Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 32286 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »
Advertisement
Why would a motorcade going by a building cause incoming calls to stop?

Luke Mooney - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

Victoria Adams - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Let me guess....they were both "mistaken".

Victoria Adams - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

"I took the stairs to the second floor."   HUH???.... I thought she and Sandra Styles went to the FIRST floor!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:57 AM »

"I took the stairs to the second floor."   HUH???.... I thought she and Sandra Styles went to the FIRST floor!

She's talking about later after she re-entered the building.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 02:48:14 AM »
Why would a motorcade going by a building cause incoming calls to stop?

Luke Mooney - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

Let me guess....they were both "mistaken".

Mooney likely failed to close the elevator door all the way after "they" got off. Who knows with Adams. She seemed to have been kind of loopy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 02:48:14 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »
My take is that mention of a brief power cut at some point stimulated imaginations.

Hine - comment regarding lack of phone activity was taken to mean power cut - this was just around time of shooting -no cut

Truly and Baker - a minute or so after - Truly calls for elevators - no response as both most likely have gates open on 5th floor - no power cut - see next

Truly gets to 5th floor and no west elevator - still power at 3-4 minutes

Sawyer - about 4 minutes he goes up passenger elevator at front of TSBD - stays a few minutes and returns down to entrance

Just after this Mooney and Adams likely report same brief event - short loss of power

I think the power may have been cut briefly following the entry of the fire brigade. This is just a proposal as I don?t have that timing in front of me.

No one in their right mind would take the elevators for speed. They were slower than the stairs. The east elevator however did have the advantage of being totally controllable by the operator.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
My take is that mention of a brief power cut at some point stimulated imaginations.

Hine - comment regarding lack of phone activity was taken to mean power cut - this was just around time of shooting -no cut

Truly and Baker - a minute or so after - Truly calls for elevators - no response as both most likely have gates open on 5th floor - no power cut - see next

Truly gets to 5th floor and no west elevator - still power at 3-4 minutes

Sawyer - about 4 minutes he goes up passenger elevator at front of TSBD - stays a few minutes and returns down to entrance

Just after this Mooney and Adams likely report same brief event - short loss of power

I think the power may have been cut briefly following the entry of the fire brigade. This is just a proposal as I don?t have that timing in front of me.

No one in their right mind would take the elevators for speed. They were slower than the stairs. The east elevator however did have the advantage of being totally controllable by the operator.

I think the power may have been cut briefly following the entry of the fire brigade.

I don't believe the firemen ever entered the building......   I believe the fire department's trucks arrived after 1:00 pm.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 04:57:36 PM »
This doesn't even make any sense.  Do you think that all the people who would make a business call to the Texas School Book Depository would be people in Dallas?

The only one who ever invokes these "fantasy conspirators" is you.  I'm pointing out that multiple people reported that there was a power outage, that's all.  You claimed that there is no credible evidence of it.  But when you say "credible" you mean agrees with your subjective opinion.

Whew.  I'm not saying her explanation for no incoming phone calls has to be correct.  It certainly could be but we don't have to resolve why there were no incoming calls.  Pay attention for once.  The point is that she is referring to the "lights" on the phone being out because there are no incoming calls.  Not the power.  Right or wrong she attributes this to the motorcade approaching (people are outside watching the motorcade).  She is explaining why she could step away from the phones (no calls) to look out the window. 

If you believe this alleged power outage has nothing to do with a conspiracy and is just some type of coincidence, then you are at odds with your fellow nuts who clearly are claiming this proves a conspiracy. That is the entire point of the OP.  I was addressing them when you interjected yourself into this discussion.  Who are these multiple witnesses who claim there was a power outage?  Hine is no such witness.  Baker and Truly took the elevator just a couple of minutes after the assassination.  The power is on to the Hertz sign at 12:30.  There are films of the lights on in the TSBD.   The power outage is simply a CTer fantasy. It didn't happen.

Mr. BELIN - All right. After going up the stairways, do you know what numbered floor it was---I will ask you this, did you take the stairway all the way to the top?
 Mr. BAKER - No, sir; we caught that elevator, it seemed like we went up either one or two floors, and Mr. Truly said "Let's take the elevator, here it is."

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
If there were a power outage at the TSBD immediately following the Kill Shot, & Truly and Officer Baker were inside the TSBD 1+ minute following the Kill Shot: (1) they would have been attempting to traverse the stairwell amidst Pitch Black, and (2) confronting Oswald in a Pitch Black Breakroom.  Both the Stairwell and the Breakroom have No Window(s) to provide lighting from the sun outside. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
         If there were a power outage at the TSBD immediately following the Kill Shot, & Truly and Officer Baker were inside the TSBD 1+ minute following the Kill Shot: (1) they would have been attempting to traverse the stairwell amidst Pitch Black, and (2) confronting Oswald in a Pitch Black Breakroom.  Both the Stairwell and the Breakroom have No Window(s) to provide lighting from the sun outside.

Sawyer takes the front elevator up and down just a few minutes after the assassination.  I believe Bugliosi puts his first trip up at 12:36.  That elevator is functioning fine.  Baker and Truly are taking another elevator from the 5th to 7th floor at about the same time.  So there is confirmation that the elevators are working.  The Hertz sign is on at 12:30.  There are various films and photos that show lights on in the building.  No power outage.