Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dear Mr Hunt...  (Read 20098 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Dear Mr Hunt...
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »
Advertisement
Just post what you believe to be the note that McNally was using......

Dear Walter,

Have you never seen in a book, or on the Internet, or perhaps on a DVD a reproduction of the note that McNally analyzed for the HSCA?

If you have, was it full-sized and sufficiently well-reproduced so that one can see in it the details McNally testified about and wrote about?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:01:47 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM »
Dear Walter,

Have you never seen in a book, or on the Internet, or perhaps on a DVD a reproduction of the note that McNally analyzed for the HSCA?

If you have, was it full-sized and sufficiently well-reproduced so that one can see in it the details McNally testified about and wrote about?

I've never seen a full size well reproduced copy of the note..... 

In the book "Reasonable Doubt" by Henry Hurt the caption beneath the photocopy of the note reads....Quote... " Bearing Oswald's name, this note to "Mr Hunt" dated November 8. 1963 was mailed anonymously to a Texas assassination researcher in 1975. Handwriting experts have differed over whether the writing really is Oswald's. No definite answer could be reached by experts empaneled by the HSCA . However there are striking similarities to Oswald's erratic style and handwriting
 The identity of "Mr Hunt" is not known."

I believe the Texas assassination researcher was .......Penn Jones

The wording beneath the photocopy says "This note to Mr Hunt"...Implies that the actual note was sent to the researcher....Not a photocopy of the note....

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2019, 10:31:06 PM »

I've never seen a full size well reproduced copy of the note..... 

In the book "Reasonable Doubt" by Henry Hurt the caption beneath the photocopy of the note reads....Quote... " Bearing Oswald's name, this note to "Mr Hunt" dated November 8. 1963 was mailed anonymously to a Texas assassination researcher in 1975. Handwriting experts have differed over whether the writing really is Oswald's. No definite answer could be reached by experts empaneled by the HSCA . However there are striking similarities to Oswald's erratic style and handwriting
 The identity of "Mr Hunt" is not known."

I believe the Texas assassination researcher was .......Penn Jones

The wording beneath the photocopy says "This note to Mr Hunt"...Implies that the actual note was sent to the researcher....Not a photocopy of the note....

Dear Walter,

Yes, but then again even authors are not always precise in their verbiage, are they?

Especially when they're "pushing" a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory and want you to believe that what they're showing you in their book is a reproduction of an original note that's in their (or their patron's) possession, when in reality it's  just a reproduction of an intentionally-fuzzy photocopy of the KGB-forged original, which intentionally-fuzzy photocopy was sent to, or "found" by, their patron.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:53:48 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2019, 10:31:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 12:00:52 AM »
Dear Walter,

Why did you write in your first post, this thread, that there appeared to be differences between Carrington's note and other copies of the note that you've seen?

Are you talking about a difference or two that a photocopying machine could somehow make in its reproduction of the (itself photocopied) note?

Or of photocopies of photocopies?

Please explain.

Thank you.

I was NOT referring to the handwriting.....  I was referring to the creases where the note had been folded .......I don't recall seeing those creases in the photocopies that I'd seen in various books...   AND I believe if the note had been photocopied in a photocopy machine the creases would not be so visible, simply because  the photocopies back then required a "carrier" which would have pressed note flat.....   And this copy looks like it was made by using a camera....

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:36 AM »
I was NOT referring to the handwriting.....  I was referring to the creases where the note had been folded .......I don't recall seeing those creases in the photocopies that I'd seen in various books...   AND I believe if the note had been photocopied in a photocopy machine the creases would not be so visible, simply because  the photocopies back then required a "carrier" which would have pressed note flat.....   And this copy looks like it was made by using a camera....

Dear Walter,

Why was drawing that out of you like pulling teeth?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:36 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2019, 12:55:30 AM »
Dear Walter,

Why was drawing that out of you like pulling teeth?

Are you a dentist?

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 01:00:35 AM »
Are you a dentist?

Dear Walter,

No, but you certainly are a jerk.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 01:00:35 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2019, 01:02:50 AM »
Dear Walter,

No, but you certainly are a jerk.

Heee.heee.hee....  Some call me an A---hole...    Could not care less....

I had hoped that you would post a copy that was a FULL PAGE...   Because the copies that I've seen give the impression that the " NOTE" is on a small piece of paper.

I believe the note was written in the same size paper that Lee used to create the rough draft of the Russian Embassy letter  .....He may have used the same pen and paper .... The Hunt note is dated November 8, 1963 ...And the Russian Embassy letter is dated November 9.......
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:19:09 AM by Walt Cakebread »