Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22454 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2021, 01:49:07 AM »
Advertisement
Right, so there's no reason to assume the "One man" believers have any grasp of the details either just because they are a minority, as in this quote:

The difference is that after almost 58-years of trying to shed doubt on and poke holes in the evidence, I believe that the doubters have accomplished nothing.

just because they are a minority

You need to put your thinking cap on. No one has cited being in a minority as a reason for anything. And what makes you say that the lack of accomplishments by the naysayers means anything of the sorts?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2021, 01:49:07 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2021, 02:05:24 AM »
Tell me Walt --- Why have you decided (on your own) to just invent a bus trip to the Texas Theater for Lee Oswald on 11/22?

No such bus trip occurred and you know it. And there's not a speck of evidence to support such a bus trip "to the theater" either.

So why do you now want to pretend such a bus trip occurred on Nov. 22nd?

Pretend??...Have someone who can understand the written word read Thomas Kelley's report to you...On Page 626 Secret Service inspector Wrote:...In response to questions put to him by Captain Fritz, Oswald said that immediately after having left the building where he worked he WENT BY BUS to the theater where he was arrested.

And yes, I'm aware that Lee a few minutes later corrected that statement by saying that the portion of the trip from downtown Dallas to the rooming house was by taxi......But he did NOT change the portion of the trip from the rooming house to the theater....He rode the bus to the theater where he was arrested.....  That's what Lee Oswald told Captain Fritz....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 02:08:07 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2021, 03:26:23 AM »
Pretend??...Have someone who can understand the written word read Thomas Kelley's report to you...On Page 626 Secret Service inspector Wrote:...In response to questions put to him by Captain Fritz, Oswald said that immediately after having left the building where he worked he WENT BY BUS to the theater where he was arrested.

And yes, I'm aware that Lee a few minutes later corrected that statement by saying that the portion of the trip from downtown Dallas to the rooming house was by taxi......But he did NOT change the portion of the trip from the rooming house to the theater....He rode the bus to the theater where he was arrested.....  That's what Lee Oswald told Captain Fritz....

Witnesses speak louder than you

billchapman

1) Markham's view to a kill
2) Scoggins (hears Oswald say 'poor dumb cop')
3) Callaway 'hey, man what the hell is going on?'

Three witnesses right-off-the bat who can swear Oswald wasn't on a bus at the time

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:44:55 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2021, 03:26:23 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2021, 03:43:18 AM »
No such bus trip occurred and you know it. And there's not a speck of evidence to support such a bus trip "to the theater" either.
The housekeeper's affidavit---
I saw Lee Oswald standing on the curb at the
bus stop just to the right and on the same side of the street as our
house.
I just glanced out the window that once. I don't know how long
Lee Oswald stood at the curb, nor did l see the direction he went when
he left there. About thirty minutes later...three Dallas policemen came to
the house looking for him.
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf
Her complete typed deposition---Apr '64
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Tippit%20J%20D%20Murder/Item%2012.pdf
I am pretty sure these links are contained in the DVP site but I don't have anything bookmarked.

A couple of things become apparent. It can be either assumed that Mrs Roberts was totally senile and Oswald actually-- immediately turned left out the door and headed south for some rendezvous with destiny-- or Oswald waited at this bus stop and then changed his mind [which further complicates the time frame] The only other alternative would be that Oswald had strolled across Beckley to Zang and proceeded southerly until he got to Jefferson and to the TT.
The bus transfer pass is bothersome. It is marked 'good for 15 minutes within time indicated'. I am not sure what that means because I see AM PM. If Oswald was walking down Zang and he senses a bus coming ..he could have hurried to the nearest bus stop and used that pass IF he indeed had it and shortened his hike. If he did have that pass then that strongly indicates that he was on the McWatters bus and did not use the transfer.

Didn't Oswald take the bus to work and back when he lived at that rooming house? It would have been routine to catch the same bus.. driven [perhaps] by the same driver at the same time. Why didn't anyone investigate this? Why didn't some driver step up and mention that 'Hey- that guy rode on my bus'. They might have noticed him associating with someone perhaps.
Was Mrs Roberts correct in saying that three cops came looking for Lee about a 1/2 hour after he left?
Why? He wasn't a known suspect in anything for another hour and a half or so. Even at that...his work told police he lived in Irving.
In the affidavit prepared by the secret Service, she says that approximately 1 p.m- Oswald, then known to her
 as 0. H. Lee, came in and went to his room.
He was not wearing a jacket when he came in but was when he left a few minutes after his arrival
Of the jacket he said, "I recall the jacket was a dark color and it was the type that zips up the front.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:51:00 AM by Jerry Freeman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2021, 03:44:55 AM »
Witnesses speak louder than you
No they don't...they're dead.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2021, 03:44:55 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2021, 12:00:39 PM »
"lack of accomplishments" -- LOL

The WC fanboys are routinely destroyed on this forum.

I was simply pointing out how you cleverly implied the ill-informed should be found among those holding the majority opinion.

The WC fanboys are routinely destroyed on this forum.

It appears that your view of the discussions on this forum is quite different from mine. I would say the opposite is true. Apparently, confirmation bias is rampant here.

I was simply pointing out how you cleverly implied the ill-informed should be found among those holding the majority opinion.

I never said or implied that. Ignorance isn’t confined to only the people on one side of the argument. However, if the majority believes in a conspiracy, then the chances are good that a majority of the ignorant folks believe in a conspiracy. My point is better spelled out in the following passage written by someone else (unknown) that caught my attention recently:

One of the most dangerous ideas that has come about in the last 3 years is that all points of view are equally valid, and that Average Citizen (YOU) are just as equipped to judge which have merit as anyone else.
“Hear all sides, and judge for yourself!” No, I do not condone the death of Expertise, and neither should you.
I am an expert in very, very few things. But in those areas, my expertise is hard earned through study, work, experience, and aptitude. None of it comes from attending Google University. But unless you are an expert in exactly the same areas, your opinion is not just as valid as mine. It’s not.
And my opinion is not as valid as experts in other fields. That is why THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. So if our leading epidemiologists largely agree that “A” is correct, our response should not be “I’ll listen to both and decide which makes sense to me.” Confirmation bias exists, and only fools think they are free of it. To paraphrase Asimov, your ignorance is not the same as their experience. Genuinely smart people look for answers from people who are smarter than themselves. Only ignorant people believe their guess is as good as anyone else’s

To put this in context with what we have been discussing, it means what I originally said: that statistics can be misleading. Just because a majority believes in conspiracy, doesn’t mean that the existence of a conspiracy is correct. In my opinion, it simply means that a majority doesn’t generally trust the authorities.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »
Hooorah!.....I believe that I've stumbled upon the reason that Captain Fritz never asked  Lee about his whereabouts for the time period between 1:03 and 1:30.......  ( The period in which JD Tippit was shot) 

In Sylvia Meagher's book Accessories After The Fact ( page 260) Meagher wrote:...."The first news flashes out of Dallas on the Tippit shooting said that he had been shot to death when he and another policeman pursued a suspect in the assassination into the Texas Theater following a tip.  The suspect -Lee Harvey Oswald- had shot Tippit.   He was subdued and arrested by other policemen.
By the next day , newspapers reported that Tippit had actually been shot and killed some blocks away from the theater and  that Oswald had been arrested for Tippitt's murder,  not for the assassination of the President." 

So at the time Lee was brought into the Dallas police headquarters Fritz believed that Tippit had been shot at the Theater....

This would provide an answer to the question...WHY DIDN'T FRITZ ASK LEE OSWALD ANYTHING ABOUT TIPPIT"S MURDER ?

Fritz thought that Lee Oswald had shot Tippit at the theater.....

Lee told Fritz that he had traveled to the theater BY BUS.     Fritz saw no need to challenge that statement because he was unaware that Tippit had NOT been shot at the theater....   Fritz didn't care HOW Lee had traveled to the theater, he was only interested in establishing that Lee was at the theater.    Of course he knew that the DPD police had dragged Lee from the theater so there was no real need to belabor that point.....He simply wanted the suspect to admit that he was at the theater.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »
So, did this statement come from the minority of ignorants or from an expert?

I don’t claim to be an expert as related to the JFK assassination case. But, I have studied it for many years and have learned a great deal about the details. Everything is relative however, and compared to the vast majority of the population I might be considered somewhat of an expert by some of them. You would have to ask them. Most of the real experts, who have lived and breathed the JFK assassination for most of their adult lives would not consider me to be an expert. They would acknowledge that I know more than most folks though.