Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 357947 times)

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2344 on: May 21, 2021, 12:16:51 AM »
Advertisement
'possibility that he already had his jacket off as he entered the house'
Earlene said nothing about Oswald carrying a jacket.

Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.

IMO there are only two things that Roberts is certain of regarding Oswald's trip to the rooming house - that he was in a real hurry and that he was zipping up a jacket on his way out.
It is entirely possible Oswald was carrying a jacket that Roberts didn't notice.
It would also make sense, if Oswald was in such a rush, to have taken his jacket off in preparation for a quick change of shirt.
The jacket Whaley reports seeing Oswald wearing.

Where did the jacket go between the taxi and the rooming house?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:26:43 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2344 on: May 21, 2021, 12:16:51 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2345 on: May 21, 2021, 12:36:29 AM »
Where did Buell say Oswald wore CE 163 on Friday

My bad. I should have said;

Frazier said Oswald was wearing a light grey jacket (which can only be CE 162) to Irving on Thursday. And Oswald returned to the TSBD on Friday morning wearing CE 163.

As you agree that CE 163 was found at the TSBD after the assassination and as you agree that he arrived at the rooming house wearing only a shirt (which of course can only mean that he left the TSBD without a jacket)

Given that CE163 was found in the TSBD and CE162 wasn't, it seems logical that the lighter jacket was the one Oswald put on @Beckley. Arriving in shirt sleeves nails it.

it is a more than fair assumption that Oswald was wearing CE 163 on Friday morning. Randle confirmed it. It is beyond doubt true that Frazier said in his testimony that he had never seen CE 163 before, but that seems kind of strange, because Oswald must have worn CE 163 at least once. How else could it have ended up at the TSBD?

And what's more, if you argue that CE 162 was at the rooming house on Friday afternoon, then he must have worn CE 163 that morning, right? I mean he only had two jackets, right?

So which ever way you turn it, it is more than plausible and in fact very likely that Oswald did in fact wear CE 163 on Friday morning and left the jacket in the Domino room when he left the building.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2346 on: May 21, 2021, 12:46:19 AM »
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?

IMO there are only two things that Roberts is certain of regarding Oswald's trip to the rooming house - that he was in a real hurry and that he was zipping up a jacket on his way out.
It is entirely possible Oswald was carrying a jacket that Roberts didn't notice.
It would also make sense, if Oswald was in such, a rush to have taken his jacket off in preparation for a quick change of shirt.

Hilarious, so much hypocrisy. To offer this in support of a claim that Roberts was wrong about the shirt.

and to ignore the same when discussing the possibility that Roberts was wrong about the jacket.

In Stone's JFK movie, there is a scene that was shot inside the rooming house. The actor playing Oswald is seen walking from the front door to his room in the back. You can time it. It takes only 5 seconds. So, while Roberts is trying to clear up the picture of the television and has her back turned to the living room, Oswald would only have taken 5 seconds to reach the front door. That is a ridiculously short period of time for somebody who was not paying attention to make any kind of sound observation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2346 on: May 21, 2021, 12:46:19 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2347 on: May 21, 2021, 12:47:48 AM »

It would also make sense, if Oswald was in such, a rush to have taken his jacket off in preparation for a quick change of shirt.

'I didn't pay that much attention'

Mr. BALL. Did you notice how he was dressed?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then. But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind of jacket, I didn't notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that almost matched the pants.

Neither jacket looks a 'work jacket' to me. Nor do either of them look like they're made of khaki.
And Whaley suddenly perks up when he finds out Oswald is a somebody.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:58:35 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2348 on: May 21, 2021, 05:05:57 AM »
Hilarious, so much hypocrisy. To offer this in support of a claim that Roberts was wrong about the shirt.

and to ignore the same when discussing the possibility that Roberts was wrong about the jacket.

In Stone's JFK movie, there is a scene that was shot inside the rooming house. The actor playing Oswald is seen walking from the front door to his room in the back. You can time it. It takes only 5 seconds. So, while Roberts is trying to clear up the picture of the television and has her back turned to the living room, Oswald would only have taken 5 seconds to reach the front door. That is a ridiculously short period of time for somebody who was not paying attention to make any kind of sound observation.

Only a fraction of a second, in a bat of the eye if you will, needed to make a 'sound observation' here:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:31:37 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2348 on: May 21, 2021, 05:05:57 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2349 on: May 21, 2021, 10:59:49 AM »
'I didn't pay that much attention'

Mr. BALL. Did you notice how he was dressed?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then. But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind of jacket, I didn't notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that almost matched the pants.

Neither jacket looks a 'work jacket' to me. Nor do either of them look like they're made of khaki.
And Whaley suddenly perks up when he finds out Oswald is a somebody.

The thing is Bill, I'm not offering up Whaley's testimony in isolation.
It is part of a narrative founded on Frazier's unequivocal identification of the jacket Oswald wore to work that morning.

Frazier is 100% certain Oswald was not wearing CE 163
Frazier is 100% certain Oswald was wearing a light grey, long sleeved zipper jacket to work that morning.
The same jacket he was wearing when he dropped him off at Irving on Thursday.

Frazier's unequivocal ID of the jacket is surely the kind of thing we should build our narrative on.
He rode to work with Oswald that morning. He sat right next to him.
He walked behind him as they went to the TSBD.
He was familiar with the jacket.
He was totally unfamiliar with CE 163.

I don't understand how you can brush off Frazier's testimony or why you would do that.
Regarding Oswald's jacket, Frazier's testimony is possibly the only testimony that is certain and definitive.
So, surely we start with this and then build on it.

Why don't you accept Frazier's testimony regarding Oswald's jacket?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:01:00 AM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2350 on: May 21, 2021, 11:04:09 AM »
Only a fraction of a second, in a bat of the eye if you will, needed to make a 'sound observation' here:

Sure, just like Marion Baker

Mr. BAKER - At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt.

<>

Mr. BAKER - I could have mistaken it for a jacket, but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2350 on: May 21, 2021, 11:04:09 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2351 on: May 21, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
The thing is Bill, I'm not offering up Whaley's testimony in isolation.
It is part of a narrative founded on Frazier's unequivocal identification of the jacket Oswald wore to work that morning.

Frazier is 100% certain Oswald was wearing a light grey, long sleeved zipper jacket to work that morning.

Frazier's unequivocal ID of the jacket is surely the kind of thing we should build our narrative on.
He rode to work with Oswald that morning. He sat right next to him.
He walked behind him as they went to the TSBD.
He was familiar with the jacket.
He was totally unfamiliar with CE 163.

I don't understand how you can brush off Frazier's testimony or why you would do that.
Regarding Oswald's jacket, Frazier's testimony is possibly the only testimony that is certain and definitive.
So, surely we start with this and then build on it.

Why don't you accept Frazier's testimony regarding Oswald's jacket?

Frazier was also certain that it wasn't one of the two zipper jackets the WC showed him

Mr. FRAZIER - It was a gray, more or less flannel, wool-looking type of jacket that I had seen him wear and that is the type of jacket he had on that morning.
Mr. BALL - Did it have a zipper on it?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; it was one of the zipper types.
Mr. BALL - It isn't one of these two zipper jackets we have shown?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir.

You can pretend that the WC never showed CE 162 to Frazier, because it isn't mentioned in the testimony, but the fact remains that Frazier was asked if it was one of these two jackets they had shown. The use of the word "these" implies that Ball is pointing to or showing him both jackets. To ignore this or pretend it didn't happen is utterly dishonest.

That's your conclusion and it is not supported by the facts.

A truth seeker does not build a narrative on cherry-picked testimony. He follows the evidence to where ever it takes him. So much for you being a truth seeker.

And why is it "our narrative"? Bill Chapman is a die-hard LN. Do you now identify yourself with him? Very telling indeed. Thank you for exposing your agenda.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:34:53 PM by Martin Weidmann »