Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358068 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2056 on: May 10, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »
Advertisement
I knew I had seen you mention 3 minutes before

No.  You said that I stated it.  Just look below.

I ask, for the third time (at least)... When did I say that Callaway reached the scene less than three minutes after hearing the shots?

Hi Dale.  I don't recall if I responded to this post or not.  This thread got caught up in a lot of political debate for many pages.

In my opinion (based on eyewitness descriptions), Tippit and Oswald carry on a conversation for less than thirty seconds.  The shooting itself probably took less than five seconds (and is therefore irrelevant when discussing a timeline).

Ted Callaway is at the patrol car reporting the shooting at 1:19 and his description of his actions tells us that he's at that patrol car probably three minutes after the shots rang out.

If Callaway is at the patrol car three minutes after the shots, he must have arrived at the scene in less than 3 minutes as he did not go straight away to the patrol car but checked on Tippit first. In December 202 you actually agree with this.

All ya gotta do is read Callaway's own words.  He did not make his way up to the corner until after the killer had reached the corner of Patton and Jefferson.

Callaway was at the scene sooner than five minutes after the shots; he just did not get on the police radio to report it immediately upon arriving at the scene.

You really should read his testimony a little closer.

Now your lie (that you never said it) is exposed, when can I expect the proof that the Nash couple actually saw the time stamp card for the ambulance at the funeral home?

And when are you going to show me where McWatters said in his testimony that "Oswald got on the bus"?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:58:19 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2056 on: May 10, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2057 on: May 10, 2021, 03:55:24 PM »
Callaway backs up Jack Tatums account. They both heard (Tatum actually saw) Oswald fire a few shots first and then a few seconds later fire another shot. This account also matches the Davis girls account where she heard a few shots, sat up in bed in shock and then heard another shot.

All these eyewitnesses back up each other and Jack tatum confirms it was Oswald who fired the shots.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2058 on: May 10, 2021, 04:26:46 PM »
Callaway backs up Jack Tatums account. They both heard (Tatum actually saw) Oswald fire a few shots first and then a few seconds later fire another shot. This account also matches the Davis girls account where she heard a few shots, sat up in bed in shock and then heard another shot.

All these eyewitnesses back up each other and Jack tatum confirms it was Oswald who fired the shots.

Jack tatum confirms it was Oswald who fired the shots

Where can I find his testimony?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2058 on: May 10, 2021, 04:26:46 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2059 on: May 10, 2021, 04:35:36 PM »
Re McWatters

Texas Portal
Handwritten affidavit by Cecil J. McWatters.

McWatters states that he was driving a bus at about 12:40 PM when he picked up a man, who told him that the President had been shot, and then a woman. The woman did not believe that the President had been shot, and the man grinned. McWatters does not recall where he let the man off. He writes that the man looks like the #2 man in the lineup he saw.

-------------

In WC Q&A:
'One man in the lineup was about the size and the height and and complexion of a man that got my bus, but as far as positively identifying the man I could not do so'

-------------

Mr. McWATTERS - Just like I say, I remember he had on, to me he had on just work clothes, he didn't have on a suit of clothes, and some type of jacket. I would say a cloth jacket.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:44:45 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2060 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »
Re McWatters

Texas Portal
Handwritten affidavit by Cecil J. McWatters.

McWatters states that he was driving a bus at about 12:40 PM when he picked up a man, who told him that the President had been shot, and then a woman. The woman did not believe that the President had been shot, and the man grinned. McWatters does not recall where he let the man off. He writes that the man looks like the #2 man in the lineup he saw.

-------------

In WC Q&A:
'One man in the lineup was about the size and the height and and complexion of a man that got my bus, but as far as positively identifying the man I could not do so'

-------------

Mr. McWATTERS - Just like I say, I remember he had on, to me he had on just work clothes, he didn't have on a suit of clothes, and some type of jacket. I would say a cloth jacket.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is, but it has nothing to do with the question I asked Bill Brown, who claimed in the interview that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus"

What you provide is at best that McWatters wrote in an affidavit that a man got on the bus who looked like the # 2 man in the line up but which he could not positively identify.

Obviously, Bill Brown misrepresented the facts when he claimed that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus", unless of course I am missing something and Bill can show me that actual piece of testimony.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:57:11 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2060 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2061 on: May 10, 2021, 05:38:21 PM »
I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is, but it has nothing to do with the question I asked Bill Brown, who claimed in the interview that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus"

What you provide is at best that McWatters wrote in an affidavit that a man got on the bus who looked like the # 2 man in the line up but which he could not positively identify.

Obviously, Bill Brown misrepresented the facts when he claimed that "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus", unless of course I am missing something and Bill can show me that actual piece of testimony.

It supports your beef against BillB. Now how does that have "nothing to do" with the question you asked Bill Brown?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:39:56 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2062 on: May 10, 2021, 05:44:06 PM »
It supports your beef against BillB. Now how does that have "nothing to do" with the question you asked Bill Brown?

No it does not support my beef against BillB, whatever that is supposed to mean.

I am asking Bill Brown to show me where in his testimony McWatters said "Oswald got on the bus".

It really isn't all that difficult to understand

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2062 on: May 10, 2021, 05:44:06 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2063 on: May 10, 2021, 05:57:52 PM »
No it does not support my beef against BillB, whatever that is supposed to mean.

I am asking Bill Brown to show me where in his testimony McWatters said "Oswald got on the bus".

Careful...