Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?  (Read 12547 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« on: September 15, 2020, 12:15:10 PM »
Advertisement
Jim D says Oswald ordered his rifle by post and Kleins processed the order all in the one day (24 hour period).

This can't be right?

JFK Assassination Forum

Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« on: September 15, 2020, 12:15:10 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:23:25 AM »
He says that's what the Warren Commission wants you to believe.

But the Warren Commission doesn't ask people to believe all that happened in 24 hours, they space it out more over several days.

I don't know where DiEugenio gets this 24 hour thing.

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:50:57 AM »
But the Warren Commission doesn't ask people to believe all that happened in 24 hours, they space it out more over several days.

I don't know where DiEugenio gets this 24 hour thing.

It's true that the Commission never claimed that Oswald actually took possession of his mail-order rifle just 24 hours after he ordered it. But DiEugenio is correct when he asserts that the official position regarding Oswald's rifle is that Oswald placed his rifle order in a mailbox on March 12 and that order was then received and processed by Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago the next day (March 13). The paperwork proves that happened (IMO).

Much more about the rifle order and the speedy trip to Chicago at the links below:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-postmark-on-commission-exhibit-773.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/12/oswald-ordered-rifle.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:54:36 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:50:57 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 01:47:47 AM »
The paperwork proves that happened...
Paperwork can be faked...just like counterfeit bills and anything else.
To accept that an order was mailed from Dallas [in 1963 yet] was received and completely processed in a Chicago sports facility within 24 hours is absolute looney tunes. 

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:11:05 AM »
Paperwork can be faked...just like counterfeit bills and anything else.
To accept that an order was mailed from Dallas [in 1963 yet] was received and completely processed in a Chicago sports facility within 24 hours is absolute looney tunes.

Therefore, if what you just said is true, then why on Earth did the looney conspirators who were "faking" all the rifle paperwork want to make it look like the order was processed in 24 hours? That was a really stupid gaffe on their part (if such a thing was impossible in 1963)....wouldn't you agree?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:18:04 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:11:05 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 03:52:15 AM »
Therefore, if what you just said is true, then why on Earth did the looney conspirators who were "faking" all the rifle paperwork want to make it look like the order was processed in 24 hours? That was a really stupid gaffe on their part (if such a thing was impossible in 1963)....wouldn't you agree?
What I can't agree on is that the order was processed like it was through ebay on the internet. From the DVP links...
The envelope may have been deposited in a drop box, possibly the day or evening before.
So what? That certainly doesn't make the mail any faster. Mail box pick-ups weren't any more reliable then..than they are now. Letters can possibly sit all weekend.
It has been proven, beyond all reasonable doubt, that Lee Harvey Oswald did, in fact, order a mail-order rifle from Klein's Sporting Goods Company in Chicago in March of 1963. The handwriting on all of the documents connected with the Klein's transaction is that of Oswald's, which proves beyond all doubt that it was Oswald (and no other person) who ordered and paid for Carcano rifle
No other person? Then why are there [historically] people who have been convicted of.....dare I mention--forgery?

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »
Why not try answering the last question I asked you, Jerry?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 01:43:28 PM »
Why not try answering the last question I asked you, Jerry?
The question again?---   
That was a really stupid gaffe on their part (if such a thing was impossible in 1963)....wouldn't you agree?
A difficult question as one would have to be really super clairvoyant to decipher such primordial motivations.
If a what?....some blunder? was impossible? Why impossible?
That question threw me David. I am still looking at that 24 hour claim stuff...because I have never heard it before. What paperwork reveals that?
Also....I never understood the logic of ordering a firearm using an alias that could be directly linked back to Oswald...That never made any sense.