Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22474 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »
Advertisement
One of the many weaknesses of the official story of how Mr Oswald got to Beckley is his alleged decision to catch a bus on Elm St that would quite predictably end up snarled in traffic before taking its passengers into the same Dealey Plaza from which Mr Oswald was so desperate to get away from. Preposterous!

If Mr Oswald wanted to get a bus, he would have kept walking south on Houston

Any bus that was going to Oak Cliff would have passed by on Houston before the motorcade and it would have been long gone so there was no opportunity to catch a bus by walking south on Houston.

We simply don't know what Lee was thinking.....   He may have boarded the bus to get an opportunity to sit down and think.

I do believe that he had an appointment to keep in the Texas theater, and he wanted to get there as fast as possible.  Thus he got off the bus and walked to the Greyhound taxi stand, and hired a City cab at 12:48 driven by "mr Smith" not Wild William Whaley.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:31 PM »
Do you think that old cab driver would step out and give some young guy an allocation of whipass over a nickel? 
But never mind that. The fare said specifically 'the 500 block...N Beckley'. Why? That is at the intersection of Davis and Beckley and an easy 10 minutes walk to 10th and Patton. This--- 'Oswald was/must have been scoping out the rooming house' is purely illogical speculation.

Lee Oswald told Fritz that he gave the taxi driver 85 cents to pay for his fare to Beckley and Zangs

Whaley charged his passenger 95 cents for the ride to 700 N. Beckley, and Whaley said the man gave him a dollar.

What can we conclude about these two different accounts ??

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2021, 12:36:05 AM »
One of the many weaknesses of the official story of how Mr Oswald got to Beckley is his alleged decision to catch a bus on Elm St that would quite predictably end up snarled in traffic before taking its passengers into the same Dealey Plaza from which Mr Oswald was so desperate to get away from. Preposterous!

If Mr Oswald wanted to get a bus, he would have kept walking south on Houston

For those who believe Oswald was a fugitive on the run when he left the TSBD after the assassination, his random, making it up as he goes along progress back to the rooming house isn't really an issue.
Obviously, for those who believe Oswald was completely innocent and in no way involved in the assassination of the president it must seem bizarre.
If he was an innocent bystander who just decided to leave work for no reason, why would he be in a rush to get anywhere? He could've stayed on that bus as long as he wanted to, there was no reason for him to rush home.
Why would he suddenly decide to get a taxi considering what a tight-fisted f%ck he was?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2021, 12:36:05 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2021, 12:57:31 AM »
Any bus that was going to Oak Cliff would have passed by on Houston before the motorcade and it would have been long gone so there was no opportunity to catch a bus by walking south on Houston.

Fair point, Mr Cakebread, thank you  Thumb1:

We simply don't know what Lee was thinking.....   He may have boarded the bus to get an opportunity to sit down and think.

I do believe that he had an appointment to keep in the Texas theater, and he wanted to get there as fast as possible.  Thus he got off the bus and walked to the Greyhound taxi stand, and hired a City cab at 12:48 driven by "mr Smith" not Wild William Whaley.

Just can't see Mr Oswald walking away from Dealey Plaza only to get on board a vehicle that is heading to................. Dealey Plaza. I still think Mr Frazier may have been his ticket out of town

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2021, 01:07:59 AM »
Fair point, Mr Cakebread, thank you  Thumb1:

Just can't see Mr Oswald walking away from Dealey Plaza only to get on board a vehicle that is heading to................. Dealey Plaza. I still think Mr Frazier may have been his ticket out of town

Approximately what time do you imagine Frazier would've collected his vehicle from the railroad yard car park to give Bystander Ozzie an innocent lift home?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2021, 01:07:59 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »
For those who believe Oswald was a fugitive on the run when he left the TSBD after the assassination, his random, making it up as he goes along progress back to the rooming house isn't really an issue.

Hmmmmmmmmm.... It does require the complete lack of any escape plan. And the usual answer-----------he hadn't expected to leave the Depository alive------------doesn't ring true to me. The man we see in custody does not look like someone surprised to be still alive---------he looks like someone kicking back furiously at where fate has landed him.

If he was involved, then I think Mr Howard Brennan's recollection of a car by the Depository that was gone just after the assassination may explain Mr Oswald's erratic movements: he found himself stranded

Obviously, for those who believe Oswald was completely innocent and in no way involved in the assassination of the president it must seem bizarre.
If he was an innocent bystander who just decided to leave work for no reason, why would he be in a rush to get anywhere?

Well, quite, but I think this is a bit of a strawman argument. CTs who see Mr Oswald as innocent (of any involvement) tend to argue he was spooked out by what had happened--------------and worried that his subversive profile would see him pinned for involvement. Cf "They've taken me in because of the fact that I lived in the Soviet Union"......

Of course, most CTs fall somewhere between the LHO-As-Assassin and LHO-As-Innocent-Bystander options

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2021, 01:18:20 AM »
Approximately what time do you imagine Frazier would've collected his vehicle from the railroad yard car park to give Bystander Ozzie an innocent lift home?

I honestly don't know, Mr O'Meara. Perhaps 12:45 or so?

But I am not convinced that Mr Frazier hung around the Depository like he said he did. Mr Bonnie Ray Williams told authorities he last saw Mr Frazier between 10am and 11am. As far as I know, not a single person mentions Mr Frazier as a figure in the Depository after the assassination. That's passing strange, given that Mr Frazier would have been the go-to guy for information on Mr Oswald's whereabouts---------------he was Mr Oswald's one and only friend in the place, as well as the man who gave him rides to and from work. And the co-workers knew it.

As well as that, of course, Mr Frazier's accounts of where he went after leaving Dealey Plaza are all over the place.

Perhaps he asked Mr Shelley or Mr Truly for permission to slip away to visit his stepfather, who was recovering from a heart attack? In which case he would have been gone but not 'missing' (in the sense of unaccounted for)

By the way! I have never claimed that Mr Oswald was necessarily an innocent bystander, or that his request for a ride off Mr Frazier (if it happened) was necessarily innocent. That he was not up on the sixth floor firing shots is however beyond doubt IMO
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:23:05 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2021, 01:18:20 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2021, 01:19:54 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmm.... It does require the complete lack of any escape plan. And the usual answer-----------he hadn't expected to leave the Depository alive------------doesn't ring true to me. The man we see in custody does not look like someone surprised to be still alive---------he looks like someone kicking back furiously at where fate has landed him.

If he was involved, then I think Mr Howard Brennan's recollection of a car by the Depository that was gone just after the assassination may explain Mr Oswald's erratic movements: he found himself stranded

Well, quite, but I think this is a bit of a strawman argument. CTs who see Mr Oswald as innocent (of any involvement) tend to argue he was spooked out by what had happened--------------and worried that his subversive profile would see him pinned for involvement. Cf "They've taken me in because of the fact that I lived in the Soviet Union"......

Of course, most CTs fall somewhere between the LHO-As-Assassin and LHO-As-Innocent-Bystander options

I was more thinking of your suggestion that Frazier somehow collected his vehicle from an area swarming with police taking names and plates etc. to give Bystander Ozzzie a lift home.
Do you think Ozzie was on his own, involved or other?

LATER EDIT: You answered the questions I was asking before I even asked them.
Impressive.
 Thumb1:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:21:57 AM by Dan O'meara »