Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86887 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:38 PM »
Advertisement

You are obviously confusing CE 150 with CE 151. LHO was not arrested wearing CE 151. And it is easy to believe that Frazier could mistake it for the light colored jacket. Those jackets are short and shirt-like, save for the zippers.

You are obviously confusing CE 150 with CE 151. LHO was not arrested wearing CE 151.

You are correct. My bad

I should have said Oswald was arrested wearing CE 150 and fibers from CE 150 (not CE 151) were found on the rifle.

And it is easy to believe that Frazier could mistake it for the light colored jacket.

But not so easy to believe that Roberts, who only saw him a couple of seconds, could mistake a shirt for a jacket, right?

Something else about the CE 151 shirt is what appears to be a large tear in the left sleeve in the upper arm area. This would agree with what I remember the former landlady saying about a tear in the sleeve (she saw LHO on the bus on Elm Street immediately after the assassination). So here we have another witness account that tends to agree with this being the shirt worn by LHO to the TSBD on Friday 11/22/63.

Bledsoe did indeed say that she saw a hole in one of the sleeves of Oswald's shirt, but the shirt she identified was the one he was wearing when he was arrested. They took the original shirt to her house and showed it to her prior to her testimony.

Mr. BALL - Now, I have got a piece of clothing here, which is marked---
Mrs. BLEDSOE - That is it.
Mr. BALL - Commission Exhibit 150.
Mr. BALL - This is a shirt.
Mr. BALL - What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Because they brought it out to the house and showed it.
Mr. BALL - I know. What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I can recognize it.
Mr. BALL - Recognize it as what?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, sir; see there?
Mr. BALL - Yes. You tell me what do you see here? What permits you to recognize it?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I recognize---first thing I notice the elbow is out and then I saw---when the man brought it out and let me see it?
Mr. BALL - No, I am talking about---I am showing you this shirt now, and you said, "That is it." You mean---What do you mean by "that is it"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:38 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2020, 09:24:34 PM »
You are obviously confusing CE 150 with CE 151. LHO was not arrested wearing CE 151.

You are correct. My bad

I should have said Oswald was arrested wearing CE 150 and fibers from CE 150 (not CE 151) were found on the rifle.

And it is easy to believe that Frazier could mistake it for the light colored jacket.

But not so easy to believe that Roberts, who only saw him a couple of seconds, could mistake a shirt for a jacket, right?

Bledsoe did indeed say that she saw a hole in one of the sleeves of Oswald's shirt, but the shirt she identified was the one he was wearing when he was arrested. They took the original shirt to her house and showed it to her prior to her testimony.

Mr. BALL - Now, I have got a piece of clothing here, which is marked---
Mr. BALL - Commission Exhibit 150.
Mr. BALL - This is a shirt.
Mr. BALL - What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Because they brought it out to the house and showed it.
Mr. BALL - I know. What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I can recognize it.
Mr. BALL - Recognize it as what?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, sir; see there?
Mr. BALL - Yes. You tell me what do you see here? What permits you to recognize it?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I recognize---first thing I notice the elbow is out and then I saw---when the man brought it out and let me see it?
Mr. BALL - No, I am talking about---I am showing you this shirt now, and you said, "That is it." You mean---What do you mean by "that is it"?

Fibers from both shirts were found on the rifle. See the link I provided.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2020, 09:26:50 PM »

Fibers from both shirts were found on the rifle. See the link I provided.

I saw the page(s). Where did it say fibers from both shirts were found on the rifle? I must have missed that.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2020, 09:26:50 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »
Let's get back for a second to your suggestion that Oswald might not have been wearing a jacket at all on Friday morning;

You said;

Two persons (Frazier and his sister) who saw what LHO was wearing to work that morning. Neither one of them say anything that would indicate that LHO was wearing CE 163. In fact Frazier says he has never seen it before when it is shown to him.

Yet you insist that is is a safe assumption that LHO was wearing CE 163 to work on Friday 11/22/63. I believe that you are the one not making any sense.

I have already quoted from Frazier's testimony that he did say Oswald was wearing a jacket.

And now Bill Chapman has added to his most recent post a part of Linnie Mae Randle's testimony, which I had forgotten about.

Mr. BALL. Here is another jacket which is a gray jacket, does this look anything like the jacket he had on?
Mrs. RANDLE. No, sir; I remember its being gray.
Mr. BALL. Well, this one is gray but of these two the jacket I last showed you is Commission Exhibit No. 162, and this blue gray is 163, now if you had to choose between these two?
Mrs. RANDLE. I would choose the dark one.
Mr. BALL. You would choose the dark one?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Which is 163, as being more similar to the jacket he had?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; that I remember. But I, you know, didn't pay an awful lot of attention to his jacket. I remember his T-shirt and the shirt more so than I do the jacket.
Mr. BALL. The witness just stated that 163 which is the gray-blue is similar to the jacket he had on. 162, the light gray jacket was not.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes.

Kinda destroys your entire argument, yet I am sure you will not see it that way and still soldier on with more speculation.

Perhaps you could try and find an explanation for how the grey jacket (CE 162) got to the rooming house on Friday morning, when Frazier said he saw Oswald wear his grey jacket to Irving on Thursday?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:56:09 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »
I saw the page(s). Where did it say fibers from both shirts were found on the rifle? I must have missed that.....

Try this link and scroll down to 674 and read the description (that is where it says it). Then you can view 674 on the link I provided. I should have done this to begin with, my mistake.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-WARRENCOMMISSIONHEARINGS-17/pdf/GPO-WARRENCOMMISSIONHEARINGS-17.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2020, 10:47:31 PM »
Let's get back for a second to your suggestion that Oswald might not have been wearing a jacket at all on Friday morning;

You said;

I have already quoted from Frazier's testimony that he did say Oswald was wearing a jacket.

And now Bill Chapman has added to his most recent post a part of Linnie Mae Randle's testimony, which I had forgotten about.

Mr. BALL. Here is another jacket which is a gray jacket, does this look anything like the jacket he had on?
Mrs. RANDLE. No, sir; I remember its being gray.
Mr. BALL. Well, this one is gray but of these two the jacket I last showed you is Commission Exhibit No. 162, and this blue gray is 163, now if you had to choose between these two?
Mrs. RANDLE. I would choose the dark one.
Mr. BALL. You would choose the dark one?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Which is 163, as being more similar to the jacket he had?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; that I remember. But I, you know, didn't pay an awful lot of attention to his jacket. I remember his T-shirt and the shirt more so than I do the jacket.
Mr. BALL. The witness just stated that 163 which is the gray-blue is similar to the jacket he had on. 162, the light gray jacket was not.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes.

Kinda destroys your entire argument, yet I am sure you will not see it that way and still soldier on with more speculation.

Perhaps you could try and find an explanation for how the grey jacket (CE 162) got to the rooming house on Friday morning, when Frazier said he saw Oswald wear his grey jacket to Irving on Thursday?

That explains how CE 163 could have gotten to the TSBD. It doesn’t destroy the idea that Wesley Frazier could have been mistaken about the jacket on Thursday evening. Your idea hinges on that one item though.

By the way, when shown CE 150 Linnie Mae Randle said:

Well now, I don’t remember it being that shade of brown. It could have been but I was looking through the screen and out the window but I don’t remember it being exactly that. I thought it was a solid color.

And FWIW, CE 151 is a solid color.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »

Try this link and scroll down to 674 and read the description (that is where it says it). Then you can view 674 on the link I provided. I should have done this to begin with, my mistake.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-WARRENCOMMISSIONHEARINGS-17/pdf/GPO-WARRENCOMMISSIONHEARINGS-17.pdf

All it says there is that fibers from a shirt, item C11, matched fibers on the rifle. There is no mention of two shirts, just one...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #391 on: December 07, 2020, 11:29:20 PM »
All it says there is that fibers from a shirt, item C11, matched fibers on the rifle. There is no mention of two shirts, just one...

You didn’t follow my instructions. Here is a cut and paste from the link:

“Comparison photographs of orange-yellow cotton fibers found on the C2766 rifle and orange-yellow cotton fibers from Commission Exhibit No. 151.”

The next item (675) is for CE 150.