Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald really beat his wife?  (Read 33346 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Did Oswald really beat his wife?
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »
Advertisement
What kind of loaded question is that?  Have you stopped beating your wife?

Answer the question

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2018, 12:36:41 AM »
I was asked if I knew anything about domestic violence.
  ---   99.99% of the time when violent spousal incidents occur, it is preceded, accompanies or is followed by some sort of door slamming, screaming, yelling, name calling, dish throwing, furniture tossing  or other some such forms of racket that neighbors would hear and complain about.

Were such occurrences ever testified to?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 12:43:09 AM »
I was asked if I knew anything about domestic violence.
  ---   99.99% of the time when violent spousal incidents occur, it is preceded, accompanies or is followed by some sort of door slamming, screaming, yelling, name calling, dish throwing, furniture tossing  or other some such forms of racket that neighbors would hear and complain about.

Were such occurrences ever testified to?

10. I distinctly recall the occasion upon which and the circumstances under which Marina left Mrs. Hall's and was taken by Oswald and George deMohrenschildt's daughter Alexandra and her husband Gary Taylor to Dallas to live. It was on a Sunday while Mrs. Hall was in New York. My recollection is that it was in the fore part of November on the Sunday preceeding the return of Mr. and Mrs. Hall from New York. On the preceeding Friday evening the phone rang in my apartment. It was Marina. She said that she was going to leave the Halls and go to Dallas to live with Oswald. At this point Oswald interrupted and spoke on the telephone saying to me in a commanding way that they were going to move into Dallas that coming week-end and he directed me to come by the next day. I came by the Halls the next day, which was Saturday, in the morning. Marina and Oswald were there. I entered the house. Marina was in the living room with her child in her arms. We had just begun to discuss the matter of moving the next day when Oswald observed that the zipper on Marina's skirt was not completely closed. He called to her in a very angry and commanding tone of voice just like an officer commanding a soldier. His exact words were, "Come Here!", in the Russian Language, and he uttered them the way you would call a dog with which you were displeased in order to inflict punishment on him. He was standing in the doorway leading from the living room into another room of the house. When she reached the doorway he rudely reprimanded her in a flat imperious voice about being careless in her dress and slapped her hard in the face twice. Marina still had the baby in her arms. Her face was red and tears came to her eyes. All this took place in my presence. I was very much embarrassed and also angry but I had long been afraid of Oswald and I did not say anything.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ../testimony/kleinler.htm

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 12:43:09 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »
Answer the question

I'm not going to answer your loaded question.

Demonstrate the sleeping with one's mother until age 10 makes him a wife beater.  Your judgmental ass obviously doesn't know what it's like to grow up in a poor family.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »
I'm not going to answer your loaded question.

Demonstrate the sleeping with one's mother until age 10 makes him a wife beater.  Your judgmental ass obviously doesn't know what it's like to grow up in a poor family.

LOL

Are you saying Mother Dearest was actually in the tub while bathing Dirty Harvey? They were saving water I suppose. I guess by her saying he was 'too big' by age 10-11 she meant for the tub, huh? The hits just keep on

"Demonstrate the sleeping with one's mother until age 10 makes him a wife beater."
STOP twisting and exaggerating what I said: I asked if sleeping with his mother might be a factor in his later wife-beating.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:59:49 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »

Gee...I must not have read the first page of this thread.

That's OK here it is again. From the lead post...........................................

Alexander Kleinlerer had signed an affidavit in June 1964.
This statement seems very much like something that was just  typed up for him and then he signed it.
In it he supposedly claims that he was 'scared' of Oswald.
That Oswald 'frightened him'.
That he 'was concerned and suspicious about Oswald from the outset'.
It upset him 'when Oswald would say things against the United States.' He 'did not argue with Oswald' because he [Lee] 'appeared to him to be dangerous in his mind and he [AK] was frightened'.

Based on statements like this, I just have to wonder why all these people ever hung out together. Something seems fishy about that whole episode. Afraid of a mousey Oswald? Robert Oswald testified that Marina told him that she threw Lee in the bathroom and locked the door on him and hapless Lee sulked there all day. [How do you lock the bathroom door from the outside anyway?]

Recall the statements of Paul Gregory ...Marina fell and hit her head while holding the baby and though June wasn't hurt, Oswald still chastised Marina, but he didn't strike her.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2018, 08:57:17 PM »

I asked if sleeping with his mother might be a factor in his later wife-beating
 ...follow the dots Sherlock.

OK Sigmund...
What Causes Domestic Violence?

What causes domestic violence to become the norm for an abuser? Most domestic abusers grew up witnessing domestic abuse and violence in their own homes. They learned to view physical and emotional violence as valid ways to vent anger and cope with their own internal fears and self-perception issues. The modeling they saw while growing up gets reinforced in these ways:

Using violence and abuse tactics worked to solve problems for them in the past
    They have established tremendous control over others through abuse tactics
    No one has stopped them or reported them to authorities

Common triggers that set off an abuser:

Disagreement with their intimate partner
    Protracted periods of unemployment
    Financial issues
    Desperation when partner threatens to leave
    Anger escalation
    Humiliation stemming from problems at work or other perceived failures
    Jealousy and envy

Many experts believe psychopathology, developed by growing up in a violent and abusive household causes domestic violence to continue as a generational legacy. Witnessing abuse as the norm, or being abused, destroys the child's ability to trust others and undermines his or her ability to control emotions. This produces hostile, dependant, and emotionally insecure people with a deeply impaired ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships.

Other experts believe genetic predisposition plays a part in the formation of an abuser, but very few studies offer definitive data to support this. In cultures where traditional beliefs endure that put women beneath men in status and personhood, domestic violence is rampant.

Even though the causes of domestic abuse remain poorly understood, it's critical that society stands strong against the crime of domestic violence and support laws and social programs put in place to stop the cycle
https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/domestic-violence/causes-of-domestic-violence-domestic-abuse

So 'financial issues" , 'disagreements', and 'protracted periods of employment' seem to be forefront causes of DV.
The Oswalds certainly seemed to have qualified there.
Millions of couples have had these problems.
However, wife beating in this case still has not been anymore than innuendo and hearsay and was used as fodder by the authorities in their zeal to show that Oswald was a violent maniac turned assassin.
Those who believe this are free to... but I question that the cover up machine here really cared either way.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2018, 08:57:17 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
30. Marina never had any money, not even pennies. Oswald would not give any money to her. Consequently, when she lived with Mrs. Hall and later with the others she and her baby were utterly-dependent upon their host. She could not buy even a package of cigarettes, and even had she wished, she could not tender any token to her hosts.

The same guy who rarely left Marina money - she said he would leave her a few dollars on Monday when he returned to the rooming house - suddenly decides to leave $170 on the day of the assassination? Even though, Marina said, he was going to see her again on the weekend? Why not leave the money on Monday per the usual routine?

And again, one hundred and seventy dollars?

This is where the Oswald defenders reply, "Lots of men leave their wives money."