Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358004 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2336 on: May 20, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »
Advertisement
Was JD Tippit an innocent cop or was he as corrupt as the rest of the Dallas Police Force ? Just a thought ...

No evidence Tippit was corrupt. No evidence the rest of the DPD was corrupt either.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2336 on: May 20, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2337 on: May 20, 2021, 05:56:19 PM »
Given that CE163 was found in the TSBD and CE162 wasn't, it seems logical that the lighter jacket was the one Oswald put on @Beckley. Arriving in shirt sleeves nails it.

I just can't brush off Frazier's testimony. It's absolutely unequivocal. He is certain Oswald wore a light grey, long-sleeved zipper jacket that morning. There is no doubt about that.
Whaley describes him as wearing a jacket in his testimony as he does in this video [1:37]

In my mind Oswald is on the run at this point, he gets Whaley to drive past the rooming house so he can check the coast is clear and he double-times it back to the rooming house. The point of returning to the rooming house, as far as I can tell, is to pick up the revolver and get a change of clothes while he's there. He's in a big rush so I don't imagine it to be beyond the realms of possibility that he already had his jacket off as he entered the house. He rushes through the living room, gets the revolver (leaving the holster there), changes his shirt (making sure to take the transfer ticket with him), stuffs the revolver down his waistband and is putting his jacket back on as he rushes out of the house.

I originally posted the Brewer thing to Weidmann, not you, by the way. And did not find it 'strange' that he didn't see a jacket. Go back and try to figure out why I posted that to Weidmann, not you.

My bad about the Brewer thing.
I see what you're saying now.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2338 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »
I just can't brush off Frazier's testimony. It's absolutely unequivocal. He is certain Oswald wore a light grey, long-sleeved zipper jacket that morning. There is no doubt about that.
Whaley describes him as wearing a jacket in his testimony as he does in this video [1:37]

In my mind Oswald is on the run at this point, he gets Whaley to drive past the rooming house so he can check the coast is clear and he double-times it back to the rooming house. The point of returning to the rooming house, as far as I can tell, is to pick up the revolver and get a change of clothes while he's there. He's in a big rush so I don't imagine it to be beyond the realms of possibility that he already had his jacket off as he entered the house. He rushes through the living room, gets the revolver (leaving the holster there), changes his shirt (making sure to take the transfer ticket with him), stuffs the revolver down his waistband and is putting his jacket back on as he rushes out of the house.

'possibility that he already had his jacket off as he entered the house'
Earlene said nothing about Oswald carrying a jacket.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2338 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »

Offline Michael Davidson

« Reply #2339 on: May 20, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »
No evidence Tippit was corrupt. No evidence the rest of the DPD was corrupt either.

M'kay 😎

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2340 on: May 20, 2021, 10:46:09 PM »

As I recall, Baker describes Oswald wearing a jacket in the TSBD lunch room and then only moments later Mrs. Reid describes Oswald in just a white t-shirt w/o any jacket or outer shirt.  I think you would drive yourself crazy drying to reconcile all the descriptions.  It is not something anyone had cause to note at the time and recall later.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2340 on: May 20, 2021, 10:46:09 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2341 on: May 20, 2021, 10:50:48 PM »
As I recall, Baker describes Oswald wearing a jacket in the TSBD lunch room and then only moments later Mrs. Reid describes Oswald in just a white t-shirt w/o any jacket or outer shirt.  I think you would drive yourself crazy drying to reconcile all the descriptions.  It is not something anyone had cause to note at the time and recall later.

True, but if Frazier was right in saying that Oswald was wearing a light grey jacket (which can only be CE 162) to Irving on Thursday evening and he left the TSBD without a jacket after the assassination, how did CE 162 end up at the rooming house on Friday afternoon for Oswald to put on?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2342 on: May 20, 2021, 11:25:07 PM »

Bugliosi: Do you recall how he was dressed
Baker: No sir

Testimony Of Marrion L. Baker
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/baker_m1.htm

Mr. BAKER - At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt.
Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.
Mr. BELIN - Handing you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 150, would this appear to be anything that you have ever seen before?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; I believe that is the shirt that he had on when he came. I wouldn't be sure of that. It seemed to me like that other shirt was a little bit darker than that whenever I saw him in the homicide office there.
Mr. BELIN - What about when you saw him in the School Book Depository Building, does this look familiar as anything he was wearing, if you know?
Mr. BAKER - I couldn't say whether that was--it seemed to me it was a light-colored brown but I couldn't say it was that or not.
Mr. DULLES - Lighter brown did you say, I am just asking what you said. I couldn't quite hear.
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; all I can remember it was in my recollection of it it was a light brown jacket.
Mr. BELIN - Are you referring to this Exhibit 150 as being similar to the jacket or similar to the shirt that you saw or, if not, similar to either one?
Mr. BAKER - Well, it would be similar in color to it--I assume it was a jacket, it was hanging out. Now, I was looking at his face and I wasn't really paying any attention. After Mr. Truly said he knew him, so I didn't pay any attention to him, so I just turned and went on.
Mr. BELIN - Now, you did see him later at the police station, is that correct?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Was he wearing anything that looked like Exhibit 150 at the police station?
Mr. BAKER - He did have a brown-type shirt on that was out.
Mr. BELIN - Did it appear to be similar to any clothing you had seen when you saw him at the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. BAKER - I could have mistaken it for a jacket, but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2342 on: May 20, 2021, 11:25:07 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2343 on: May 20, 2021, 11:37:50 PM »
Hey, I agree with this. The question is; Frazier said Oswald was wearing a light grey jacket (which can only be CE 162) to Irving on Thursday and returned to the TSBD on Friday morning wearing CE 163. So, how did the light grey jacket (CE 162) from Irving to the rooming house?

Where did Buell say Oswald wore CE 163 on Friday