Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22431 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2021, 05:52:26 PM »
Advertisement
Tell me Walt --- Why have you decided (on your own) to just invent a bus trip to the Texas Theater for Lee Oswald on 11/22?

No such bus trip occurred and you know it. And there's not a speck of evidence to support such a bus trip "to the theater" either.

So why do you now want to pretend such a bus trip occurred on Nov. 22nd?

I sincerely wish that some LNer like yourself would engage in a serious discussion on this topic......

The discovery that the early news reports reported that Tippit had been shot while attempting to apprehend Lee Harvey Oswald at the theater has been a golden nugget of information.

There is no doubt in my mind that Captain Fritz assumed that Tippit had been shot by Lee Oswald at the Texas Theater.  The reporters were receiving their information at police headquarters and Fritz or one of his associates) had probably told the reporters that Oswald had shot Tippit at the theater.

If Fritz believed that Oswald had shot Tippit at the theater, as I believe, then many of the questions like the title of this thread are answered.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2021, 05:52:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »
The WC fanboys are routinely destroyed on this forum.

It appears that your view of the discussions on this forum is quite different from mine. I would say the opposite is true. Apparently, confirmation bias is rampant here.

I was simply pointing out how you cleverly implied the ill-informed should be found among those holding the majority opinion.

I never said or implied that. Ignorance isn’t confined to only the people on one side of the argument. However, if the majority believes in a conspiracy, then the chances are good that a majority of the ignorant folks believe in a conspiracy. My point is better spelled out in the following passage written by someone else (unknown) that caught my attention recently:

One of the most dangerous ideas that has come about in the last 3 years is that all points of view are equally valid, and that Average Citizen (YOU) are just as equipped to judge which have merit as anyone else.
“Hear all sides, and judge for yourself!” No, I do not condone the death of Expertise, and neither should you.
I am an expert in very, very few things. But in those areas, my expertise is hard earned through study, work, experience, and aptitude. None of it comes from attending Google University. But unless you are an expert in exactly the same areas, your opinion is not just as valid as mine. It’s not.
And my opinion is not as valid as experts in other fields. That is why THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. So if our leading epidemiologists largely agree that “A” is correct, our response should not be “I’ll listen to both and decide which makes sense to me.” Confirmation bias exists, and only fools think they are free of it. To paraphrase Asimov, your ignorance is not the same as their experience. Genuinely smart people look for answers from people who are smarter than themselves. Only ignorant people believe their guess is as good as anyone else’s

To put this in context with what we have been discussing, it means what I originally said: that statistics can be misleading. Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct. In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities.

statistics can be misleading. Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct. In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities.

Very interesting..... " Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct."

Of course this statement correct .   Example;... Just as once upon a time  the vast majority of the citizens believed the authorities declaration that the earth was flat..  They were wrong....  Both the authorities who spewed he garbage and the citizens who believed them.

In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities

The authorities have repeatedly shown themselves to be unworthy of the citizens trust ...... The authorities have arrogantly placed themselves above the ignorant citizens and actually believe they are intellectually superior to the common "pissants".

I'm sure that in the days of the flat earth those who believed that the earth was flat sneered at those who questioned that belief.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »

statistics can be misleading. Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct. In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities.

Very interesting..... " Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct."

Of course this statement correct .   Example;... Just as once upon a time  the vast majority of the citizens believed the authorities declaration that the earth was flat..  They were wrong....  Both the authorities who spewed he garbage and the citizens who believed them.

In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities

The authorities have repeatedly shown themselves to be unworthy of the citizens trust ...... The authorities have arrogantly placed themselves above the ignorant citizens and actually believe they are intellectually superior to the common "pissants".

I'm sure that in the days of the flat earth those who believed that the earth was flat sneered at those who questioned that belief.

Thanks, that’s precisely the attitude that helps to reinforce my point!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2021, 08:23:46 PM »

Thanks, that’s precisely the attitude that helps to reinforce my point!

The point is:....That "attitude" was EARNED.....   And you Mr Collins are one of those who considers himself to be intellectually superior.   

Some sage  once observed that those who believe  themselves to be intellectually superior may actually be a bit inferior, but their egos won't allow them to admit it.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 10:22:25 PM »
The point is:....That "attitude" was EARNED.....   And you Mr Collins are one of those who considers himself to be intellectually superior.   

Some sage  once observed that those who believe  themselves to be intellectually superior may actually be a bit inferior, but their egos won't allow them to admit it.

If you want to discuss the JFK assassination case, please do. If you just want to try to attack the messenger because you don’t like the message, I am done with this conversation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 10:22:25 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2021, 10:31:33 PM »
If you want to discuss the JFK assassination case, please do. If you just want to try to attack the messenger because you don’t like the message, I am done with this conversation.

Mr Collins I've had some experience in discussing the evidence in murder of President Kennedy with you.....

You are intellectually dishonest.....  and you will deny mathematically proven information.....when the math proves that you are wrong.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »
Shows very well why these expert arguments go nowhere.

Let's assume 5 of your ignorant friends nominate you as expert.

Where does that leave us?

Okay both you and Walt apparently just want to attack the messenger. Enough of that. Bye

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2021, 12:26:34 AM »
Okay both you and Walt apparently just want to attack the messenger. Enough of that. Bye

I'm not attacking the messenger...  How would that be possible?.... The "messenger" has not delivered a message.