Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 93518 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #784 on: December 24, 2020, 04:14:22 AM »
Advertisement
I’ve engaged with Myers on Facebook. It’s a waste of time. He doesn’t ever admit to being wrong, even when he clearly is, and insults people who dare to disagree with him. Much like most of the LNers here.

Of course he will never admit he is wrong, because he has a book to sell and a reputation to protect.

Except, Myers wasn't wrong.  Iacoletti just didn't understand what was being clearly explained to him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #784 on: December 24, 2020, 04:14:22 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #785 on: December 24, 2020, 04:15:37 AM »
Here is an example of using a zero reference point that will hopefully help clear up any confusion:

An architect is drawing up a set of plans for a multistory building with an underground parking deck below the building. He needs to draw some elevation views to show the distances between floors, ceiling heights, window sill heights, etc. And he needs a reference point (zero point) that he can calculate the various elevation distances from. Lets say he selects the main (ground) floor as his reference point. He can designate the finished ground floor as zero and show the elevations of the other items as a distance from his zero reference point. In this case the underground items would have a negative number for their elevations.

However, he could have selected, for example, the floor of the lowest level of the underground parking deck to be his zero reference point, designated the distances to the other items accordingly, and still ended up with, for practical purposes, the same resulting building. Provided of course that the builder followed the plans properly.

So, in a sense, the selection of what to use for the zero reference point is arbitrary. And I believe that that is what Dale Meyers is trying to say in that sentence.

But you were using this arbitrary reference point to make claims about the time at which the shots occurred.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #786 on: December 24, 2020, 04:16:22 AM »
There is no “1:17” dispatcher time check on the extant tapes.

There's a 1:19 time stamp by the dispatcher.  Allow up to a minute for error and work your way back from that time stamp and you have the Bowley report on the police radio taking place at 1:17.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #786 on: December 24, 2020, 04:16:22 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #787 on: December 24, 2020, 04:19:34 AM »
There is no argument here. I am just explaining why you are wrong.

:D

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #788 on: December 24, 2020, 04:22:11 AM »
Except, Myers wasn't wrong.  Iacoletti just didn't understand what was being clearly explained to him.

I don’t base anything I say on what Dale Myers claims.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #788 on: December 24, 2020, 04:22:11 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #789 on: December 24, 2020, 04:24:10 AM »
There's a 1:19 time stamp by the dispatcher.  Allow up to a minute for error and work your way back from that time stamp and you have the Bowley report on the police radio taking place at 1:17.

a) “up to a minute” is arbitrary (there’s that word again)

b) you don’t just get to assume that the recording is continuous.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #790 on: December 24, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »

Actually, there is a 1:18 time stamp as well.

a) “up to a minute” is arbitrary (there’s that word again)

b) you don’t just get to assume that the recording is continuous.

The recording isn't continuous.

Bowley made his call about a minute after the shooting and that wasn't at 1.17 (see my post # 682 on page 69)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:58:41 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #790 on: December 24, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #791 on: December 24, 2020, 01:58:55 PM »
FACEPALM

That’s exactly what I said was arbitrary and you argued with me!

You said:

Where did you get that idea? Bowles clearly states that his zero-base time was arbitrary. He says nothing about when the shots occurred with regard to the accuracy of the clocks, and the shots (at least in his opinion) are not audible on the recording.

There are a lot of things that LN-ers claim “general consensus” on that are not demonstrable.

Bowles clearly states that his zero-base time was arbitrary.

Dale Myers is the one who used the word arbitrary, not Bowles. Bowles didn’t state any such thing.