Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald really beat his wife?  (Read 33971 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Oswald really beat his wife?
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »
Advertisement
No wonder Marina gave up the ghost with this bullying little prick:

23. He treated Marina very poorly. He belittled her and was boorish to her in our presence. He talked to her and ordered her around just as though she were a mere chattel. He was never polite or tender 'to her. I feel very strongly that she was frightened of him. The only occasion I saw him physically mistreat her was the occasion I have mentioned but I heard repeatedly from Mrs. Hall George Bouhe, and others that Oswald was physically mistreating her.
24. Oswald was not grateful for any of the help that was being accorded to him and Marina. He never once offered to contribute in even a small way to Mrs. Hall or any of the others with whom Marina stayed. This was often a topic of conversation among us. We did not have much money ourselves and we were knocking ourselves out to help. He did not express any thanks or evidence the slightest appreciation; in fact, he evidenced displeasure and contempt.
25. I expressed to Mrs. Hall and to my friend George Bouhe, and to others that I thought that they were only worsening things because the Oswalds did not appear appreciative of what was being done for them. He acted as though the world owed him a living. I had the impression from time to time that Marina was pretending and acting.
26. Oswald always acted toward her like a soldier commanding one of his troops. My overall impression of Oswald was that he was angry with the whole world and with himself to boot; that he really did not know what he wanted;
that he was frustrated because he was not looked up to; and that he was dissatisfied with everything, including himself.
27. Mrs. Hall told me on several occasions that Marina had said to her that she was quite afraid of Oswald and that when she got to know a little more English she intended to leave him. Oswald did not care who was present as far as his boorish attitude toward Marina was concerned. It seemed that he did not care what others thought about anything.
28. Anna Meller, Mrs. Hall, George Bouhe and the deMohrenschildts, and all that group had pity for Marina and her child. None of us cared for Oswald because of his political philosophy, his criticism of the United States, his apparent lack of interest in anyone but himself and because of his treatment of Marina. Although the men were sometimes skeptical about helping them out, the ladies were quite compassionate about Marina and felt that she needed help not only because of their straitened financial circumstances, but because of Oswald's mistreatment of her.
29. I recall that when I saw the newspaper item in the Fort Worth paper about Oswald returning from Russia with his Russian wife, I spoke to Max Clark and his wife. They are good friends and fine people, and he is a lawyer. We were all apprehensive about coming in contact with the Oswalds but all the friends of mine later expressed the view that the Federal Bureau of Investigation knew Oswald and Marina were coming into this country, and If they did not do anything about it, it was probably all right to have contact with them. I am afraid I never became completely reassured.
30. Marina never had any money, not even pennies. Oswald would not give any money to her. Consequently, when she lived with Mrs. Hall and later with the others she and her baby were utterly-dependent upon their host. She could not buy even a package of cigarettes, and even had she wished, she could not tender any token to her hosts.

Booyah, MCP

Chappy, You're sick....   You conjure up the damnedest nonsense and present it is if it's true.  I'd be ashamed of myself.

If you're not embarrassed then you may benefit from the services of a shrink.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2018, 02:22:08 AM »

27. Mrs. Hall told me on several occasions that Marina had said to her that she was quite afraid of Oswald....

'So & so told me that such and such said'.... as I mentioned before, this is called hearsay.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:34 AM »

'So & so told me that such and such said'.... as I mentioned before, this is called hearsay.

Mr. LIEBELER - The first time that Marina came to your house, can you remember exactly when that was?
Mrs. HALL - in July. Sometime in July.
Mr. LIEBELER - And you noticed even in July that she had been bruised, is that correct?
Mrs. HALL - Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER - But it wasn't until October or November -
Mrs. HALL - October when she moved.
Mr. LIEBELER - That you learned that she had gotten those bruises as a result of her husband beating her, is that right?
Mrs. HALL - Yes.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:34 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2018, 05:33:36 AM »
Also covered in the opening post...

Elena Hall
Date:  July 1962     (Estimate according to Mrs. Hall)
Mrs Hall:  "black and blue over half of her face"
Note: Bouhe took Marina to Elena's house. The date must be wrong because Bouhe testified that he first saw the bruise when the group went to visit Marina. That was at the end of August.

White Russian Group Visits Marina
Date: Late August 1962
Mr. Bouhe:   "black eye"
Mrs. Meller:  "terrible blue spot over her eye."  "Under her eye was  blue  and over here [pointing].")
Marina tells Bouhe that Lee hit her. Probably too embarrassed to tell what really happened. Oswald was a loser and most likely, the marriage was headed for the rocks...but even in her own testimony, Marina told the commission that Lee wasn't really violent  [but then he was and then he wasn't]   
Marina tells Mrs. Meller that she bumped into door when feeding baby at night.     (Mrs. Meller)
Lee wasn't present.     (Bouhe, Mrs.Meller)

Mr. RANKIN. Could you tell us a little about when he did beat you because
we have reports that at times neighbors saw signs of his having beat you, so that we might know the occasions and why he did such things.
Mrs. OSWALD. The neighbors simply saw that because I have a very sensitive skin, and even a very light blow would show marks. Sometimes it was my own fault.
Didn't elaborate
Mr. RANKIN. Do you recall that you called Mrs. Meller and told her about your husband beating you and she told you to get a cab and come to stay with her?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, but he didn't beat me.
Mr. RANKIN. And you didn't tell her that he had beat you, either?
Mrs. OSWALD. I don't think so. Perhaps she understood it that he had beaten me, because it had happened.
That made no sense.
Mr. McDONALD. During this time in the Soviet Union, did Lee Harvey Oswald ever demonstrate any violent tendencies, any antisocial tendencies, either to you personally or in general?
Mrs. PORTER. Well, he would lose temper a few times, but he was pretty good at controlling it. You know naturally during the marriage husband and wife do fuss sometimes.
Mr. McDONALD. But it is your testimony that his behavior was not-
Mrs. PORTER. He wasn't really violent, no.
Mr. PREYER. Perhaps the word "deceptive."
Was he deceptive to you? Did he say to you he would do one thing and you later learned he did another thing?
Mrs. PORTER. Not that I know of, not at that particular period of my life.
Mr. PREYER. At this period of your life, did he ever act violently in front of you?
Mrs. PORTER. No.

Mr. McDONALD - What did he say? What did you say to him about President Kennedy's trip to Dallas?
Mrs. PORTER - It was quite exciting, you know, for me to talk about, but it seemed like he is changing the subject or just refused to talk about, but it wasn't in any hostile way or violent form. Just looked like he just ignored a little bit you know to talk about.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »
LOL

Are you saying Mother Dearest was actually in the tub while bathing Dirty Harvey? They were saving water I suppose. I guess by her saying he was 'too big' by age 10-11 she meant for the tub, huh? The hits just keep on

It seems you are in the habit of making crap up and then asking the other person if that's what they are saying.

No, that's not what I'm saying.  But nice dodge.

STOP twisting and exaggerating what I said: I asked if sleeping with his mother might be a factor in his later wife-beating.

"his later wife-beating" is what this thread is discussing the veracity of.  You don't just get to state it as a fact to make your weird judgmental correlations.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
No wonder Marina gave up the ghost with this bullying little prick:

23. He treated Marina very poorly. He belittled her and was boorish to her in our presence. He talked to her and ordered her around just as though she were a mere chattel. He was never polite or tender 'to her. I feel very strongly that she was frightened of him. The only occasion I saw him physically mistreat her was the occasion I have mentioned but I heard repeatedly from Mrs. Hall George Bouhe, and others that Oswald was physically mistreating her.
24. Oswald was not grateful for any of the help that was being accorded to him and Marina. He never once offered to contribute in even a small way to Mrs. Hall or any of the others with whom Marina stayed. This was often a topic of conversation among us. We did not have much money ourselves and we were knocking ourselves out to help. He did not express any thanks or evidence the slightest appreciation; in fact, he evidenced displeasure and contempt.
25. I expressed to Mrs. Hall and to my friend George Bouhe, and to others that I thought that they were only worsening things because the Oswalds did not appear appreciative of what was being done for them. He acted as though the world owed him a living. I had the impression from time to time that Marina was pretending and acting.
26. Oswald always acted toward her like a soldier commanding one of his troops. My overall impression of Oswald was that he was angry with the whole world and with himself to boot; that he really did not know what he wanted;
that he was frustrated because he was not looked up to; and that he was dissatisfied with everything, including himself.
27. Mrs. Hall told me on several occasions that Marina had said to her that she was quite afraid of Oswald and that when she got to know a little more English she intended to leave him. Oswald did not care who was present as far as his boorish attitude toward Marina was concerned. It seemed that he did not care what others thought about anything.
28. Anna Meller, Mrs. Hall, George Bouhe and the deMohrenschildts, and all that group had pity for Marina and her child. None of us cared for Oswald because of his political philosophy, his criticism of the United States, his apparent lack of interest in anyone but himself and because of his treatment of Marina. Although the men were sometimes skeptical about helping them out, the ladies were quite compassionate about Marina and felt that she needed help not only because of their straitened financial circumstances, but because of Oswald's mistreatment of her.
29. I recall that when I saw the newspaper item in the Fort Worth paper about Oswald returning from Russia with his Russian wife, I spoke to Max Clark and his wife. They are good friends and fine people, and he is a lawyer. We were all apprehensive about coming in contact with the Oswalds but all the friends of mine later expressed the view that the Federal Bureau of Investigation knew Oswald and Marina were coming into this country, and If they did not do anything about it, it was probably all right to have contact with them. I am afraid I never became completely reassured.
30. Marina never had any money, not even pennies. Oswald would not give any money to her. Consequently, when she lived with Mrs. Hall and later with the others she and her baby were utterly-dependent upon their host. She could not buy even a package of cigarettes, and even had she wished, she could not tender any token to her hosts.

Booyah, MCP

Mr. "cut and paste plagiarized argument with no attribution" strikes again.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »

The same guy who rarely left Marina money - she said he would leave her a few dollars on Monday when he returned to the rooming house - suddenly decides to leave $170 on the day of the assassination? Even though, Marina said, he was going to see her again on the weekend? Why not leave the money on Monday per the usual routine?

And again, one hundred and seventy dollars?

This is where the Oswald defenders reply, "Lots of men leave their wives money."

Junie needed new shoes.

He can't win.  You guys criticize him when he gives her money and you criticize him when he doesn't give her money.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2018, 07:13:28 AM »

Where in hell did that come from??
Also ...try your own links before you post them.... to see if they work.
And stop that drinking...it's bad for you.

John Pic spoke about Oswald being washed by his mother and sleeping with her
You put his statement down, which to me means you are calling him a liar