Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 82016 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Advertisement
Brennan was focused on answering questions during his testimony. He wasn't asked about whether or not he looked at his watch. In his book he included more detail. It is that simple. Here is his relevant testimony:

Mr. BELIN. I ask you to state, if you know, what this is.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. That is the retaining wall
Representative Ford. Are those the positions where you were sitting on November 22?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.
Representative FORD. At about 12
Mr. BRENNAN. From about 12:22 or 12:24 until the time of the assassination.

He has described a window of time. The details he includes in his book says he looked at his watch and it was about 12:22. The time of 12:22 is within the time frame he testified to. That is corroboration. Where else is corroboration supposed to come from in your mind for this detail? Was someone supposed to be watching Brennan closely enough to know when he looked at his watch, then make a note of it and later testify that he saw Brennan look at his watch at the correct time? You are so full of it that it is sad....

A statement by Brennan can never be corroboration for a statement by Brennan! It's just the same guy saying the same thing (or nearly the same thing) twice.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Brennan was focused on answering questions during his testimony. He wasn't asked about whether or not he looked at his watch. In his book he included more detail. It is that simple. Here is his relevant testimony:

Representative Ford. Are those the positions where you were sitting on November 22?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.

He has described a window of time. The details he includes in his book says he looked at his watch and it was about 12:22. The time of 12:22 is within the time frame he testified to. That is corroboration. Where else is corroboration supposed to come from in your mind for this detail? Was someone supposed to be watching Brennan closely enough to know when he looked at his watch, then make a note of it and later testify that he saw Brennan look at his watch at the correct time? You are so full of it that it is sad....

You might recall I mentioned the guy having the epileptic fit and the ambulance attending. I went to the trouble to find the calls to them in the police transcripts. The ambulance received the call just before 12.19 and departed about 12.25. That’s the sort of thing that can be used for corroboration. Your comments about me simply reflect on yourself. Your choice to look like a fool. I don’t believe you even know what corroboration is.

Online Charles Collins

You might recall I mentioned the guy having the epileptic fit and the ambulance attending. I went to the trouble to find the calls to them in the police transcripts. The ambulance received the call just before 12.19 and departed about 12.25. That’s the sort of thing that can be used for corroboration. Your comments about me simply reflect on yourself. Your choice to look like a fool. I don’t believe you even know what corroboration is.

You are the one that posted Brennan’s testimony and appeared to be trying to make out like the only way that you would would accept anything from him is if it was sworn testimony. I suppose I assumed that to be the case. The problem with using the time of the ambulance for the purpose of corroboration of when Brennan got there is your apparent assumptions that the ambulance was gone before Brennan got to his spot at the intersection.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

You are the one that posted Brennan’s testimony and appeared to be trying to make out like the only way that you would would accept anything from him is if it was sworn testimony. I suppose I assumed that to be the case. The problem with using the time of the ambulance for the purpose of corroboration of when Brennan got there is your apparent assumptions that the ambulance was gone before Brennan got to his spot at the intersection.

If there is an ambulance picking up somebody right in front of your eyes, what do you do? Do you look at it or not?

Brennan could not have missed the ambulance, yet you would have us believe he disregarded it completely and looked at some windows of a building instead.

And that makes sense to you? How?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:57:19 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Colin Crow

Brennan take up position on the wall about 12.24pm

Mr. BELIN. Mr. Brennan, where were you on the early part of the afternoon of November 22, 1963, say around noon or so?
Mr. BRENNAN. I left a position behind the Book Store, which is a leased part of Katy Yards, which we have fabrication for pipe for the Republic Bank Building. At 12 o'clock I went to the cafeteria on the corner of Main and Record. I believe that is it.
Mr. BELIN. That would be at Main and Record Streets in Dallas?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And did you have your lunch there?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And then after lunch, where did you go?
Mr. BRENNAN. I finished lunch and I glanced at a clock--I don't know exactly where the clock is located--and noticed it was 12:18. So I thought I still had a few minutes, that I might see the parade and the President. I walked to the corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. What route did you take to get to Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I went west on Main.
Mr. BELIN. You went west on Main from Record Street to--
Mr. BRENNAN. Houston.
Mr. BELIN. Houston
Mr. BRENNAN. And on the east side of Houston, I walked to Elm.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. BRENNAN. Crossed the street to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any estimate about how long it took you to get there?
Mr. BRENNAN. A possibility I would say more or less 4 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. And then what did you do when you got to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I stayed around a couple of minutes. There was a man having an epileptic fit, a possibility of 20 yards east--south of this corner. And they were being attended by some civilians and officers, and I believe an ambulance picked him up.

Mr. BELIN. All right.
Now, perhaps on Exhibit No. 478 you can trace your route at least along Houston Street to the time to the place where you were sitting. You recognize the intersection of Main and Houston there?

Brennan testified that he left the cafeteria about 12.18. Walked for 4 minutes to the corner of Houston And Elm (12.22). He walked north on Houston and watched them pick up the man and then took up position after a couple of minutes (12.24). The ambulance called they were em route to Parkland just after 12.25, 5 minutes before the shots.

Now for the clincher......note no mention of a watch showing 12.22 when testifying under oath.

Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.

My original post (note I corrected Main to Elm, that was error).

Brennan claimed to start ar 12.18 and took about 4 minutes to get to the southwest corner of Elm and Houston. (12.22).

Then....

Mr. BELIN. And then what did you do when you got to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I stayed around a couple of minutes. There was a man having an epileptic fit, a possibility of 20 yards east--south of this corner. And they were being attended by some civilians and officers, and I believe an ambulance picked him up.

Some more about the "couple of minutes" watching them picking up the man. this would take the time to 12.24.

BRENNAN. I believe I walked a little south there, just observing them picking the man up.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
You have marked a line on Exhibit No. 478 heading a little bit south on the west side of Houston street, commencing at the southwest corner of the intersection, which is where you say you walked to watch the man with the epileptic fit, is that it?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I didn't go up--he was almost center way of the block here. I didn't go up that far.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
And will you put the letter "H" there, if you would?
Mr. BRENNAN. Where I was standing watching the man?
Mr. BELIN. Where you were standing watching the man; yes.
Mr. BRENNAN. Right there.
Mr. BELIN. And then where did you go from there?
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Now, you have taken a line which would be running along the south side of Elm Street there towards the point where you are sitting, and that is in the picture Exhibit 478. And that was the route that you took?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.

The ambulance left about 12.25.

Accordingly, I believe that Brennan did not take up position on the wall until about 12.24.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.

Charles, save yourself some time:
Brennan confirmed/corroborated/substantiated/verified/authenticated/validated the 12:22-12:24 time window.

You know these guys: If a witness doesn't use the exact same words in, say, an affidavit as opposed to a later, fuller statement or testimony; why then he must be lying.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:00:17 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Charles Collins

My original post (note I corrected Main to Elm, that was error).

Brennan claimed to start ar 12.18 and took about 4 minutes to get to the southwest corner of Elm and Houston. (12.22).

Then....

Some more about the "couple of minutes" watching them picking up the man. this would take the time to 12.24.

BRENNAN. I believe I walked a little south there, just observing them picking the man up.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
You have marked a line on Exhibit No. 478 heading a little bit south on the west side of Houston street, commencing at the southwest corner of the intersection, which is where you say you walked to watch the man with the epileptic fit, is that it?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I didn't go up--he was almost center way of the block here. I didn't go up that far.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
And will you put the letter "H" there, if you would?
Mr. BRENNAN. Where I was standing watching the man?
Mr. BELIN. Where you were standing watching the man; yes.
Mr. BELIN. And then where did you go from there?
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Now, you have taken a line which would be running along the south side of Elm Street there towards the point where you are sitting, and that is in the picture Exhibit 478. And that was the route that you took?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.

The ambulance left about 12.25.

Accordingly, I believe that Brennan did not take up position on the wall until about 12.24.

The seizure event took place about halfway between Main and Elm on the south side of Houston. Brennan said it took him about 4-minutes to get to the corner of Elm and Houston (not to the scene of the seizure). And nowhere does he say that he stayed at that scene until they picked up the man. Only a couple of minutes (a guess). Your assumptions have some obstacles to overcome before they become believable.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Charles, save yourself some time:
Brennan confirmed/corroborated/substantiated/verified/authenticated/validated the 12:22-12:24 time window.

You know these guys: If a witness doesn't use the exact same words in, say, an affidavit as opposed to a later, fuller statement or testimony; why then he must be lying.

Brennan said he was sitting on the wall directly opposite the TSBD, when video evidence shows he was sitting somewhere else.
Brennan said he couldn't identify the killer in a line up and then he suddenly could
Brennan claimed he saw Kennedy's head explode when video shows he wasn't even watching in the direction of the car a split second earlier....

But hey, you know these guys; if a witness says something they like, they don't care just how often he changes his story and lies....