Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81302 times)

Offline John Mytton

Advertisement
So, if you believe that, why do you think he chose to keep about $13 in his possession? The equivalent of nearly 2 days pay. Why not just leave it all to Marina and the kids?

If Oswald chickened out of the assassination, he still had some money to last the week, why is that a problem?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

If Oswald chickened out of the assassination, he still had some money to last the week, why is that a problem?

JohnM

If he chickened out he could have just got a ride back to Irving with Buell. Take the rifle back to the garage and get some money then.

Online Charles Collins

So, if you believe that, why do you think he chose to keep about $13 in his possession? The equivalent of nearly 2 days pay. Why not just leave it all to Marina and the kids?

I said eventually, which is ambiguous with regard to how much time might elapse before he is captured or killed. In the meanwhile LHO, if he managed to escape the immediate area, would need cash to get around, eat, etc.. The encounter with JD Tippit helped to hasten the apprehension. And he had already paid for the bus fare and cab ride. So he must have actually kept a little more than thirteen bucks.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

If he chickened out he could have just got a ride back to Irving with Buell. Take the rifle back to the garage and get some money then.

According to Frazier, Oswald said he wasn't going back on Friday which makes sense because he said he had curtain rods which needed to go somewhere, Marina had given him the cold shoulder and I don't think Ruth was very happy that Oswald just turned up unannounced on Thursday.

Mr. BALL - Was there some reason why you didn't?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; I did. Because like I told you, he was going home to get the curtain rods and I asked him at the time, the same time, it would be about that, would he be going home with me Friday afternoon like he had been doing, he said no.

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

According to Frazier, Oswald said he wasn't going back on Friday which makes sense because he said he had curtain rods which needed to go somewhere, Marina had given him the cold shoulder and I don't think Ruth was very happy that Oswald just turned up unannounced on Thursday.

Mr. BALL - Was there some reason why you didn't?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; I did. Because like I told you, he was going home to get the curtain rods and I asked him at the time, the same time, it would be about that, would he be going home with me Friday afternoon like he had been doing, he said no.

JohnM

I don’t think it would be impossible for him to have said to Buell, "hey buddy, I forgot the curtains.....need to go back to Irving to get them".

For a potential assassin, you think he would be scared of Ruth? Perhaps if she had been guarding JFK instead of the SS things might have been different.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

I said eventually, which is ambiguous with regard to how much time might elapse before he is captured or killed. In the meanwhile LHO, if he managed to escape the immediate area, would need cash to get around, eat, etc.. The encounter with JD Tippit helped to hasten the apprehension. And he had already paid for the bus fare and cab ride. So he must have actually kept a little more than thirteen bucks.

So the money would facilitate a "low budget" escape of sorts. For a short period but eventually he would be caught. A bit like william Macey's character in Fargo.

Offline John Mytton

For a potential assassin, you think he would be scared of Ruth?

A potential assassin that chickened out isn't much of a threat.
And besides, Oswald desperately relied on Ruth to house his wife and daughters so why would he jeopardise this convenient arrangement?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

So the money would facilitate a "low budget" escape of sorts. For a short period but eventually he would be caught. A bit like william Macey's character in Fargo.

I saw Fargo, but long ago. And really don’t remember much about it. I doubt that LHO had much of a planned out escape. But it would be prudent to have a little cash in his wallet.