Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81866 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Advertisement
A potential assassin that chickened out isn't much of a threat.
And besides, Oswald desperately relied on Ruth to house his wife and daughters so why would he jeopardise this convenient arrangement?

JohnM

Yet, according to the narrative, he stored a rifle in Ruth's garage without telling or asking her..... Doesn't make any sense!

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

Yet, according to the narrative, he stored a rifle in Ruth's garage without telling or asking her..... Doesn't make any sense!

I don't think that the religious Quaker Ruth would approve of having a rifle stored in her garage, so why would he tell her? ....Telling her makes no sense at all.

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

I don't think that the religious Quaker Ruth would approve of having a rifle stored in her garage, so why would he tell her? ....Telling her makes no sense at all.

JohnM

For once I agree...

But by storing a rifle in Ruth's garage anyway, and without telling or asking her, he did in fact potentially jeopardise the convenient arrangement of his wife and daughters living with Ruth. That's why the narrative doesn't make any sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

For once I agree...

But by storing a rifle in Ruth's garage anyway, and without telling or asking her, he did in fact potentially jeopardise the convenient arrangement of his wife and daughters living with Ruth. That's why the narrative doesn't make any sense.

Sure, if Ruth went through his stuff she may have found the rifle but I reckon that Oswald counted on the religious Ruth not going through his belongings and history shows that in fact she didn't.
Over the years I've had people stay with me and I respected their privacy, is that unusual?

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

Sure, if Ruth went through his stuff she may have found the rifle but I reckon that Oswald counted on the religious Ruth not going through his belongings and history shows that in fact she didn't.
Over the years I've had people stay with me and I respected their privacy, is that unusual?

JohnM

The losely wrapped blanket was on the garage floor for two months and had been moved several times by Michael Paine... it's a miracle that the rifle didn't fall out by itself. With kids playing around the house a rifle could have been exposed at any moment.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

The losely wrapped blanket was on the garage floor for two months and had been moved several times by Michael Paine... it's a miracle that the rifle didn't fall out by itself. With kids playing around the house a rifle could have been exposed at any moment.

Who said the blanket was wrapped loosely?

Michael who also respected Oswald's privacy, moved the package and thought it was camping equipment.

And as for the children, a rifle without bullets is just a big stick, personally I'd be more worried about what appears to be a big fixed electric drill or bandsaw.

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

A potential assassin that chickened out isn't much of a threat.
And besides, Oswald desperately relied on Ruth to house his wife and daughters so why would he jeopardise this convenient arrangement?

JohnM

Did he tell Ruth he wouldn’t be coming back that Friday? I can’t recall. We have established he already came without notice once....I thought there were plans for the family to find new residence but it had been postponed somewhat. He was a pretty good saver. He managed to pay Robert back initially ($200?) and then State Department loan of more than $400 in just 2 months in early '63. Also saving that money to get to Russia from his marine pay.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Who said the blanket was wrapped loosely?

Michael who also respected Oswald's privacy, moved the package and thought it was camping equipment.

And as for the children, a rifle without bullets is just a big stick, personally I'd be more worried about what appears to be a big fixed electric drill or bandsaw.

JohnM

You can twist and turn as much as you like, but not placing a rifle in Ruth's garage would have eliminated even the slightest possibility of jeopardising the convenient arrangement of his wife and daughters living with Ruth.