Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 78127 times)

Offline Ted Shields

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »
Advertisement
There does not seem to be any proof that LHO was in Mexico City

Who signed the hotel reg?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »
11/23/63

J. Edgar Hoover: I just wanted to let you know of a development which I think is very important in connection with this case -
this man in Dallas (Lee Harvey Oswald). We, of course, charged him with the murder of the President. The evidence that they
have at the present time is not very, very strong. We have just discovered the place where the gun was purchased and the shipment
of the gun from Chicago to Dallas, to a post office box in Dallas, to a man - no, to a woman by the name of "A. Hidell."... We
had it flown up last night, and our laboratory here is making an examination of it.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Yes, I told the Secret Service to see that that got taken care of.

J. Edgar Hoover: That's right. We have the gun and we have the bullet. There was only one full bullet that was found. That was on
the stretcher that the President was on. It apparently had fallen out when they massaged his heart, and we have that one. We have
what we call slivers, which are not very valuable in the identification. As soon as we finish the testing of the gun for fingerprints
... we will then be able to test the one bullet we have with the gun. But the important thing is that this gun was bought in Chicago
on a money order. Cost twenty-one dollars, and it seems almost impossible to think that for twenty-one dollars you could kill the
President of the United States.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Have you established any more about the visit to the Soviet embassy in Mexico in September?

J. Edgar Hoover: No, that's one angle that's very confusing, for this reason - we have up here the tape and
the photograph of the man who was at the Soviet embassy, using Oswald's name. That picture and the tape do not correspond
to this man's voice, nor to his appearance.
In other words, it appears that there is a second person who was at the
Soviet embassy down there. We do have a copy of a letter which was written by Oswald to the Soviet embassy here in
Washington, inquiring as well as complaining about the harassment of his wife and the questioning of his wife by the FBI.
Now, of course, that letter information - we process all mail that goes to the Soviet embassy. It's a very secret operation.
No mail is delivered to the embassy without being examined and opened by us, so that we know what they receive... The case,
as it stands now, isn't strong enough to be able to get a conviction... Now if we can identify this man who was at the...
Soviet embassy in Mexico City... This man Oswald has still denied everything. He doesn't know anything about anything, but
the gun thing, of course, is a definite trend.

-----------

11/29/63

Lyndon B. Johnson: That there is no connection between he and Ruby that you can detect now. And whether he was connected with the
Cuban operation with money, you're trying to...

J. Edgar Hoover: That's what we're trying to nail down now, because he was strongly pro-Castro, he was strongly anti-American, and
he had been in correspondence, which we have, with the Soviet embassy here in Washington and with the American Civil Liberties Union
and with this Committee for Fair Play to Cuba... None of those letters, however, dealt with any indication of violence or contemplated
assassination. They were dealing with the matter of a visa for his wife to go back to Russia. Now there is one angle to this thing that
I'm hopeful to get some word on today This woman, his wife, had been very hostile. She would not cooperate, speaks... Russian only. She
did say to us yesterday down there that if we could give her assurance that she would be allowed to remain in this country, she might
cooperate. I told our agents down there to give her that assurance... and I sent a Russian-speaking agent into Dallas last night to
interview her.... Whether she knows anything or talks anything, I, of course, don't know and won't know till -

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
Read this...   https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/mexico-city-part-1

Yes familiar with it and that theory. The HSCA exhausted this.

It's Oswalds signature, it's Oswalds writing.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
Who signed the hotel reg?

I'm convinced that Lee Oswald did go to Mexico City ....  He thought that he was working for the FBI and was attempting to obtain a visa to Cuba, where he could spy on activities in Cuba.   In reality he was being set up as the scapegoat for the budding assassination plot.  Naturally, Hoover would cover up the fact that Lee had gone to MC.   You may recall that in the very early stages of the interrogation of Lee Oswald, FBI agent Hosty tried to get Lee to admit that he had been to Mexico City and had he said that someone should have shot JFK for interfering with Castro.  ( Lee knew that he'd made that crazy statement in a desperate attempt to obtain a visa from the Cuban embassy, and now JFK had been shot)   The primary concern of FBI agent Hosty during the first few minutes of the initial interrogation was his attempt to get Lee to admit being in Mexico City.   

When Hoover learned that Hosty had brought up Mexico City during the first interrogation he was furious and ordered Shanklin to yank Hosty from the interrogation...

Hoover knew that in proving that Lee had made the threat on JFK's life he would be be revealing that the FBI had a bug planted at the Cuban Embassy....And Lee might reveal that he had been sent to Mexico City on orders from Hoover ...Who Lee thought he was working for in an honest and patriotic attempt to infiltrate Cuba.

Hoover was desperate....  He needed Lee Oswald snuffed ASAP!..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
11/23/63

J. Edgar Hoover: I just wanted to let you know of a development which I think is very important in connection with this case -
this man in Dallas (Lee Harvey Oswald). We, of course, charged him with the murder of the President. The evidence that they
have at the present time is not very, very strong. We have just discovered the place where the gun was purchased and the shipment
of the gun from Chicago to Dallas, to a post office box in Dallas, to a man - no, to a woman by the name of "A. Hidell."... We
had it flown up last night, and our laboratory here is making an examination of it.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Yes, I told the Secret Service to see that that got taken care of.

J. Edgar Hoover: That's right. We have the gun and we have the bullet. There was only one full bullet that was found. That was on
the stretcher that the President was on. It apparently had fallen out when they massaged his heart, and we have that one. We have
what we call slivers, which are not very valuable in the identification. As soon as we finish the testing of the gun for fingerprints
... we will then be able to test the one bullet we have with the gun. But the important thing is that this gun was bought in Chicago
on a money order. Cost twenty-one dollars, and it seems almost impossible to think that for twenty-one dollars you could kill the
President of the United States.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Have you established any more about the visit to the Soviet embassy in Mexico in September?

J. Edgar Hoover: No, that's one angle that's very confusing, for this reason - we have up here the tape and
the photograph of the man who was at the Soviet embassy, using Oswald's name. That picture and the tape do not correspond
to this man's voice, nor to his appearance.
In other words, it appears that there is a second person who was at the
Soviet embassy down there. We do have a copy of a letter which was written by Oswald to the Soviet embassy here in
Washington, inquiring as well as complaining about the harassment of his wife and the questioning of his wife by the FBI.
Now, of course, that letter information - we process all mail that goes to the Soviet embassy. It's a very secret operation.
No mail is delivered to the embassy without being examined and opened by us, so that we know what they receive... The case,
as it stands now, isn't strong enough to be able to get a conviction... Now if we can identify this man who was at the...
Soviet embassy in Mexico City... This man Oswald has still denied everything. He doesn't know anything about anything, but
the gun thing, of course, is a definite trend.

-----------

11/29/63

Lyndon B. Johnson: That there is no connection between he and Ruby that you can detect now. And whether he was connected with the
Cuban operation with money, you're trying to...

J. Edgar Hoover: That's what we're trying to nail down now, because he was strongly pro-Castro, he was strongly anti-American, and
he had been in correspondence, which we have, with the Soviet embassy here in Washington and with the American Civil Liberties Union
and with this Committee for Fair Play to Cuba... None of those letters, however, dealt with any indication of violence or contemplated
assassination. They were dealing with the matter of a visa for his wife to go back to Russia. Now there is one angle to this thing that
I'm hopeful to get some word on today This woman, his wife, had been very hostile. She would not cooperate, speaks... Russian only. She
did say to us yesterday down there that if we could give her assurance that she would be allowed to remain in this country, she might
cooperate. I told our agents down there to give her that assurance... and I sent a Russian-speaking agent into Dallas last night to
interview her.... Whether she knows anything or talks anything, I, of course, don't know and won't know till -

JE Hoover...The evidence that they have at the present time is not very, very strong.  The case,
as it stands now, isn't strong enough to be able to get a conviction...

JE Hoover...There was only one full bullet that was found. That was on the stretcher that the President was on. It apparently had fallen out when they massaged his heart, and we have that one. We have what we call slivers, which are not very valuable in the identification.

This statement by Hoover "We have what we call slivers, which are not very valuable in the identification." contradicts those who believe the fragments could be traced to the TSBD carcano.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »
Yes familiar with it and that theory. The HSCA exhausted this.

It's Oswalds signature, it's Oswalds writing.
HSCA may have exhausted everything but did not explain much of anything. Like how Oswald was in Tennessee and Louisiana at the same time.

That is Oswald's signature too. How did it get there?
http://knoxblogs.com/atomiccity/2013/11/22/lee-harvey-oswald-oak-ridge/

I'm no forger but if someone will write their name and send it to me ...in time I think I could copy it.
Know who has access to the best forgers in the country? The Bureau of Prisons/FBI/CIA  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2019, 01:12:14 AM »
WCR testimony:
Mrs. OSWALD. Nothing. And it is at that time that I wrote a letter to Mrs. Paine telling her that Lee was out of work, and they invited me to come and stay with her. And when I left her, I knew that Lee would go to Mexico City. But, of course, I didn't tell Mrs. Paine about it.
Mr. RANKIN. Had he discussed with you the idea of going to Mexico City?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
 Mr. RANKIN. When did he first discuss that?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think it was in August.

HSCA testimony:
Mr. McDONALD - When did you first learn of his planned trip to Mexico City? When did you first know about that?
Mrs. PORTER - Shortly before I left for Dallas with Ruth Paine
Mr. McDONALD - How did you learn of this?
Mrs. PORTER - He told me about his plans to go to Mexico City and to visit the Cuban Embassy over there.
 Mr. RANKIN When your husband talked about going to Mexico City, did he say where he was going to go there, who he would visit?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes. He said that he would go to the Soviet Embassy and to the Cuban Embassy and would do everything he could in order to get to Cuba.

And she would say anything she could in order to get out of there and go home :-\