Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358313 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2064 on: May 10, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »
Advertisement
I knew I had seen you mention 3 minutes before

Right.  I said three minutes.  But that's not what you erroneously claimed that I said.

Since when does saying that Callaway reached the scene three minutes after the shots mean that Callaway was at the police radio in LESS THAN three minutes?

You really don't understand the difference?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2064 on: May 10, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2065 on: May 10, 2021, 06:29:43 PM »
I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is, but it has nothing to do with the question I asked Bill Brown, who claimed in the interview that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus"

I've already explained this.  Go back and look.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #2066 on: May 10, 2021, 07:03:45 PM »
Jack tatum confirms it was Oswald who fired the shots

Where can I find his testimony?
\
This is the Tatum testimony to the HSCA, Martin.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/tatum.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2066 on: May 10, 2021, 07:03:45 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2067 on: May 10, 2021, 07:11:10 PM »
Right.  I said three minutes.  But that's not what you erroneously claimed that I said.

Since when does saying that Callaway reached the scene three minutes after the shots mean that Callaway was at the police radio in LESS THAN three minutes?

`

Right.  I said three minutes.

Indeed, so when you disagreed with my statement you were wrong. No biggie, why not simply admit it?

But that's not what you erroneously claimed that I said.

Changing the goal posts? Really?

I claimed you had said that Callaway reached the scene less than three minutes after shots.
You disagreed and wanted me to show you where you said it. Which is exactly what I did.

Now you show where I "erroneously" claimed that Callaway was at the police radio in less than three minutes?

What difference? The difference between what I actually said and what you falsely claim I have said. Sure I understand that difference.

Here it is;

Ted Callaway is at the patrol car reporting the shooting at 1:19 and his description of his actions tells us that he's at that patrol car probably three minutes after the shots rang out.

to which I replied;

If Callaway is at the patrol car three minutes after the shots, he must have arrived at the scene in less than 3 minutes as he did not go straight away to the patrol car but checked on Tippit first. In December 2020 you actually agree with this.

Although you will likely not admit it - after all the great Bill Brown can't be wrong (that's sarcasm, btw) - you are wrong again.

One more thing. If you have Callaway at the patrol car reporting the shooting within 3 minutes after the shots, at 1:19 you have the shooting taking place at 1:16 PM.

But the DPD radio tapes has Bowley making his 46 seconds call at 1:17 PM
And before that you have Benavides waiting 40 seconds in his car until the killer had gone and needing one minute to try and operate the radio.

It doesn't add up. Can you explain the descrepancy?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:19:13 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2068 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »
I've already explained this.  Go back and look.

No, no need to go back. You gave me an explanation about how you reached a conclusion.

That's not the same as the claim you made in the interview, that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus"

McWatters never testified to any such thing and did not even get to the point where he was willing to positively identify Oswald.

So when you falsely claim that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus" you are misrepresenting the facts and are in fact creating the impression by people listening that McWatters actually did identfiy Oswald which he never did.

Now, why not simply admit you were wrong when you made your claim that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus"?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:19:43 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2068 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2069 on: May 10, 2021, 07:17:03 PM »
\
This is the Tatum testimony to the HSCA, Martin.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/tatum.htm

Thanks, Ray... I had forgotten that HSCA interview report.

I was actually asking for his testimony under oath.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:30:45 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2070 on: May 10, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »
`

Indeed, so when you disagreed with my statement you were wrong. No biggie, why not simply admit it?

Changing the goal posts? Really?

I claimed you had said that Callaway reached the scene less than three minutes after shots.
You disagreed and wanted me to show you where you said it. Which is exactly what I did.

Now you show where I "erroneously" claimed that Callaway was at the police radio in less than three minutes?

What difference? The difference between what I actually said and what you falsely claim I have said. Sure I understand that difference.

Here it is;

to which I relipied;

Although you will likely not admit it - after all the great Bill Brown can't be wrong (that's sarcasm, btw) - you are wrong again.

One more thing. If you have Callaway at the patrol car reporting the shooting within 3 minutes after the shots, at 1:19 you have the shooting taking place at 1:16 PM.

But the DPD radio tapes has Bowley making his 46 seconds call at 1:17 PM
And before that you have Benavides waiting 40 seconds in his car until the killer had gone and needing one minute to try and operate the radio.

No.  YOU said that I said that Callaway reached the scene in less than three minutes.

I did not say that you claimed such a thing.

There is no discrepancy in what I said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2070 on: May 10, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2071 on: May 10, 2021, 10:23:32 PM »

No.  YOU said that I said that Callaway reached the scene in less than three minutes.

Where exactly did I say that? Show me...

As far as I know, all I did was put two of your statements together;

Ted Callaway is at the patrol car reporting the shooting at 1:19 and his description of his actions tells us that he's at that patrol car probably three minutes after the shots rang out.

Callaway was at the scene sooner than five minutes after the shots; he just did not get on the police radio to report it immediately upon arriving at the scene.

At the patrol car at probably 3 minutes after the shots + he just did not get on the police radio to report it immediately upon arriving at the scene = he arrived at the scene less than 3 minutes after the shots (it's the only logical conclusion!)

I did not say that you claimed such a thing.

So why ask me an irrelevant question like this ;

Why ask me if I don't understand the difference, when I never said it in the first place?

There is no discrepancy in what I said.

Of course there is, but I never expected you to honestly admit it.

If you have Callaway making his radio call at 1:19, which by your own words is three minutes after the shots were fired, it means that Tippit was shot at 1:16.

But if Tippit was shot at 1:16, and you have Benavides waiting in his car for 40 seconds for the killer to leave and than one minute trying to get the radio to work, and to have Bowles making a 46 seconds radio call at 1:17, it simply doesn't add up. Even a teenager can do this math. It's easy!

To deny there is a descrepancy is just plain dishonest.