Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?  (Read 13322 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »
Advertisement
The concept of " truthiness" seems to inform some of our members' posts. : )
I will say no more.
As to the rifle order, still waiting for info on USPO/USPS logistics in 1963 re: Dallas to Chicago mail delivery. I have no dog in this fight; it may well turn out that a letter posted on the morning of "Day 1" in Dallas could arrive on "Day 2" in Chicago. In 1963.
Answers?
Help?
Bueller?

"it may well turn out that a letter posted on the morning of "Day 1" in Dallas could arrive on "Day 2" in Chicago."

Yes, If the letter left Dallas in the am  it's feasible that Kleins received and processed the order the next day....  I believe that is feasible.

And since I believe that George De M, was the person who bought the money order and sent the order to Kleins, he certainly was not confined to a work place or a schedule. 

People can't seem to understand that the rifle was ordered about a month before the "attempt " to shoot General Walker and it's insane to believe that Lee was plotting to murder JFK nine months before the murder on November 22nd 1963.   The purchase of the rifle in March had NOTHING to do with the coup d e'tat in November......     However...The FBI Knew that Lee had received the rifle from Klein's ( They were watching him because Hoover thought the Oswald's were Russian agents)  Therefore they had all of the documentation about the purchase of the rifle way back in March of 1963.... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2020, 09:29:45 PM »
As to the rifle order, still waiting for info on USPO/USPS logistics in 1963 re: Dallas to Chicago mail delivery. I have no dog in this fight; it may well turn out that a letter posted on the morning of "Day 1" in Dallas could arrive on "Day 2" in Chicago. In 1963.
Answers?
Help?
Bueller?

Hi John, I'm afraid I can't answer your question specifically but this may be some help; I do know that back in 63 mail from Dallas-Chicago was delivered by air-mail. The last air-mail flight out of Dallas was 12.00 midday and the flight took just under 2.5 hours. Kleins stated they received Oswald's letter/order the next morning, I don't know what time. What do you think John, timeline feasible?

PS This was a question I answered some years back and I thought it interesting enough to jot down in my notebook. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the source. I believe it was Armstrong. You may not want to accept this without a solid source but I do believe it correct.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:34:43 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »
Armstrong does make that claim about the last air mail flight, but it's unsourced.

https://harveyandlee.net/Mail_Order_Rifle/Mail_Order_Rifle.html

I'm looking through the Harvey & Lee book.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2020, 10:07:17 PM »
Armstrong does make that claim about the last air mail flight, but it's unsourced.

wow! Memories better than I thought. lol Thanks John.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:11:50 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2020, 11:29:37 PM »
Thx, Mr P and Mr I.
This thread kind of devolved into weird non sequitur posts.
So the alleged " Hidell rifle order form" could have made that quick trip via the P.O.
Still odd that someone would use an alias to order a rifle, then have it sent to his own registered P.O. Box. Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2020, 11:29:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2020, 12:12:25 AM »

The link you provided is chock full of information and disinformation.....  It's a shame that the average reader could not sort the valid information from the disinformation...     But one thing that is abundantly clear, and that is the fact that the FBI meddled with the evidence and destroyed vital documents...

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2020, 01:02:07 AM »
Thx, Mr P and Mr I.
This thread kind of devolved into weird non sequitur posts.
So the alleged " Hidell rifle order form" could have made that quick trip via the P.O.
Still odd that someone would use an alias to order a rifle, then have it sent to his own registered P.O. Box. Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity.

"odd that someone would use an alias to order a rifle, then have it sent to his own registered P.O. Box. Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity."

Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity.

Yes you're right....That's because Lee WANTED cops as dumb as Barney Fife to be able to trace the rifle ....while at he same time "APPEARING" to be hiding his identity.....  Lee wanted the cops to find the rifle he had dumped under some bushes near Walker's house after the HOAX attempt to shoot one of Fidel Castro's most vocal foes.(General Walker)  Lee wanted enough time after the hoax attempt to get out of the country and request asylum in Cuba.....   Therefore he wanted the cops ( and newspapers) to publish information that he was linked to the attempt to shoot General Walker.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2020, 01:02:07 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2020, 01:23:43 AM »
"odd that someone would use an alias to order a rifle, then have it sent to his own registered P.O. Box. Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity."

Seems like a feeble attempt at anonymity.

Yes you're right....That's because Lee WANTED cops as dumb as Barney Fife to be able to trace the rifle ....while at he same time "APPEARING" to be hiding his identity.....  Lee wanted the cops to find the rifle he had dumped under some bushes near Walker's house after the HOAX attempt to shoot one of Fidel Castro's most vocal foes.(General Walker)  Lee wanted enough time after the hoax attempt to get out of the country and request asylum in Cuba.....   Therefore he wanted the cops ( and newspapers) to publish information that he was linked to the attempt to shoot General Walker.

We're trying to have a serious discussion here, using as much fact as possible. If I wanted to read an imaginary fairy tale I'd turn to the brothers Grimm.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:26:47 AM by Denis Pointing »