Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 96061 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »
Advertisement
The rifle found was said to be a 7.65 Mauser which had 7.65 Mauser stamped on the barrel and the news outlets were told that it was a 7.65 Mauser and was a 7.65 Mauser for almost two days as per Walter Cronkite and other news outlets but then the rifle became a 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano. Who was the first person to say that the rifle found was not a 7.65 Mauser (as was stamped on the barrel) but was said to be a Mannlicher Carcano a couple of days later. Roger Craig would not recant his ability to read 7.65 Mauser on the barrel of the rifle . It took "whoever" almost 2 days to tell us that a Mauser had become a Carcano . Roger Craig was shot at , had his car run off the road, and the engine on his car blew up and he was said to have committed suicide . Weitzman changed his story and went on to have a successful career. The markings on the Mannlicher Carcano were Cal. 6.5 Made in Italy & Terni ( which is the city of the manufacturer ) . 7.65 Mauser  and Cal. 6.5 , made in Italy & Terni are not even close as far as markings go. It was a 7.65 Mauser as per Craig and Weitzman . Live with it !

All of the films and photos taken that afternoon clearly show that the rifle is a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano.

We don't need no stinkin opinions of anybody....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
Here's one...

Michael .....The rifle in the photo is NOT stamped on the barrel....That stamp is on the receiver....

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2018, 11:26:30 PM »

Well, here we go... there is more testimony about the Mauser... Is it credible? Sounds credible...

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »

Gary, Maybe I missed something here... Who answers the last question in that article (I found out, Penn Jones)? And what do we know about Captain Glen King's testimony....?

And the Mauser on the roof story... a security guard dropped it?
That sounds about as convincing as, "the dog ate my homework."

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 05:04:14 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2018, 12:34:25 AM »

Thanx Walt..pardon my ignorance...is that nearby?
would I see either one if I was looking at the rifle like this ...

When we see the rifle being pickup in Alyea..is that the 1st time? - really? -how can we be sure?
Weitzman & Boone said they said stayed around for about 2-3 minutes after the rifle is pulled - where are they in the film?
I can't get past 2 good cops going back to the office and writing the 7.65  They're writing reports of the rifle; but are unsure?
 - why would they write that - next day?..and then write it again

Thanx Walt..pardon my ignorance...is that nearby?
would I see either one if I was looking at the rifle like this ...

Probably not Michael ....And Roger Craig never got that close to the rifle.   If he had he probably would have needed a magnifying glass to read small the stamping on the rifle. 

Michael you're a smart guy..... don't handicap yourself by believing something that is so easily shown to be a lie.

Personally... I sincerely wish Roger Craig's words could be taken without question.  But alas....that is not the case.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2018, 12:53:17 AM »
Mitch, You say,
There is also no mention of "7.65 Mauser" in his 1971 work "When They Kill a President."

I just read through Craig's book, When They Kill a President... He does mention a Mauser (below):

Capt. Fritz asked if anyone knew what kind of rifle it
was. Weitzman asked to see it. After a *close* examination (much
longer than Fritz or Day's examination) Weitzman declared that it
was a 7.65 German Mauser. Fritz agreed with him.

I'm talking about Craig's claim to have actually seen "Mauser" and "7.65" stamped into the barrel of the rifle. I apologize if I didn't state it clearly enough. The "I saw'Mauser 7.65' stamped on the barrel of the rifle" part of his story doesn't appear until the 1973-75 time frame.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2018, 12:53:17 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2018, 12:57:47 AM »
Well, here we go... there is more testimony about the Mauser... Is it credible? Sounds credible...

FP: Did you handle that rifle?
RC: Yes, I did. I couldn't give you its name because I don't know foreign rifles. [...]

This is the same guy who said a few years later that he actually saw "Mauser 7.65" stamped into the barrel of the gun. The two stories are inherently contradictory; both can't be right. Do you not get that?