Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358110 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2440 on: June 03, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »
Advertisement
Bump for Dan O'meara

From experience I know that it is normal LN procedure to simply abandon/ignore a conversation when faced with a problem, but I would like to get an answer to this fairly straight forward question;

You do remember that Roberts said that Oswald entered the rooming house when she was trying to get a better picture on the television, right?

Now, if Roberts was watching "As the world turns" and saw the special bulletin at 12:40 - as you claimed - she already must have had a good picture, right? So what's all this stuff about turning the TV on and trying to get a better picture when Oswald walked in? It doesn't add up, does it now, Sherlock?

Do you think I will have a credible answer before the year is out?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:58:34 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2440 on: June 03, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2441 on: June 03, 2021, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2442 on: June 04, 2021, 12:15:44 AM »
Bump for Dan O'meara

From experience I know that it is normal LN procedure to simply abandon/ignore a conversation when faced with a problem, but I would like to get an answer to this fairly straight forward question;

And I know from my experience of dealing with the Tinfoil Brigade that the only answer that matters is the one they already have and they will go to any extent to defend their "truth", as we have already seen.
Your lame self-portrayal as a man of reason is a joke. You have your answer already even though the unreliability of Roberts timestamp has been held up for all to see.
And even though continuing this discussion with you is a farce I will try to answer your question as openly and as honestly as my limited abilities allow.

You do remember that Roberts said that Oswald entered the rooming house when she was trying to get a better picture on the television, right?

Now, if Roberts was watching "As the world turns" and saw the special bulletin at 12:40 - as you claimed - she already must have had a good picture, right? So what's all this stuff about turning the TV on and trying to get a better picture when Oswald walked in? It doesn't add up, does it now, Sherlock?

Do you think I will have a credible answer before the year is out?

It doesn't matter how credible the answer is with you, you already know it all.
But here goes.

My first port of call was David Von Pein's website, an invaluable research tool. Without genuine researchers such as David, Robin Unger and Pat Speer a novice such as myself wouldn't have a clue what to do. It's all been done for me.
From there I found a video of the CBS channel showing it's contents uncut from just after the time of the assassination. This is the channel Roberts was watching according to her interview. It starts with As The World Turns, a popular soap opera. A quick Google search of the show threw up this image:

These are the two actors in the opening sequence of the video confirming it is As The World Turns.

I found a timestamp at 58:50 in the video where Walter states that JFK died at 1:00 PM "some thirty eight minutes ago".
Therefore 58:50 on the video = 1:38 PM in "real time" [RT] (obviously this is not to the second, just an approximation. But a close one)
The following analysis of the first part of the video is based on this approximate timestamp.

0:00  [ 12:39.10 RT ] -- "As The World Turns" is on
1:50  [ 12:41 RT ]     --  The first bulletin flashes on (this is the one shown in the Roberts interview)
2:50  [ 12:42 RT ]     --  First bulletin ends, followed by various ads
4:57  [ 12:44.07 RT ] -- Second Bulletin flashes on
7:08  [ 12:46.18 RT ] -- Second Bulletin finishes and "As The World Turns" resumes
8:50  [ 12:48 RT ]     --  "As The World Turns" goes into an ad break
9:34  [ 12:48.44 RT ] -- Third bulletin begins. This runs continuously until the 1:00 PM news comes on with Walter Cronkite

My best interpretation of Roberts testimony and the interview she gave is that her friend sees either the first or second Bulletin and rings Roberts to tell her the news.
Roberts switches on the TV and "As The World Turns" is on which goes into an ad break shortly after which the third and final bulletin comes on. This is the bulletin Roberts reports seeing. This bulletin begins around 12:49 PM. For whatever reason her TV starts playing up and she has to try to fix it. She can hear the report but the picture isn't any good. It is around this time Oswald comes in.

Remember - this is my best, most honest interpretation. It's not the only interpretation and it doesn't account for every statement Roberts made in her various testimonies and interviews, but it accounts for a lot of them.
Obviously the timings are not perfect to the second but they are probably within a minute.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:18:31 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2442 on: June 04, 2021, 12:15:44 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2443 on: June 04, 2021, 12:27:33 AM »
Word salad.

What makes you think you're in a position to make deals?

If Oswald wore two jackets in the cab there was no jacket to put on in the rooming house and no jacket to leave behind in the domino room. Elementary.

Why so shy Otto?
Why don't you want to say how Oswald got to the rooming house?

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #2444 on: June 04, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »
This is really exciting.
I feel like I'm tentatively treading through the echoing sub-chambers of the truly conspiratorial mind.
Is it shadow?
Is it light?
Just a few simple exchanges and through the looking-glass we go.

"Nice try, now it's "the rooming house" - - LOL"

But that's what I referred to it as before when I asked:

"Just for fun...how do you think Oswald got to his rooming house."

Nothing tricky is happening here.
How did Oswald get from the Dealey Plaza area to his rooming house at 1026 North Beckley Avenue?
You are saying he wasn't in Whaley's cab so I'm asking you how he got there.
There is no trap, it's all really straight-forward, it's a really simple question.

Instead of answering it you keep asking me if I've checked "the registry".
I'll make you a deal - I asked my question first, you answer that and I'll answer yours.
Promise.

Earlene Roberts testified that Oswald returned to the rooming house [at 1026 North Beckley Avenue] after she learned of the shooting of JFK.
How did Oswald get from the Dealey Plaza area to the rooming house?
Dan: I'll just drop this and move on: He doesn't believe Oswald lived/stayed at the rooming house. Why not? Because there is no "Lee Oswald" listed in the registry.

So that means Oswald never went to the rooming house after leaving the TSBD. Roberts did not see Oswald come in and leave. Whaley didn't drive Oswald to the rooming house. Again because Oswald NEVER LIVED at that house. When you ask how did Oswald get to the rooming house, he will say "LOL, rooming house." He doesn't believe Oswald went to the rooming house because Oswald never lived there.

These claims by Roberts and Whaley and others are all lies or falsehoods made to frame Oswald. End of story.

It's useless trying to find middle ground - or any ground - with this type of mindset. You argue that "one plus one equals two" and they will reply "LOL, there is no one and one."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:48:25 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2444 on: June 04, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2445 on: June 04, 2021, 12:37:51 AM »
Dan: He doesn't believe Oswald lived/stayed at the rooming house. Why not? Because there is no "Lee Oswald" listed in the registry.

So that means Oswald never went to the rooming house after leaving the TSBD. Roberts did not see Oswald come in and leave. Whaley didn't drive Oswald to the rooming house. Again because Oswald NEVER LIVED at that house. When you ask how did Oswald get to the rooming house, he will say "LOL, rooming house." He doesn't believe Oswald went to the rooming house because Oswald never lived there.

These claims by Roberts and Whaley and others are all lies or falsehoods made to frame Oswald. End of story.

It's useless trying to find middle ground - or any ground - with this type of mindset. You argue that "one plus one equals two" and they will reply "LOL, there is no one and one."

Cheers Steve,
I figured it was some kind of Tinfoil  BS: along those lines which is why I kept pushing it.
It would appear his reluctance to answer reflects his embarrassment at his own position on this.
I can see how "O. H. Lee" would throw someone like that off the scent.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2446 on: June 04, 2021, 12:43:17 AM »
And I know from my experience of dealing with the Tinfoil Brigade that the only answer that matters is the one they already have and they will go to any extent to defend their "truth", as we have already seen.
Your lame self-portrayal as a man of reason is a joke. You have your answer already even though the unreliability of Roberts timestamp has been held up for all to see.
And even though continuing this discussion with you is a farce I will try to answer your question as openly and as honestly as my limited abilities allow.

It doesn't matter how credible the answer is with you, you already know it all.

First LN instinct is ad hominem attack and insults. Nothing new or of interest there, so I'll just ignore it.

Your lame self-portrayal as a man of reason is a joke.

That's exactly what unreasonable people, pushing their own bogus agenda, have been saying about me for the past 40 years or so. I'm not impressed....

You have your answer already even though the unreliability of Roberts timestamp has been held up for all to see.

Huh? I don't even understand what the hell this means? if Roberts' timestamp is unreliable, then why do you continue to rely on what she said? You are not making any kind of sense.

But here goes.

My first port of call was David Von Pein's website, an invaluable research tool. Without genuine researchers such as David, Robin Unger and Pat Speer a novice such as myself wouldn't have a clue what to do. It's all been done for me.
From there I found a video of the CBS channel showing it's contents uncut from just after the time of the assassination. This is the channel Roberts was watching according to her interview. It starts with As The World Turns, a popular soap opera. A quick Google search of the show threw up this image:

These are the two actors in the opening sequence of the video confirming it is As The World Turns.

Yes, so what? Roberts said that Oswald came in as she was trying to get a better picture on the television (I'm paraphrasing, just in case you want to play word games again), so when did this happen?

I found a timestamp at 58:50 in the video where Walter states that JFK died at 1:00 PM "some thirty eight minutes ago".
Therefore 58:50 on the video = 1:38 PM in "real time" [RT] (obviously this is not to the second, just an approximation. But a close one)
The following analysis of the first part of the video is based on this approximate timestamp.

0:00  [ 12:39.10 RT ] -- "As The World Turns" is on
1:50  [ 12:41 RT ]     --  The first bulletin flashes on (this is the one shown in the Roberts interview)
2:50  [ 12:42 RT ]     --  First bulletin ends, followed by various ads
4:57  [ 12:44.07 RT ] -- Second Bulletin flashes on
7:08  [ 12:46.18 RT ] -- Second Bulletin finishes and "As The World Turns" resumes
8:50  [ 12:48 RT ]     --  "As The World Turns" goes into an ad break
9:34  [ 12:48.44 RT ] -- Third bulletin begins. This runs continuously until the 1:00 PM news comes on with Walter Cronkite

My best interpretation of Roberts testimony and the interview she gave is that her friend sees either the first or second Bulletin and rings Roberts to tell her the news.

So, that's the first assumption. The only problem is that Roberts said in the video I posted that her friend called her and told her Kennedy had been killed. That had not been broadcast yet.

Roberts switches on the TV and "As The World Turns" is on which goes into an ad break shortly after which the third and final bulletin comes on. This is the bulletin Roberts reports seeing. This bulletin begins around 12:49 PM. For whatever reason her TV starts playing up and she has to try to fix it. She can hear the report but the picture isn't any good. It is around this time Oswald comes in.

This is the bulletin Roberts reports seeing.

That's the second assumption

For whatever reason her TV starts playing up and she has to try to fix it. She can hear the report but the picture isn't any good.

That's the third assumption.

It is around this time Oswald comes in.

And that's the fourth assumption. This one has a major problem, because there is no way that Oswald could have made it from the TSBD to the rooming house by 12:49. Didn't you check the WC bible, like I told you to?

Remember - this is my best, most honest interpretation. It's not the only interpretation and it doesn't account for every statement Roberts made in her various testimonies and interviews, but it accounts for a lot of them.
Obviously the timings are not perfect to the second but they are probably within a minute.

No they are not. They are not even close.

There is not a shred of evidence that the television started to play up. You just made it up. What Roberts actually said (again paraphrasing) was that she turned on the television and she had the sound but the picture was still blurred.

But more importantly is that Roberts said, in her interview as well as in her testimony, that it must have been after one o'clock that Oswald came in. Now, why in the world would you make up your own alternate reality based on several assumptions instead of simply accepting what she testified?

Wait, no need to answer that. The real reason is already abundantly clear.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:25:08 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2446 on: June 04, 2021, 12:43:17 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2447 on: June 04, 2021, 02:34:43 AM »
First LN instinct is ad hominem attack and insults. Nothing new or of interest there, so I'll just ignore it.

Your lame self-portrayal as a man of reason is a joke.

That's exactly what unreasonable people, pushing their own bogus agenda, have been saying about me for the past 40 years or so. I'm not impressed....

You have your answer already even though the unreliability of Roberts timestamp has been held up for all to see.

Huh? I don't even understand what the hell this means? if Roberts' timestamp is unreliable, then why do you continue to rely on what she said? You are not making any kind of sense.

Yes, so what? Roberts said that Oswald came in as she was trying to get a better picture on the television (I'm paraphrasing, just in case you want to play word games again), so when did this happen?

So, that's the first assumption. The only problem is that Roberts said in the video I posted that her friend called her and told her Kennedy had been killed. That had not been broadcast yet.

This is the bulletin Roberts reports seeing.

That's the second assumption

For whatever reason her TV starts playing up and she has to try to fix it. She can hear the report but the picture isn't any good.

That's the third assumption.

It is around this time Oswald comes in.

And that's the fourth assumption. This one has a major problem, because there is no way that Oswald could have made it from the TSBD to the rooming house by 12:49. Didn't you check the WC bible, like I told you to?

No they are not. They are not even close.

There is not a shred of evidence that the television started to play up. You just made it up. What Roberts actually said (again paraphrasing) was that she turned on the television and she had the sound but the picture was still blurred.

But more importantly is that Roberts said, in her interview as well as in her testimony, that it must have been after one o'clock that Oswald came in. Now, why in the world would you make up your own alternate reality based on several assumptions instead of simply accepting what she testified?

Wait, no need to answer that. The real reason is already abundantly clear.

As predicted, a complete farce.
More than once I stressed that I was presenting an "interpretation" of various pieces of evidence which is necessarily a series of assumptions to integrate Roberts' statements with the video and you've jumped on that like it's some big discovery.
Well done. Great work.
But here's what I'd like to highlight just to show the pointlessness of attempting to deal with the Tinfoil mentality:

"So, that's the first assumption. The only problem is that Roberts said in the video I posted that her friend called her and told her Kennedy had been killed. That had not been broadcast yet."

In her WC testimony Roberts states that:

"Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on."

She emphasises it was after JFK was shot, which fits perfectly with her interview in which she says she was watching "As The World Turns" and the a bulletin came on. This bulletin referred to JFK being shot.
But in a short video posted of Roberts she uses the word "killed" instead of "shot" which you jump on to try and win a point.
The problem is that the announcement of JFK's death isn't until 1:38 PM.
So you are now implying that Oswald didn't enter the rooming house until after 1:38 PM which destroys your own theory!!

You have absolutely no qualms about destroying your own theory just to make a silly point so you can feel you're winning the argument.
Is there nothing you won't do to try and win a point?
What am I saying...you're more than prepared to falsify eye-witness testimony so why wouldn't you do this.
Truly unbelievable.
You're not worth discussing anything with.

And just for the record - I've not said anything about Oswald coming in at 12:49 PM. That's just a little strawman you've put up to knock down to give yourself the illusion you're still in the game.    ::)