Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 96061 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2018, 11:28:19 PM »
Advertisement
Where does this document ,mention Continental or any streets?

"Continental" is on this one:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=57741&relPageId=113

You think both docs aren't referring to the same thing?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2018, 11:28:19 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2018, 12:12:00 AM »
 Here is  a little more to the story , though not specifically about the target practice issue

http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »
Why couldn't Fritz simply show those who thought the rifle was a Mauser the stamp of Made in Italy 6.5?

Not often I answer my own questions, but....

From Rob Caprio

Mr. BALL - Who referred to it as a Mauser that day?

Mr. BOONE - I believe Captain Fritz. He had knelt down there to look at it, and before he removed it, not knowing what it was, he said that is what it looks like. This is when Lieutenant Day, I believe his name is, the ID man was getting ready to photograph it.

We were just discussing it beck and forth. And he said it looks like a 7.65 Mauser.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:30:38 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2018, 12:52:32 AM »

Do we have any idea the date of this document? And yes Glen King and a dropped rifle on the roof is suspicous

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2018, 03:18:07 AM »
Do we have any idea the date of this document? And yes Glen King and a dropped rifle on the roof is suspicous

"I was working in New Orleans in December of '67" puts the earliest possible date sometime in 1968.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2018, 03:18:07 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2018, 03:42:31 AM »
 Then it appears you are correct with Craig's I D of the Mauser. What a dumbass I have always been a bit suspicious of the guy, and this makes it even harder to contextualize some of his other statements

It does not end the debate about the Mauser in my mind On the other hand, it is not a make or break issue anyway, but it certainly continues to feed the monster of uncertainty that pervades every aspect of law enforcement in this case

For me at least I think the issue has run it's course.

Except there is now the issue of why the FBI, and others. had no interest in the ,military intelligence file on Oswald
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:19:15 AM by Matt Grantham »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2018, 06:28:51 AM »
Then it appears you are correct with Craig's I D of the Mauser. What a dumbass I have always been a bit suspicious of the guy, and this makes it even harder to contextualize some of his other statements

It does not end the debate about the Mauser in my mind On the other hand, it is not a make or break issue anyway, but it certainly continues to feed the monster of uncertainty that pervades every aspect of law enforcement in this case

Except there is now the issue of why the FBI, and others. had no interest in the ,military intelligence file on Oswald

For the first few years after the assassination, Craig stayed with his original gift to the conspiracy theorists: his seeing a man he took to be Oswald running down the grassy slope west of the TSBD and getting into a Nash Rambler station wagon. It was only after he lost his job that his story began to get wilder and wider ranging. Maybe he felt he needed the cash, and he could make himself more sellable if he tarted up his testimony. Maybe he did it as an act of revenge against Sheriff Decker for firing him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2018, 06:28:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »

Matt, If you can't see with your own eyes that the rifle that was found buried beneath boxes of books on the sixth floor is a Model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano and you continue to entertain the idea that a mauser was actually found, then you've nailed one of your feet to the floor and you are stuck and you won't make any progress.