claimed they had no power. That was reported by Mooney and Adams.

Given the quirks of the freight elevators, it is plausible that gates were left unopened, elevators were occupied or held by police on the upper floors, and some folks using them were unfamiliar with how they operated etc.

Unopened? I hope that's a typo or you have completely lost track of what's being discussed; Mooney was on that west elevator.

Your claims remain unsupported: Mooney said he used the controls and got to second. Adams worked in that building.

I don't follow what you are now babbling about.  Adams was not on the passenger elevator.  She pushed the button to call it but it apparently did not show up.  She did attribute this to a power cut but there is no indication why.  For example, how long did she wait?  It's not compelling or conclusive absent more details.  Yes, a typo.  I will change that for you if it makes you feel better.  In the rush to search the building, police were likely not to be concerned with elevator etiquette and may have left gates open etc.