Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose  (Read 18601 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Gus Rose
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
Advertisement
Oswald's name had been on the media from 2.42pm. I'm sure DVP will correct me but I think I got it from him. You think Marina and Ruth were not aware of this nearly an hour after? Would Marina not check the blanket immediately? Wouldn't she have told Ruth about the rifle then? Wouldn’t Michael have called with the news? He arrived about 15 minutes after the cops.

What do you think?

I came across this information on DVP’s website recently:

Times that Oswald’s name first aired:

ABC - 2:40 PM CST

CBS - 2:59 PM CST

NBC - 3:20 PM CST

WBAP radio - 2:43 PM CST

I have no definite evidence of which TV channel that the Paine’s television was actually tuned to. But based on the testimony that they were unaware of Oswald’s arrest when the police arrived, it appears likely that they were watching the NBC broadcast.

And it occurred to me that a possible reason that Ruth Paine said that she was expecting the police when they came to her door is this:

The FBI had been out to her house twice in recent weeks looking for LHO. Therefore Ruth was aware that the FBI was interested in talking to him. She did testify that they already had heard that the shots had reportedly come from the TSBD (where she knew LHO worked) before the police arrived. So Ruth might have assumed that at least some of the plain clothed officers were FBI, and therefore she wasn’t totally surprised when they showed up at her house.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »
Forgive me for not reading last ten pages to confirm this is new to the discussion....

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Mack%20Gary%20Cover-up/Item%2015.pdf
Page 4 of 9

Nice one, Tom.  Oh bytheway....... was it Gus or George the elder leaning against the TSBD in that photo?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »

I have no definite evidence of which TV channel that the Paine’s television was actually tuned to. But based on the testimony that they were unaware of Oswald’s arrest when the police arrived, it appears likely that they were watching the NBC broadcast.

And it occurred to me that a possible reason that Ruth Paine said that she was expecting the police when they came to her door is this:

The FBI had been out to her house twice in recent weeks looking for LHO. Therefore Ruth was aware that the FBI was interested in talking to him. She did testify that they already had heard that the shots had reportedly come from the TSBD (where she knew LHO worked) before the police arrived. So Ruth might have assumed that at least some of the plain clothed officers were FBI, and therefore she wasn’t totally surprised when they showed up at her house.

Thanks Charles, both Ruth and Michael testified that it was the Mention of the TSBD location that they associated with Oswald. As mentioned earlier that time of 3.30pm is not corroborated by Weatherford or Walthers. I can see no reason for a 40 minute wait for them to arrive.

The TSBD was mentioned on NBC about 2pm. About 10 minutes later the discovery of shells and chicken (for Walt) were first mentioned.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2019, 01:41:42 PM »
Nice one, Tom.  Oh bytheway....... was it Gus or George the elder leaning against the TSBD in that photo?

Frazier's story about the trip to the hospital immediately after leaving the TSBD is bogus.

From his HSCA interview.....

He claimed he left for Irving and turned on the radio – heard JFK was being worked on at Parkland

He drove to his sister's house and his mother was there – he then went to the hospital – Irving Professional Center – gave his step father oxygen!

“Sister was there”

at another point he said he got home and it was on TV – sister knew where it had happened (TSBD) – "we both said it was bad thing" then an ------8 sec pause ----- “she said”…….."I went to the house and mother was there". Asked where sister was and she was at hospital. She had been there a while, he went to relieve her.

Hmmmm....

There's more  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:59:45 PM by Colin Crow »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2019, 02:02:27 PM »
Thanks Charles, both Ruth and Michael testified that it was the Mention of the TSBD location that they associated with Oswald. As mentioned earlier that time of 3.30pm is not corroborated by Weatherford or Walthers. I can see no reason for a 40 minute wait for them to arrive.

The TSBD was mentioned on NBC about 2pm. About 10 minutes later the discovery of shells and chicken (for Walt) were first mentioned.

Yes, I agree that it appears that the 3:30 PM time is off. I can imagine that, under the circumstances of the President being assassinated, that even a wait of a few minutes might have felt like quite a long time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2019, 02:02:27 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Yes, I agree that it appears that the 3:30 PM time is off. I can imagine that, under the circumstances of the President being assassinated, that even a wait of a few minutes might have felt like quite a long time.

3.30pm is not going to fit with the idea that Fritz got the North Beckley address from Weatherford relaying the phone number to Decker to get an matching address. Those guys arrived well before 3.30pm at 1026 North Beckley.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »

There is a difference between not being totally surprised and saying "I've been expecting you", isn't there?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
3.30pm is not going to fit with the idea that Fritz got the North Beckley address from Weatherford relaying the phone number to Decker to get an matching address. Those guys arrived well before 3.30pm at 1026 North Beckley.

From “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed:

Interview of Elmo L. Cunningham, Lieutenant, Forgery Bureau, DPD:

I left [Texas Theater] after about an additional ten minutes then drove to City Hall where Oswald had been taken onto the third floor. Captain Fritz had talked to him awhile and came out into the hall and asked me if I would go with one of his officers to search his room over on North Beckley. Apparently Oswald had told him that that was where he was staying. I don’t think at the time that he intended to tell Fritz where his wife was.