Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 14714 times)

Offline Chris Bristow

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2020, 03:18:05 AM »
Advertisement
The vertical line through JFK's head that extends down to his arm is something I have seen many times. I always assumed it is due to the processing of the film. It is also on the other more common Z film copy that you can download from the National Archives so it is not a computer artifact introduced in the computer age. It becomes more obvious in that copy if you fiddle with the contrast, saturation, sharpness. Because I have seen it so many times it never aroused suspicion for me.
       It does not cut off his ear, the wedge shaped bone flap is casting a shadow on the lower part of the ear. It also makes his head/hair very light and less defined. It lightens everything in it.   
 The zoom never changes as far as I can see. Fr350 is blacked out in that area but it resumes in 351. Half the sprocket image is removed too so it is not just a matter of the original neg not having emulsion there or  being zoom related. It must have happened in the printing.
 I would need a specific example of a blurred face with a detailed body to comment other than the face details are tiny and motion blur can cause darker objects to literally disappear. A larger dark object like a person wearing a dark suit can remain  while those small dark objects  like eyebrow lips and any small shadow on the face will vanish. This is because dark objects are not actual images that get burned into the negative. They are the result of a lack of light hitting the negative. The non image shape is defined by the real images surrounding it that are actual images burned into the negative. So motion blur will place an actual image over the spot where the non image(Shadow or dark object) is. Then the unexposed part of the negative that would represent the dark image is exposed to the actual image and the dark area disappears. Check out Altgens shadow across the curb around frame 350. The frames alternate between motion blur and a stable shot. Notice how the shadow across the curb changes shape from the motion blurred frames to the frame with the background in focus.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2020, 03:18:05 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2020, 03:51:56 AM »
Mr Fritzke: interesting posts.

If one's purpose is to make the limo seem to go faster, excision of a few frames here and there would certainly, uh, help, yes?
Not much else needed.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 05:30:34 AM »

Mr Fritzke: interesting posts.

If one's purpose is to make the limo seem to go faster, excision of a few frames here and there would certainly, uh, help, yes?
Not much else needed.

True, but there would be an obvious problem. So, removing frames would not work.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 05:30:34 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 03:57:57 PM »
True, but there would be an obvious problem. So, removing frames would not work.
I see an " obvious problem" when looking at z381 to z382, at least in Costella version.

Offline Allan Fritzke

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 07:23:16 PM »
Download and zoom in on Z337 lightbox frame. You can't see the horizontal line in the grass?  As I said, download that frame and zoom in.  Something wrong there if you can't see the color change (hue)in the grass!
https://sites.google.com/site/lightboxzframes/lightbox/z300-z349/   <find image Z337 so you can download and zoom in>

You can't see Jacqueline's shoulder where JFK's head should be either?  IT is pretty coincidental that you have an ear that looks like a bone showing up where the ear should be and compares nicely to Z312.  Then, compare the only picture of JFK laying on a morgue slab with eyes wide open as if you can try to justify "putting" the face back together.  Obviously amazing "recreation" to say the least.   Someone is lying!  You can't sustain the missing head damage and sew it all back together.  Obvious need as well to use sketches by Ida Fox to prove your point rather than base anything on xray or actual photos. 

Again, one sloppy cut and paste means there is more and better editing done elsewhere.  All to point out that the LNer fired the only shots into the vehicle and people were fleeing up the grassy knoll to get away from the shooter!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_autopsy

Download Z369 from the website and examine "black" sunglasses they are wearing by zooming in.  It appears there is an extra little 'black"drop below the man's right hand eye.  That is just shadow?  Again, we may know who these people where but at the time of editing (within 2 days of filming), they would have been unsure who they would use to make their presentation to the WC and guide the findings.

It is also difficult due to digitization but it certainly looks like the front of little boy could also be cut and past along red shirt line vertically.  Zooming in you can see red blurring well above the shirt line and extends up to his nose.  Look for yourself on a zoom and ask why you see red up that high when shirt is below?    Again, I won't speculate on that - just on error in minor "black" drop on the man's eye that is out of place on his cheek bone.  Looks like a drop of paint to me that drooped.  Modification of any kind means not originals but re-imaged.  Everytime you "recreate" you lose resolution as well which I would say is evident as well. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 07:23:16 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »
At Z380 - your choice - Jackie's hand is about 18" to 2' away from the continental kit on the rear bumper, sprawled in the middle of the trunk. Clint, obviously, is at the left rear bumper, behind and to his left of her. Her head, and Clint Hill's head are about 2' to 3' apart. Now Zapruder is also not, at this point, perpendicular to the limo. Your alleged optical illusion in Nix should then work, in reverse, with Jackie, in the foreground, overlapping Clint Hill, in the background. This effect is not visible in Z380, or any other frames.

John, the illusion is clearly demonstrated in the opening post. I didn't expect you to accept it. The mistake that you, and anyone else who fell for it, has made is that you didn't realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk.
It's that simple.
Look again with open eyes and an open heart and I'm sure you'll see it.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2020, 12:21:49 AM »
John, the illusion is clearly demonstrated in the opening post. I didn't expect you to accept it. The mistake that you, and anyone else who fell for it, has made is that you didn't realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk.
It's that simple.
Look again with open eyes and an open heart and I'm sure you'll see it.

Jackie's hands are on the spare tire/ continental kit, or right above it.

Once you understand why the limo must appear faster..but you haven't yet.
Z381 to Z382. Costella version.  In 1/18th of a second, no less.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2020, 12:21:49 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 01:27:24 AM »
You can't see Jacqueline's shoulder where JFK's head should be either?  IT is pretty coincidental that you have an ear that looks like a bone showing up where the ear should be and compares nicely to Z312.  Then, compare the only picture of JFK laying on a morgue slab with eyes wide open as if you can try to justify "putting" the face back together.  Obviously amazing "recreation" to say the least.   Someone is lying!  You can't sustain the missing head damage and sew it all back together.  Obvious need as well to use sketches by Ida Fox to prove your point rather than base anything on xray or actual photos.

The shadow on Jackie's left shoulder is a bright pink gradient (Z328). In Z337, the rounded upper front part of Kennedy's head blocks the view to the shadow on Jackie's left shoulder. So no head missing such that you can see through it to Jackie's shoulder shade. Kennedy's head is increasing oblique as he collapses away from the camera.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:22:28 PM by Jerry Organ »