Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: SURPLUS CARCANO MODEL 91 TS RIFLE 6.5X52MM - USED SURPLUS CONDITION  (Read 8615 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: SURPLUS CARCANO MODEL 91 TS RIFLE 6.5X52MM - USED SURPLUS CONDITION
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, I do believe that Lee created the silly rendition of a draft card.....   

I don't know WHY... But possibly he might have thought that he might need to show some ID that he was AJ Hidell, of the Fair Play For Cuba Committee, before he'd be allowed to pick up any mail from the FPFCC headquarters in NY.

I'm still not following your logic that Oswald intentionally made a bad forgery of the card. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:40 PM »
I'm still not following your logic that Oswald intentionally made a bad forgery of the card.

Simple....  Lee had used the name AJ Hidell as the president of the New Orleans chapter of the FPFCC ....

New York headquarters would very likely have wanted to know who they were dealing with in New Orleans....( A highly unlikely place to establish a FAIR PLAY FOR CUBA COMMITTEE )    Thus they probably would send any material by registered mail...and that would require an Identification and a signature at the PO.   Lee created that silly rendition of a "draft card" to identify himself as AJ Hidell.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2021, 03:42:27 AM »
Simple....  Lee had used the name AJ Hidell as the president of the New Orleans chapter of the FPFCC ....

Just because the FPCC card had "AJ Hidell" on it doesn't mean that Lee was using that as a name for himself and it didn't refer to somebody else.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2021, 03:42:27 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 03:43:31 AM »

New York headquarters would very likely have wanted to know who they were dealing with in New Orleans....( A highly unlikely place to establish a FAIR PLAY FOR CUBA COMMITTEE )    Thus they probably would send any material by registered mail...and that would require an Identification and a signature at the PO.   Lee created that silly rendition of a "draft card" to identify himself as AJ Hidell.

Are you suggesting then that Lee made this ID card in New Orleans?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm not asking what you think he used it for.  I'm asking why you indicated that Oswald created a fake ID card not to look like the real thing.  Typically, if someone is going to make a fake ID, they want it to look as authentic as possible.  That is the whole point.  Why would anyone create a fake ID to intentionally not make it look like the real thing and risk being caught for that reason?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2021, 05:13:11 PM »
Are you suggesting then that Lee made this ID card in New Orleans?

That's one possibility....   However he might have made it when he needed ID to pick up rifle at the P.O.

And Yes I do believe he ordered the rifle....Although since he didn't have the funds to purchase the rifle. I believe that De M bought the postal MO and sent the order off to Kleins.   

I have no problem accepting that Le filled out the order form and the rifle was sent to his PO box....Big Deal...   There was no plot to murder JFK at that time....  Lee and DeM ordered the rifle to use as a throw down gun at the Walker residence....And in fact it was used as a throw down gun ...but the cops never even looked for a weapon ....Because they smelled a publicity stunt being perpetrated but since Walker was a high profile citizen in Dallas they felt they had to act as though they were investigating the shooting.

I believe that it was the Walker hoax that set the stage for Lee to become the patsy in the coup d e'tat.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »
I'm not asking what you think he used it for.  I'm asking why you indicated that Oswald created a fake ID card not to look like the real thing.  Typically, if someone is going to make a fake ID, they want it to look as authentic as possible.  That is the whole point.  Why would anyone create a fake ID to intentionally not make it look like the real thing and risk being caught for that reason?

Typically, if someone is going to make a fake ID, they want it to look as authentic as possible.

For you information Mr "Smith" ....   Many of the investigators refer to that silly rendition as a "Selective Service Card....Clearly that card fooled many who should have known that it was not even close to an actual draft card.    Anybody who has ever carried a Draft card knows that a draft card does NOT have a photo on it.     Lee wanted that photo on that card so the viewer ( like a postal clerk) would know instantly that the bearer was in fact Alek James Hidell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2021, 09:25:58 PM »
That's one possibility....   However he might have made it when he needed ID to pick up rifle at the P.O.

Too bad there isn’t any evidence that Oswald (or anyone else) ever picked up any rifle at any P.O.

And Yes I do believe he ordered the rifle....Although since he didn't have the funds to purchase the rifle. I believe that De M bought the postal MO and sent the order off to Kleins.   

I have no problem accepting that Le filled out the order form and the rifle was sent to his PO box....Big Deal...   There was no plot to murder JFK at that time....  Lee and DeM ordered the rifle to use as a throw down gun at the Walker residence....And in fact it was used as a throw down gun ...but the cops never even looked for a weapon ....Because they smelled a publicity stunt being perpetrated but since Walker was a high profile citizen in Dallas they felt they had to act as though they were investigating the shooting.

I believe that it was the Walker hoax that set the stage for Lee to become the patsy in the coup d e'tat.

Cool story, bro!