Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29348 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2019, 06:24:50 PM »
Advertisement
I'm glad you confirm that Baker never said that Oswald was wearing a brown jacket 
Why R U glad? Baker said the man was in his thirties and weighed about 165 pounds, with dark hair and he was wearing a light brown or tan jacket.   That does not=CE-150 but does = CE-151. What is not understood there? Baker merely called the long sleeve shirt worn openly a jacket.
Mr. BELIN - Handing you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 150, would this appear to be anything that you have ever seen before?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; I believe that is the shirt that he had on when he came. I wouldn't be sure of that. It seemed to me like that other shirt was a little bit darker than that whenever I saw him in the homicide office there....all I can remember it was in my recollection of it it was a light brown jacket.
Warren Commission---Witnesses! Identify this damn shirt!
Witnesses----OK if you want... but I can't be sure :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2019, 06:24:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
Why R U glad? Baker said the man was in his thirties and weighed about 165 pounds, with dark hair and he was wearing a light brown or tan jacket.   That does not=CE-150 but does = CE-151. What is not understood there? Baker merely called the long sleeve shirt worn openly a jacket.Warren Commission---Witnesses! Identify this damn shirt!
Witnesses----OK if you want... but I can't be sure :-\

It's important to point out that there are TWO individuals involved ..... The man that Baker saw WALKING AWAY FROM THE STAIRS in the DIMLY LIT third or fourth floor was wearing a tan Jacket .... This man was about thirty years old and weighed about 165 pounds with dark hair ....

The Other man was Lee Oswald who Baker saw walking by at the time he was writing his affidavit....Baker DID NOT recognize or identify Lee as the man that he saw on either third or fourth floor....and he said that the Shirt that Lee was wearing in the police station did NOT look like the jacket that he had seen the third floor man wearing.

Mr. BELIN - Handing you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 150, would this appear to be anything that you have ever seen before?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; I believe that is the shirt that he had on when he came ( back to me when I called out and commanded him to "come here". I wouldn't be sure of that. It seemed to me like that other shirt was a little bit darker than that whenever I saw (Lee Oswald) in the homicide office there.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:08:15 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2019, 12:51:45 AM »
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.....
Oscar is departed presently but apparently he thought there are three of me :D
Mr. BALL. Did he tell you what his name was?
Mrs. JOHNSON. O.H. L-e-e [spelling].
Mr. BALL. Did he sign anything with that name?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; I have it in my purse. 
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; the day he rented the room, they sign the register--they sign the register before I accept any money. 
Mr. BALL. I'm talking about this "O. H. Lee" signature on this document; he signed that on that date?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did he give you the money?
Mr. BALL. $8?
Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest.
So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2, something like that, anyway, it was after this assassination, and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character and I told them I didn't think I had anyone by that name there but we went through the register carefully two or three times and there was no Oswald there and I had two new tenants, rather new tenants, so we had carried them around the house to show them and we was going to start in the new tenants' rooms and my husband was sitting in the living room and seen this picture flash on the television and he said, "Please go around that house and tell him it was this guy that lived in this room here"; and it was O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. That is the first time you learned his name was Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You knew him as O. H. Lee?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; I knew him as O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. The first time you knew the man to be Lee Harvey Oswald that you had known as O. H. Lee?
Mrs. JOHNSON. That's right...??
Direct solid evidence that Oswald rented the room under an assumed name, an alias, O. H. Lee. Oswald signed the document, Mrs. Johnson was present when Oswald signed the document, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson both identified Oswald as O. H. Lee.
But Gladys Johnson did not bring the register she mentioned. She brought a slip of paper [with payment dates] that was obviously filled out en prompt tu and just had O H Lee written on it.
Re-read this thread and see where the Johnsons were 'inaccurate' concerning their story that day.
"Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest.....I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2"

That would have been impossible. That would have meant that Oswald's picture came on TV before he was ever arrested!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2019, 12:51:45 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »
Mr. BELIN. And can you state what happened?
Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they just came down there looking for--uh--Oswald.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say what his full name was?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. JOHNSON. I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?
Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh--after he was--uh--apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.
There was absolutely no reason at all why Oswald would just be carrying around the Beckley address in his pocket :-\
Furthermore there is no mention of any address information being listed in the inventory of items found on Oswald's person  when he was arrested...
In fact there was an alleged bus transfer right in his front shirt pocket and it wasn't found [it was said] until Oswald was being booked.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »
There was absolutely no reason at all why Oswald would just be carrying around the Beckley address in his pocket :-\
Furthermore there is no mention of any address information being listed in the inventory of items found on Oswald's person  when he was arrested...
In fact there was an alleged bus transfer right in his front shirt pocket and it wasn't found [it was said] until Oswald was being booked.

That's simply a made up story....Because according to FBI agent James Hosty Lee Oswald himself provided the address of the rooming house during the first few minutes of the interrogation...and Captain Fritz confirmed it...(though he tried to lie about Lee giving them the rooming house address)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2019, 08:05:24 PM »

That's simply a made up story....Because according to FBI agent James Hosty Lee Oswald himself provided the address of the rooming house during the first few minutes of the interrogation...and Captain Fritz confirmed it...(though he tried to lie about Lee giving them the rooming house address)
That was very much later in the day. The cops were all over the Beckley house just like Roberts as well as the Johnsons said.
 Quote from: Oscar Navarro that began the thread.
    That Oswald registered at N. Beckley under O. H. Lee is "solid evidence".
No one has ever demonstrated what it "is solid evidence of" anyway.
So did he actually register as O H Lee or was he just registered as O H Lee? It seems now there is a difference.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2019, 01:22:03 AM »
That was very much later in the day. The cops were all over the Beckley house just like Roberts as well as the Johnsons said.
 Quote from: Oscar Navarro that began the thread.No one has ever demonstrated what it "is solid evidence of" anyway.
So did he actually register as O H Lee or was he just registered as O H Lee? It seems now there is a difference.

Mrs Robert's said that she opened Lee Oswald's room for the police when they came to the house looking for lee Oswald.....HUH?   Lee Oswald was in police custody at 1:40 PM.....  Soooo...... If Mrs Roberts is correct then the police were there at the rooming house before 1:40.  Mrs Roberts said nothing about a search warrant ...she said that she allowed the police to enter Lee's room....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2019, 01:22:03 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2019, 04:05:52 AM »
Mrs Robert's said that she opened Lee Oswald's room for the police when they came to the house looking for lee Oswald.....HUH?   Lee Oswald was in police custody at 1:40 PM.....  Soooo...... If Mrs Roberts is correct then the police were there at the rooming house before 1:40.  Mrs Roberts said nothing about a search warrant ...she said that she allowed the police to enter Lee's room....

Please. Stop posting nonsense. Stop misleading readers.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/pdf/WH24_CE_2003.pdf

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm
Mr. BELIN. This would have been on November 22, 1963?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And can you state what happened?
Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they just came down there looking for--uh--Oswald.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say what his full name was?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. JOHNSON. I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?

Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh--after he was--uh--apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.
Mr. BELIN. All right. What happened when the officers got there? They asked if Lee Harvey Oswald lived there?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. How long had you been at the house when the officers arrived?
Mr. JOHNSON. Oh, probably 30 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember about what time of the day they arrived?
Mr. JOHNSON. Well, it must have been around 1:30 or 2 o'clock--the best I remember.
Mr. BELIN. When did you get home that day from your work?
Mr. JOHNSON. Well, it was around 1 o'clock or maybe a little bit after.
Mr. BELIN. At the time you had gotten home, had you heard that the President had been shot?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes. I heard that before I went home.
Mr. BELIN. By the way, I might .ask you one question that we forgot. When the police first came on November 22, did they have a search warrant at all or not? Or don't you remember?
Mr. JOHNSON. Uh--they didn't have one at the time; but they called and got one before they went into his room.
Mr. BELIN. They called and got a search warrant before they went in his room?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes. They called over my phone.
Mr. BELIN. Over your phone? You heard them call?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes.

Mr. BELIN All right. I believe that's all. Thank you very much, sir.

Johnson's wife, DPD detective Potts, and Bill Alexander testified similarly, except Potts said he and other police arrived at
3:00 pm, reasonable considering where he said he was and what he was doing before arriving at 1026 N. Beckley

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/potts.htm
Mr. BALL. Before you went out there, did you get a search warrant?
Mr. POTTS. No; we didn't--we didn't get a search warrant at that time. We went to the location and talked to the people there.
Mr. BALL. That's Lt. E. L. Cunningham?
Mr. POTTS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And who else?
Mr. POTTS. B. L. Senkel.
Mr. BALL. And yourself?
Mr. POTTS. And myself.
Mr. BALL. And you went out to where?
Mr. POTTS. 1026 North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. What happened when you got there?
Mr. POTTS. We got there and we talked to this Mrs.--I believe her name was Johnson.
Mr. BALL Mrs. A. C. Johnson?
Mr. POTTS. Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Roberts.
Mr. BALL. Earlene Roberts?
Mr. POTTS. Yes; and they didn't know a Lee Harvey Oswald or an Alex Hidell either one and they couldn't--they just didn't have any idea who we were talking about, so the television--it is a rooming house, and there was a television----
Mr. BALL. Did you check their registration books?
Mr. POTTS. Yes, sir; we looked at the registration book--Senkel, I think, or Cunningham--well, we all looked through the registration book and there wasn't anyone by that name, and the television was on in the living room. There's an area there where the roomers sit, I guess it's the living quarters--it flashed Oswald's picture on there and one of the women, either Mrs. Roberts or Mrs. Johnson said, "That's the man that lives here. That's Mr. Lee---O.H. Lee." She said, "His room is right here right off of the living room."
Senkel or Cunningham, one of them, called the office and they said that Turner was en route with a search warrant and we waited there until 4:30 or 5 that afternoon. We got out there about 3.
Mr. BALL. You waited there in the home?
Mr. POTTS. We waited there in the living quarters.
Mr. BALL. You did not go into the small room that had been rented by Lee?
Mr. POTTS. No; we didn't--we didn't search the room at all until we got the warrant.
Mr. BALL. Who brought the warrant out?
Mr. POTTS. Judge David Johnston.
Mr. BALL. The judge issued it, but who brought it out?

Mr. POTTS. Well, F. M. Turner and H. M. Moore was with him, and Judge David Johnston was there, and also Assistant District Attorney Bill Alexander.
Mr. BALL. Did David L. Johnston go too, the justice of the peace?
Mr. POTTS. Yes, the judge was there in person.
Mr. BALL. He was?
Mr. POTTS. Yes; and also Assistant District Attorney Bill Alexander--they all came in the same car.
Mr. BALL. What did you do then?
Mr. POTTS. Well, after we showed Johnson the search warrant, I think it was Johnson, we went on in the room and continued to search the room, and we took everything in there that we could find.....

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_g.htm
Mr. BALL. On the day of the 22d of November, were you home around 1 o'clock?
Mrs. JOHNSON. It must have been 1:30 or 2, something like that.
Mr. BALL. When you came home?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; after serving lunch.
Mr. BALL. Did Earlene Roberts say anything to you whether or not this man had returned?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; after these officers came in, well, then she began to tell them that he did come rushing in
and she had gotten a phone call or had made one, anyway, she was on the phone--no, there was someone called her, that's what she said, said someone called her and she says, "Did you know that the President had been assassinated" and she says, "Why, no" and she says, "Well, it's on the television now" and she says, "I will run and turn it on" and she run in and turned this television on to get this information and this Oswald walked in hurriedly and she said, she said to him, "You seem to be in a hurry." She was the only one in that place. She said he didn't say a word but went on in his room and she said he changed his little zip-up coat, way I understand it, and just went right back out. He evidently got the gun; now, we don't know.
Mr. BALL. Did she tell the officers that?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yeah, she told the officers that.
Mr. BALL. When they came out there, did they have a search warrant?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, surely.
Mr. BALL. Did you permit them to search his room?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; they taken everything immediately out of his room.
Mr. BALL. Did you look in the room while they were searching it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I certainly did. .......

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/fritz1.htm
Mr. BALL. Did you ask him whether it was north or south?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, but he didn't know. But from the description of surroundings we could tell it was North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Up to that time you hadn't sent any men out to North Beckley, had you?
Mr. FRITZ. Well, I sent them out there real soon and Officer Potts called me back from out there and talked to me on the telephone and gave me a report from out there on the telephone, and I am sure that that is the time that he told me about the way he was registered, and I asked Oswald about why he was registered under this other name.

Mr. BALL. What other name?
Mr. FRITZ. Of O. L. Lee.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:40:24 AM by Tom Scully »