Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Zapruder's testimony to the WC = conspiracy  (Read 23802 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Zapruder's testimony to the WC = conspiracy
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »
Advertisement
Abraham Zapruder's testimony to the WC gives strong support for a conspiracy.
He says he thought the shots came from behind him... that the police running behind him thought the same... and there was an indication that there were two assassins....

Mr. LIEBELER. As you were standing on this abutment facing Elm street, you say the police ran over behind the concrete structure behind you and down the railroad track behind that, is that right?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. After the shots?

Mr. LIEBELER. Yes.

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Yes--after the shots--yes, some of them were motorcycle cops--I guess they left their motorcycles running and they were running right behind me, of course, in the line of the shooting. I guess they thought it came from right behind me.

Mr. LIEBELER. Did you have any impression as to the direction from which these shots came?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. No, I also thought it came from back of me. Of course, you can't tell when something is in line it could come from anywhere, but being I was here and he was hit on this line and he was hit right in the head--I saw it right around here, so it looked like it came from here and it could come from there.

Mr. LIEBELER. All right, as you stood here on the abutment and looked down into Elm Street, you saw the President hit on the right side of the head and you thought perhaps the shots had come from behind you?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Well, yes.

Mr. LIEBELER. Yes; the FBI asked for the camera back because the Commission wanted to determine whether there was any difference in the frame speed as the camera unwound itself, as it went along.

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Well, they claimed they told me it was about 2 frames fast--instead of 16 it was 18 frames and they told me it was about 2 frames fast in the speed and they told me that the time between the 2 rapid shots, as I understand, that was determined--the length of time it took to the second one and that they were very fast and they claim it has proven it could be done by 1 man. You know there was indication there were two?

Mr. LIEBELER. Your films were extremely helpful to the work of the Commission, Mr. Zapruder.

[NOTE how Liebeler just cuts off the questioning and dismisses Zapruder when he mentions the possibility of two assassins!]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:26:59 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Zapruder's testimony to the WC = conspiracy
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Zapruder's testimony to WC = conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »
Note that Zapruder is saying that the line of fire, which he thought was behind him, was confirmed by the fact that JFK was hit on the right side of his head...
Again, Zapruder is testifying that the shot to Kennedy's head indicated that the line of fire was behind Zapruder...

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Yes--after the shots--yes, some of them were motorcycle cops--I guess they left their motorcycles running and they were running right behind me, of course, in the line of the shooting. I guess they thought it came from right behind me.

Mr. LIEBELER. Did you have any impression as to the direction from which these shots came?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. No, I also thought it came from back of me. Of course, you can't tell when something is in line it could come from anywhere, but being I was here and he was hit on this line and he was hit right in the head--I saw it right around here, so it looked like it came from here and it could come from there.

Mr. LIEBELER. All right, as you stood here on the abutment and looked down into Elm Street, you saw the President hit on the right side of the head and you thought perhaps the shots had come from behind you?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Well, yes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:40:20 PM by Jake Maxwell »

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Zapruder's testimony to the WC = conspiracy
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:40:02 AM »
Why didn't the WC follow-up on Zapruder's testimony
that the shots came from behind him
and that there was an indication that there were two assassins?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:40:02 AM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 02:10:29 AM »
What is also interesting about Zapruder is that he testified that he saw the first shot hit the President, his reaction to being hit. This means JFK was hit before he disappeared behind the road sign and is in line with the HSCA's conclusion that the first shot was fired around frame Z190. This rules out a shot fired from the 'sniper's nest,' as the view from that window was blocked by the live oak tree.

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:19:32 AM »
What is also interesting about Zapruder is that he testified that he saw the first shot hit the President, his reaction to being hit. This means JFK was hit before he disappeared behind the road sign and is in line with the HSCA's conclusion that the first shot was fired around frame Z190. This rules out a shot fired from the 'sniper's nest,' as the view from that window was blocked by the live oak tree.

If Z saw the POTUS get hit in the throat then he must have left his camera suspended in mid air as he dashed closer to the TSBD so that the sign didn't block his view as the bullet struck. If Z never left his camera then he saw what I saw and what you've seen which is the POTUS reacting to being hit as he emerges from behind the sign but NOT before he is obscured by that sign.

The tree is mentioned as a possible cause for the first shot to have missed with the second and third shots hitting the target. It's very straight forward.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:21:07 AM by Steve Howsley »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:19:32 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 03:21:21 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me when people take someone's WC testimony and twist it into things that they actually think happened. 

First of all, President Kennedy obviously was not hit circa Z frame 190.  That nonsense came about because of the scam the HSCA tried to pull with the acoustics tests, which their entire case of conspiracy was based on.  There are no gunshots recorded on the Dictabelt recording, which destroys their entire scenario.

Secondly, There are three sudden movements made by President Kennedy and Governor Connally. The first is when both the president and the governor did head snaps from left to right circa Z 155-161.  The second at circa frames 223-240, and finally Z 313-328.  There was no sudden motions on the part of the governor or president in any other sequences than these.  Three shots, two hits, one miss. 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:33 PM »
There were witnesses who saw a rifle in the 6th floor window an instance after the shots were fired and some CTers still take issue with an assassin firing from that location.  And yet they selectively pick testimony of someone who says they were uncertain but thought the shots came from a certain location as proof of their conspiracy.  It is hopeless.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:33 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
It's a "scam" to point out the numerous witnesses who identified the GK as the source of the shots. Good one. 🤣

I didn't say any such thing! I didn't say anything about witnesses (even though they were wrong because there was no assassin on the knoll)  I am referring entirely to the acoustics, Caprio!  That entire acoustics scenario was a scam, a lie  and a bunch of hot air.