Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 76180 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2020, 01:14:27 AM »
Advertisement
The last time anyone oiled those parts could have been Fred Rupp, the re-conditioner.

Really? More than a year prior to the assassination?

That's some oil!

If the rifle isn't used the oil will remain on it for years....And the TSBD rifle had not been used except for the one shot through the window of walker's house.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2020, 01:14:27 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2020, 01:22:45 AM »
The gun was so drenched in oil that the gun bag gradually soaked it up, and darkened just before Buell saw the bag, for the third time that day, in interrogation.

------------------
LEVITY FOR JFK
------------------
President:
AnybodyButOswald
COO: Dirty Harvey
Support Staff:
OH Lee
Alex Hidell
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:30:12 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2020, 02:23:37 AM »
Is there no WC defender willing and able to reply? Was it not an exhaustive investigation? The silence so far has been golden.

I've answered that question before. Nobody knows who noticed the paper sack first. A lot of them found it there. None of them could say for certain who found it first.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2020, 02:23:37 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2020, 02:27:51 AM »
If the rifle isn't used the oil will remain on it for years....And the TSBD rifle had not been used except for the one shot through the window of walker's house.

Right. With a steel-jacketed 30.06 bullet.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2020, 03:28:34 AM »
I've answered that question before. Nobody knows who noticed the paper sack first. A lot of them found it there. None of them could say for certain who found it first.

Many of them either claimed to have found it first or claimed some one else did.

Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan.

Can you have it both ways?

So how do we reconcile this?

Mr. BELIN. I will now hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 626 and ask you to state if you know what this is, and also appears to be marked as Commission Exhibit 142.
Mr. DAY. This is the sack found on the sixth floor in the southeast corner of the building on November 22, 1963.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any identification on that to so indicate?
Mr. DAY. It has my name on it, and it also has other writing that I put on there for the information of the FBI.
Mr. BELIN. Could you read what you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. "Found next to the sixth floor window gun fired from. May have been used to carry gun. Lieutenant J. C. Day."
Mr. BELIN. When did you write that?
Mr. DAY. I wrote that at the time the sack was found before it left our possession.
Mr. BELIN. All right, anything else that you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. When the sack was released on November 22 to the FBI about 11:45 p.m., I put further information to the FBI reading as follows: "FBI: Has been dusted with metallic magnetic powder on outside only. Inside has not been processed. Lieut J. C. Day."

Did Day write that on the bag at the time the bag was found? Did he write that before he left the TSBD with the rifle around 2pm or after he arrived back about an hour later? Was it written on the bag at police HQ or in the TSBD?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:52:19 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2020, 03:28:34 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2020, 05:18:08 AM »
Not sure there [you know that] but...Either the FBI lied about [to the exclusion stuff] or that clunker did fire CE 399 into some mattresses or the like.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2020, 05:21:56 AM »
Many of them either claimed to have found it first or claimed some one else did.

Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan.

Can you have it both ways?

So how do we reconcile this?

Mr. BELIN. I will now hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 626 and ask you to state if you know what this is, and also appears to be marked as Commission Exhibit 142.
Mr. DAY. This is the sack found on the sixth floor in the southeast corner of the building on November 22, 1963.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any identification on that to so indicate?
Mr. DAY. It has my name on it, and it also has other writing that I put on there for the information of the FBI.
Mr. BELIN. Could you read what you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. "Found next to the sixth floor window gun fired from. May have been used to carry gun. Lieutenant J. C. Day."
Mr. BELIN. When did you write that?
Mr. DAY. I wrote that at the time the sack was found before it left our possession.
Mr. BELIN. All right, anything else that you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. When the sack was released on November 22 to the FBI about 11:45 p.m., I put further information to the FBI reading as follows: "FBI: Has been dusted with metallic magnetic powder on outside only. Inside has not been processed. Lieut J. C. Day."

Did Day write that on the bag at the time the bag was found? Did he write that before he left the TSBD with the rifle around 2pm or after he arrived back about an hour later? Was it written on the bag at police HQ or in the TSBD?

I would suggest to you that when Day said "time the sack was found" he wasn't being precise. His "before it left our possession" makes it obvious that he wasn't being precise.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2020, 05:21:56 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »
I would suggest to you that when Day said "time the sack was found" he wasn't being precise. His "before it left our possession" makes it obvious that he wasn't being precise.

I would accept after the sack was found. Sort of obvious really, he surely couldn’t have written it before it was "found" or after it left his possession could he? However he said "at the time". Obfuscation at best. Any other member like to take a punt at who the discoverer or CE142 was? So far we have everyone and no one.