Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22115 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« on: September 21, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »
Advertisement
It seems strange that Lee Oswald was officially arrested for the murder of DPD officer JD Tippit, But as near as I can tell he wasn't interrogated extensively for that crime.   

Captain Fritz knew that Lee had left the rooming house at about 1:03 pm, and he knew that Helen Markham had sworn that she had witnessed the murder of officer Tippit at 1:06. And there's no way to deny that Fritz had this information while he was interrogating Lee Oswald.....and yet I don't recall that Fritz asked him anything about his whereabouts from 1:03 until 1:15 .    ???

JFK Assassination Forum

Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« on: September 21, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 12:12:29 AM »
It seems strange that Lee Oswald was officially arrested for the murder of DPD officer JD Tippit, But as near as I can tell he wasn't interrogated extensively for that crime.   

Captain Fritz knew that Lee had left the rooming house at about 1:03 pm, and he knew that Helen Markham had sworn that she had witnessed the murder of officer Tippit at 1:06. And there's no way to deny that Fritz had this information while he was interrogating Lee Oswald.....and yet I don't recall that Fritz asked him anything about his whereabouts from 1:03 until 1:15 .    ????

I'm sure that someone will ask the question ....  Why didn't Fritz ask Lee about his whereabouts from 1:03 until he was dragged from the theater?

I believe the very obvious answer to that question is:....Fritz knew that Lee had taken a bus to the theater and he knew that Lee was on was on the bus or in the theater during the time period from 1:03 until 1: 45........  and thus he could not have been the man who shot J.D. Tippit.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »

Captain Fritz knew that Lee had left the rooming house at about 1:03 pm, and he knew that Helen Markham had sworn that she had witnessed the murder of officer Tippit at 1:06. And there's no way to deny that Fritz had this information while he was interrogating Lee Oswald.....and yet I don't recall that Fritz asked him anything about his whereabouts from 1:03 until 1:15 .    ????

Most people even until today are unaware of Tippit's murder by Oswald.  It is overshadowed by the assassination. As terrible as that event was, solving the assassination of the President of the United States was the immediate priority.   The DPD knew that Oswald worked in the building from which the shots were fired and had fled immediately after the assassination.  They did ask him for information about why he had a pistol at the TT and so forth.  So it's not like they exactly ignored his activities after 1PM but the obvious priority was the assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 07:55:46 PM »
Most people even until today are unaware of Tippit's murder by Oswald.  It is overshadowed by the assassination. As terrible as that event was, solving the assassination of the President of the United States was the immediate priority.   The DPD knew that Oswald worked in the building from which the shots were fired and had fled immediately after the assassination.  They did ask him for information about why he had a pistol at the TT and so forth.  So it's not like they exactly ignored his activities after 1PM but the obvious priority was the assassination.

That's nothing but glib BS.....

Why didn't Fritz ask LHO for his whereabouts for the time period between 1:03 and 1:15  ??    Fritz knew that Lee's land lady, Mrs Roberts, had reported that she had last seen LHO standing at the bus stop in front of the rooming house at 1:03.

And he knew that Helen Markham had swore that she had witnessed the murder of officer JD Tippit at 1:06 .....

So why didn't Fritz ask Lee where he was between 1:05 and 1:15  ??   

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 09:27:49 PM »
Most people even until today are unaware of Tippit's murder by Oswald. 
Nonsense-- it was too well publicized.
Oswald refused to answer any more questions it was stated. He requested an attorney that he would never see. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:41:56 PM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 09:27:49 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »
Thumb1: Needs to lay off the sauce.

Needs to lay off the sauce.

I doubt that that remedy would have any effect on our Mr "Smith" .....  However, I do believe that Mr "Smith" understands that the reason that Captain Fritz didn't ask Lee any questions pertaining to the murder of JD Tippit is; Because he didn't want to hear Lee's answers. and then have Hosty and Bookhout record those answers.

Lee had already told Fritz that he went to the theater on a bus.    And He sure as hell didn't want Lee elaborating and giving details about the bus ride.   It's possible that Lee knew the driver of that Beckley Ave bus, because he said that he often used the bus to travel in and around Dallas....    It would have really made he cheese binding for Fritz if Lee had said that when he boarded the bus to the theater he recognized Mr  Williams ( for example) as the driver.

If Lee had identified "Mr Williams " as the driver of the bus that he rode in to the theater..... Mr Williams obit would probably have appeared in the paper as the victim of a hit and run driver, or some other accident.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:22:13 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 11:48:43 PM »
Needs to lay off the sauce.

I doubt that that remedy would have any effect on our Mr "Smith" .....  However, I do believe that Mr "Smith" understands that the reason that Captain Fritz didn't ask Lee any questions pertaining to the murder of JD Tippit is; Because he didn't want to hear Lee's answers. and then have Hosty and Bookhout record those answers.

Lee had already told Fritz that he went to the theater on a bus.    And He sure as hell didn't want Lee elaborating and giving details about the bus ride.   It's possible that Lee knew the driver of that Beckley Ave bus, because he said that he often used the bus to travel in and around Dallas....    It would have really made he cheese binding for Fritz if Lee had said that when he boarded the bus to the theater he recognized Mr  Williams ( for example) as the driver.

If Lee had identified "Mr Williams " as the driver of the bus that he rode in to the theater..... Mr Williams obit would probably have appeared in the paper as the victim of a hit and run driver, or some other accident.

I'm confused about the CTer narrative on the interrogation.  They often suggest it can't be relied upon because there was no tape etc.  If the DPD were just making all the interrogation evidence up to suit their purpose of framing Oswald, why does it matter what they asked or didn't ask him?  It's bizarre to suggest they didn't ask him something in the interrogation because of a fear of his response while suggesting the DPD just made up whatever suited their purposes. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 11:48:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:07:43 AM »
I'm confused about the CTer narrative on the interrogation.  They often suggest it can't be relied upon because there was no tape etc.  If the DPD were just making all the interrogation evidence up to suit their purpose of framing Oswald, why does it matter what they asked or didn't ask him?  It's bizarre to suggest they didn't ask him something in the interrogation because of a fear of his response while suggesting the DPD just made up whatever suited their purposes.

Psssst..... Mr "Smith" there were other men in the interrogation room, (Men who Fritz could not control) Fritz wasn't so crazy as to ask a question that might draw an answer that he didn't want recorded....  A question like:...Tell me about the bus ride to the theater Lee....    Was there anybody on that bus that you knew, a former neighbor perhaps?

What if Lee had answered;     Well yes as a matter of fact Mrs Jones was on the bus, I know her because she was a neighbor  who used to talk to Marina and Junie.....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:18:50 AM by Walt Cakebread »